Dem Katie Hobbs scared to death of a debate with Kari Lake.

I didn't know a lot about Kari Lake until recently, but wow. She is indeed impressive. Quick on her feet, knows her stuff, and can articulate it magnificently. And she is a true Patriot and unashamed and unambiguous about what she believes.

National polls have that race as a toss up as of today, but my money is on Kari unless something drastically changes in the next 55 days.

I'm an Indie hoping to vote for republicans. I hate what Biden is doing. The invasion at our southern border is my main point of anger.

But I'm hoping for intelligent republicans. Candidates who can, and will, think for themselves. I hate trump, and I won't vote for Trump ass kissers or conspiracy crackpots.

Blake Master and Kari Lake worry me for those exact reasons.

I actually like Katie Hobbs. I hope she's smart enough NOT to debate Lake. For two reasons: Lake is hateful and careless about her accusations, and by debating her, Hobbs would just be giving Lake an audience. That would be a mistake, Hobbs doesn't need the debate. And Lake would turn it into a Trump ass-kissing circus.

But closing down the border is the main issue. I just wish we had much better choices.

I didn't know a lot about Kari Lake until recently, but wow. She is indeed impressive. Quick on her feet, knows her stuff, and can articulate it magnificently. And she is a true Patriot and unashamed and unambiguous about what she believes.

National polls have that race as a toss up as of today, but my money is on Kari unless something drastically changes in the next 55 days.
Living in Arizona I've had the opportunity to hear Kari Lake speak several times in different venues. At first I thought she might be a glamour girl without much substance. But she is a sharp cookie and she is laser focused on what is right and not right for Americans. Katie Hobbs is shaking in her boots, I think the DNC will force her hand to agree to at least one debate although she's hiding out in the basement for now. :)

I'm an Indie hoping to vote for republicans. I hate what Biden is doing. The invasion at our southern border is my main point of anger.

But I'm hoping for intelligent republicans. Candidates who can, and will, think for themselves. I hate trump, and I won't vote for Trump ass kissers or conspiracy crackpots.

Blake Master and Kari Lake worry me for those exact reasons.

I actually like Katie Hobbs. I hope she's smart enough NOT to debate Lake. For two reasons: Lake is hateful and careless about her accusations, and by debating her, Hobbs would just be giving Lake an audience. That would be a mistake, Hobbs doesn't need the debate. And Lake would turn it into a Trump ass-kissing circus.

But closing down the border is the main issue. I just wish we had much better choices.

There is no way you could like Hobbs, claiming you care about the border.

It is impossible.

There is no way you could like Hobbs, claiming you care about the border.

It is impossible.
I'm keeping my options open. I don't know much about Hobbs, or her positions, yet. But from what I've seen she seems intelligent and reasonable. And judging by her stance in the last election, she's willing to stand her ground and do the right thing when thing get rough.

In Arizona there are big problems being caused by the election conspiracy crackpots. They keep bitching and moaning about "election fraud" and cheating and stolen elections IN SPITE of investigations that show there are no real problems. It's just getting old.

She's got to go. I'd love to give Tucson Mayor Romero the boot as well, she's even worse than Hobbs.
I don 't know much about Hobbs, yet. But I sure as Hell won't vote for a political party just to be "loyal" to a party. As far as I'm concerned both parties suck. All we can do is vote for the best candidates we can find, among the many lousy choices.

I agree completely about Regina Romero. I can't stand the nasty bitch. She's truly nasty and we've got to find

a way to throw her skanky ass out of the mayor's office.

Kari Lake often sounds like a crackpot. She's forever sucking up to Trump and whining about the "stolen" election. It's time to grow up and leave all the idiotic conspiracy lunacy behind. It just makes the election fraud kooks sound like infantile losers.

Lake often speaks like an intelligent woman. But she always falls back into full Trump ass-kissing mode, and whining about non-existent election fraud. At these times, she sounds like she has shit for brains and seems incapable of thinking for herself.

I don't like the candidates available to us.

Last edited:
I'm keeping my options open. I don't know much about Hobbs, or her positions, yet. But from what I've seen she seems intelligent and reasonable. And judging by her stance in the last election, she's willing to stand her ground and do the right thing when thing get rough.

In Arizona there are big problems being caused by the election conspiracy crackpots. They keep bitching and moaning about "election fraud" and cheating and stolen elections IN SPITE of investigations that show there are no real problems. It's just getting old.

I don 't know much about Hobbs, yet. But I sure as Hell won't vote for a political party just to be "loyal" to a party. As far as I'm concerned both parties suck. All we can do is vote for the best candidates we can find, among the many lousy choices.

