Unemployment Rate? Who Cares?

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
I was watching MSNBC yesterday when one of the nameless pundits uttered something that made me chuckle “research has shown that unemployment will not be the main issue in 2012”. How ridiculous, right? No president since FDR has ever been re-elected with an unemployment rate above 8%. The unemployment rate receives far more attention than any other issue, barring of course the Casey Anthony trail, how in the world could that not be a driving issue in 2012.

Well apparently that unnamed MSNBC pundit was, shockingly, receiving his talking points straight from the White House: “President Obama’s senior political adviser David Plouffe said Wednesday that people won’t vote in 2012 based on the unemployment rate” (Top Obama adviser says unemployment won't be key in 2012 - TheHill.com)

It is official: The Obama administration has completely lost touch with reality.

Marco Rubio articulated the solution to America’s problems so well the other day:

“Let’s stop talking about new taxes and start talking about new taxpayers, which means jobs. This debt is the No. 1 issue on everyone’s minds and rightfully so. It is a major issue, but everywhere else, in the real world, the No. 1 issue on people’s minds is jobs. And I tell you, every other problem facing America — a mortgage crisis, a home foreclosure crisis, this debt problem — all of these issues get easier to deal with if people are gainfully employed across America. And the impact that unemployment is having across this country is devastating. …” (Sen. Rubio: We Don't Need New Taxes, We Need New Taxpayers | RealClearPolitics)

This administration has written off creating jobs, offering the Stimulus Act as its only legislative solution to unemployment—which even Obama has admitted is a failure “shovel-ready wasn’t as shovel-ready as we thought”. The Republicans are hammering home a message that is resonating with those struggling in this dismal economy, and yes they will be voting based on the unemployment rate in 2012.

Last edited:
And you know that the crowd at MS LSD will push this talking point straight from the WH downplaying the
horrific unemployment numbers.

Hey.....I got my job

If you don't.....you must be lazy or stupid

JOBLESS RATE:

January 2009 ===7.8%

May 2011 === 9.1%

June 2011=== 9.2%

It IS possible Obama's base wouldn't know or care of these statistics, therefore he will not be campaigning on the state of the economy. He would have to admit failure of his stimulus package that was supposed to provide those "shovel ready jobs. " ( that weren't so shovel ready after all as he laughingly and glibly admits. )

Last edited:
Don't see how the WH can effectively downplay the projection that 70 per cent of small businesses do not plan on expanding/hiring in the next 12 months.
The UNCERTAINTY is just too damn high!

Or you could be like a majority of those 99ers who will only START to look for work when their checks run out.These people who Ed Schultz was defending with such vigor the he almost had a stroke one night....

Yeh it's those evil Republicans at it again....but these folks would rather take the free rise and collext dem checks....Ummmm Ummmmm Ummmm...Love dat Obama

Last edited:
This debt is the No. 1 issue on everyone’s minds and rightfully so.

No, I rather doubt that.

It's the No. 1 issue on some people's minds, of course.

For others employment is the number 1 issue.

This debt is the No. 1 issue on everyone’s minds and rightfully so.

No, I rather doubt that.

It's the No. 1 issue on some people's minds, of course.

For others employment is the number 1 issue.

For some...Casey Anthony is the number 1 issue

The Mantra of The Party of Herbert Hoover is that Obama promised that the stimulus would keep the Unemployment Rate below an 8% level: But that would become "too late already" Because of Bush-McCain-Palin-McConnell-Bachman-Romney-Pawlenty-Huntstman-Gingrinch-Cain-Paul-Paul and et. al.

There is a law firm name that millions can recognize!

See what AquaAthena and others are unable to recognize!

January 2009 ===7.8%

May 2011 === 9.1%

June 2011=== 9.2%

Look and see. See nearly 8% already caused by the Party of Herbert Hoover!

See only a 1% increase due to the Obama-Biden-Pelosi-Reid!

It's on their permanent records!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(In the United States, clearly: Even arithmetic is not allowed to be discussed in economics class, social studies, political science, social psychology--or even in the abnormal psychology classes, run by the teachers!)

Hey.....I got my job

If you don't.....you must be lazy or stupid
So says a gubmint employee...

Not my fault you can't meet the strict standards to work for the government

Are you stupid or lazy?
You have NO idea what I do...but i can assure you, I do work for Government almost on a daily basis dipshit.

Your job protected by a union? I'll bet that it is...what's the matter sewerboy? Can't keep a job on your own merits and need a union thug to speak for you?

The Mantra of The Party of Herbert Hoover is that Obama promised that the stimulus would keep the Unemployment Rate below an 8% level: But that would become "too late already" Because of Bush-McCain-Palin-McConnell-Bachman-Romney-Pawlenty-Huntstman-Gingrinch-Cain-Paul-Paul and et. al.

There is a law firm name that millions can recognize!

See what AquaAthena and others are unable to recognize!

January 2009 ===7.8%

May 2011 === 9.1%

June 2011=== 9.2%

Look and see. See nearly 8% already caused by the Party of Herbert Hoover!

See only a 1% increase due to the Obama-Biden-Pelosi-Reid!

It's on their permanent records!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(In the United States, clearly: Even arithmetic is not allowed to be discussed in economics class, social studies, political science, social psychology--or even in the abnormal psychology classes, run by the teachers!)

I think the idea was that Obama could fix something. He didn't. Just like a lot of other things he said he would do.

No one on the left has any complaint whatsoever with the job numbers month after month....Unemployment is still over the 8% this administration said it would never go over if the stimulus went through.This President has appeared on numerous occasions taking a bow for the hundreds of thousands of jobs he created...And the liberal controlled media supports and never questions the crappy job this President has done with jobs.

So says a gubmint employee...

Are you stupid or lazy?
You have NO idea what I do...but i can assure you, I do work for Government almost on a daily basis dipshit.

Your job protected by a union? I'll bet that it is...what's the matter sewerboy? Can't keep a job on your own merits and need a union thug to speak for you?

Union?

Have you ever worked for a union that will get you fired if you strike? That has no ability to negotiate wages and benefits? That must rely on congressional legislation to modify benefits?

some union

No one on the left has any complaint whatsoever with the job numbers month after month....Unemployment is still over the 8% this administration said it would never go over if the stimulus went through.This President has appeared on numerous occasions taking a bow for the hundreds of thousands of jobs he created...And the liberal controlled media supports and never questions the crappy job this President has done with jobs.

Unemployment was already over 8% when the stimulus was passed

Are you stupid or lazy?

Union?

Have you ever worked for a union that will get you fired if you strike? That has no ability to negotiate wages and benefits? That must rely on congressional legislation to modify benefits?

some union
So WHY be a part of it? Be a man. Stand on you own feet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back