Dem Budget: 2 TRILLION in NEW TAX HIKES, Deep Cuts at Pentagon

SECURITY IS NOT PART OF THE DEFICIT PROBLEM! IT HAS A DEDICATED TAX AND IT'S OWN TRUST FUND.[/B]

And clearly you are a retard. It's "Trust Fund" as been being raped to cover the General Budget for years. Also, on the current track the SS taxes taken in will not cover money going out. SS is indeed a big part of our Debt Problem.

Please try and learn to deal with Facts. Nearly 1/3 if I remember right, Of all our Debt, Is in the form of IUO's Wrote against the SS trust fund.

Silly little Libs.

What the fuck's your point? Whether the "Trust fund" was spent on other things or not, the truth remains that, all other things equal, without Social Security the debt would be $2.7 Trillion MORE than it is now.

So what, are you planning on hedging outlays but keeping the tax? Because that's the only way the reform will be deficit-positive...

The concept of a SS "Trust fund" is just an accounting instrument... It's not under a mattress someplace, nor should it be. It's invested like any other retirement plan in what is, for now, the most secure instrument on the face of the Earth (The US Federal Government). What is so difficult to understand about that?

SECURITY IS NOT PART OF THE DEFICIT PROBLEM! IT HAS A DEDICATED TAX AND IT'S OWN TRUST FUND.[/B]

And clearly you are a retard. It's "Trust Fund" as been being raped to cover the General Budget for years. Also, on the current track the SS taxes taken in will not cover money going out. SS is indeed a big part of our Debt Problem.

Please try and learn to deal with Facts. Nearly 1/3 if I remember right, Of all our Debt, Is in the form of IUO's Wrote against the SS trust fund.

Silly little Libs.

What the fuck's your point? Whether the "Trust fund" was spent on other things or not, the truth remains that, all other things equal, without Social Security the debt would be $2.7 Trillion MORE than it is now.

So what, are you planning on hedging outlays but keeping the tax? Because that's the only way the reform will be deficit-positive...

The concept of a SS "Trust fund" is just an accounting instrument... It's not under a mattress someplace, nor should it be. It's invested like any other retirement plan in what is, for now, the most secure instrument on the face of the Earth (The US Federal Government). What is so difficult to understand about that?

That the fuckers went belly up in 1935, subsequently stole our gold and silver. And are about to go belly up again.

Like it

EVERYTHING on the table....shared sacrifice for all

No, everything is not on the table. Is Medicare on the table? Social Security? The salaries of government workers? The EPA budget?

Aren't they? I thought they were. I thought Obama said that we will look at cutting everything.

I know, me too, it keeps changing, Reid has a bill that has ZERO cuts...it was posted here from wapo.

this is more posturing etc etc etc...they will do it right up till august 1st I think.

then we will go thru ALLLLLLLLLLLLL of this shit again for the 2012 budget due October 1st, that if the dems plan on approving a budget this year, we've been 2 year without one so who knows. The reps put one out ( thy already voted on one and it was killed in the senate)...the pres? nada...

Silly little Libs.

The problem is that the government has been using said accounting instrument as general funding, and now that the yearly surplus has dried up it now has to pay back principal to keep SS paying out at the current values.

The government has been relying on these payments to pay for general items, and now it isnt there anymore.

Forum List

Back