I agree completely about Regina Romero. I can't stand the nasty bitch. She's truly nasty and we've got to find

Kari Lake often sounds like a crackpot. She's forever sucking up to Trump and whining about the "stolen" election. It's time to grow up and leave all the idiotic conspiracy lunacy behind. It just makes the election fraud kooks sound like infantile losers.

Lake often speaks like an intelligent woman. But she always falls back into full Trump ass-kissing mode, and whining about non-existent election fraud. At these times, she sounds like she has shit for brains and seems incapable of thinking for herself.

Hobbs loves her open borders.

Like I said, if you want NO BORDER, vote for Hobbs.

She's your ticket.

81 million votes is getting old too.

Katie has been pretty mum on most issues suggesting she doesn't know or maybe doesn't care about them.

She is definitely pro expanding LBBTQ+ protections and involvement including putting that into school curriculum, and pro CRT while quiet on strengthening traditional families and rights of everybody else. Pro 100% unrestricted abortion.

She is definitely pro expanding rights for criminals and prisoners but quiet on victims' rights or security of ordinary citizens. An Arizona police group petitioned her to state unequivocably that she was not into defunding police or otherwise weakening law enforcement and I don't believe she has responded to that.

She is anti-lobbying which maybe she is, but most Democrats mean they are against Republican lobbyist when they say that. We'll see.

She says she is for securing the border but wants D.C. to do that and meanwhile doesn't want any law enforcement detaining illegals coming across the border unless they commit very serious crimes.

And she is pro pouring more and more tax $$$ into various issues to promote economic development which is exactly what government leaders should NOT be doing at this time.

And that's about it.

I personally wouldn't want her anywhere near the governor's office or anywhere in leadership.

Last edited:
Hobbs is terrified to show up anywhere in Arizona except Phoenix and Flagstaff.
She knows she would be shouted down by any crowd in the rest of our state because of her history.
Arizona is in better shape there than New Mexico. More than half the NM population is in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho/Santa Fe metro areas all tending to be more blue than red, especially Santa Fe. Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe/Flagstaff are only a little less than 30% of Arizona's population. You have a much better chance of going all red in November than we do.

I sure wish we had someone the caliber of Kari Lake to vote for governor in November as Ronchetti is okay but is an establishment Republican. Would be much better than Grisham but nobody people are really excited to vote for. Which means he'll likely lose.

Ronchetti does put out better ads than Grisham does though. I do wish he would get some help to edit them a bit but. . .

A very good friend of mine has family in Arizona and says that the majority of Arizonans are dumb as dog shit.

A very good friend of mine has family in Arizona and says that the majority of Arizonans are dumb as dog shit.
Well I live next door to Arizona and have family in Arizona, have done a lot of business in Arizona, and I find people there to be pretty much the same as people anywhere else, some good, some bad, some smart, some dumb, but certainly no worse.

I love her cause she tells it like it is,she told cnn they are a propaganda tool, :yes_text12: that is unheard of fir a politician to tell the truth like that,no surprise trump likes her. :thup:

You might want to be more discriminating in choosing your friends.

Anyone who would make such a broad statement condemning the intelligence of a large group of people, the vast majority of whom he cannot possibly "know," is proving to all, that it is HE who is "dumb as dog shit."

Katie has been pretty mum on most issues suggesting she doesn't know or maybe doesn't care about them.

She is definitely pro expanding LBBTQ+ protections and involvement including putting that into school curriculum, and pro CRT while quiet on strengthening traditional families and rights of everybody else. Pro 100% unrestricted abortion.

She is definitely pro expanding rights for criminals and prisoners but quiet on victims' rights or security of ordinary citizens. An Arizona police group petitioned her to state unequivocably that she was not into defunding police or otherwise weakening law enforcement and I don't believe she has responded to that.

She is anti-lobbying which maybe she is, but most Democrats mean they are against Republican lobbyist when they say that. We'll see.

She says she is for securing the border but wants D.C. to do that and meanwhile doesn't want any law enforcement detaining illegals coming across the border unless they commit very serious crimes.

And she is pro pouring more and more tax $$$ into various issues to promote economic development which is exactly what government leaders should NOT be doing at this time.

And that's about it.

I personally wouldn't want her anywhere near the governor's office or anywhere in leadership.
I appreciate the information you've provided. Hobbs is probably too far left for my liking. But I plan to carefully research all of our choices.

I vote for people of both parties. Both parties have loads of awful candidates.

I saw Kari Lake in an interview and she came off like an arrogant, hateful, Trump suck up who can't think for herself. That's just as horrible and dangerous as being a huge lefty.

Our two party system is incredibly restricting. We always seem to end up with two lousy choices.

The current administration and it's policies turns my stomach. On the other hand, I also find Trump and his ass-lickers truly revolting.

Forum List

Back