Dehumanization: Palestinians' most powerful enemy

The dehumanization of the Palestinians by Israel and it's supporters IS an issue, but it's being conflated with a lot of other stuff in the OP.

Look at how the Palestinians are constantly referred to as "animals" etc etc - every individual tarred with the brush of extremists. Palestinian children die and the comments are along the line of "good riddance, one less future terrorist". This dehumanization is evident in the justice system where there are two different "systems" for the same offenses and children are brutally treated by Israeli officials. Israeli Jews can throw stones and get a slap on the wrist. Palestinians throw stones and get shot. Because they're "animals".

Over and over we see this dehumanization.

This latest conflict though - is not a good example. NO country can be expected to tolerate constant rocket fire into it's civilian population and Hamas kept escalating, putting it's people at risk. Would we, in our country tolerate this without a response? I seriously doubt it.

No people can tolerate decades of continuous oppression and occupation. Would Americans just accept being penned into Gulags for decades without striking out at their jailers? I seriously doubt it.
This is a criminal mentality, which can also be real, but doesn't fit for the situation, you always try to make comparisons so you'll sound like somebody who actually know it all fairly enough to make a comparison, but you are not.

The dehumanization of the Palestinians by Israel and it's supporters IS an issue, but it's being conflated with a lot of other stuff in the OP.

Look at how the Palestinians are constantly referred to as "animals" etc etc - every individual tarred with the brush of extremists. Palestinian children die and the comments are along the line of "good riddance, one less future terrorist". This dehumanization is evident in the justice system where there are two different "systems" for the same offenses and children are brutally treated by Israeli officials. Israeli Jews can throw stones and get a slap on the wrist. Palestinians throw stones and get shot. Because they're "animals".

This latest conflict though - is not a good example. NO country can be expected to tolerate constant rocket fire into it's civilian population and Hamas kept escalating, putting it's people at risk. Would we, in our country tolerate this without a response? I seriously doubt it.

No people can tolerate decades of continuous oppression and occupation. Would Americans just accept being penned into Gulags for decades without striking out at their jailers? I seriously doubt it.

To start the ball rolling - all Hamas has to do is recognize Israel's right to exist as a sovereign nation. The fact that Fatah was willing to and Hamas was no speaks volumes about Hamas' intentions. There is also something to be said about Hamas' choice to hide armaments in and near hospitals and schools, something which has been independently verified - thus choosing to make them targets. Hamas is using it's people, not leading it's people.

The Palestinians do, indeed, have a slight Public Relations problem...

482946_467579929951519_1561866819_n.jpg

One that their cowardice brought down upon their own heads...

israeli_snipers.jpg

israeli_snipers.jpg

Gallows humor?

And, this does nothing to (1) disprove the idea that the Palestinians have a Public Relations problem nor (2) disprove the idea that the Palestinians cowardly habit of embedding their war assets amongst their civilian populations is egregious and widespread and directly responsible for huge numbers of Palestinian civilian casualties - a state of affairs which they brought down upon their own heads.

israeli_snipers.jpg

Gallows humor?

And, this does nothing to (1) disprove the idea that the Palestinians have a Public Relations problem nor (2) disprove the idea that the Palestinians cowardly habit of embedding their war assets amongst their civilian populations is egregious and widespread and directly responsible for huge numbers of Palestinian civilian casualties - a state of affairs which they brought down upon their own heads.

Seems to be Hamas doing that.
Seems also that Israel has been caught using human sheilds.

I believe that the people who cry out "kill the Jews till non of them left" and "May death come upon the descendants of the apes and pigs and those who enrage Allah" cannot come later and cry out when the people on the other side of the conflict map see them as "animals". If we're pigs, and the Arabs are our cousins, what does that make of them? I'm curious.

If anything, both of us are culprits of the same sin, both of us should try and fix it together, putting the blame on the Jews alone is hypocritical.

israeli_snipers.jpg

Gallows humor?

Then I guess it's a good thing we have an Israeli High court to point the finger on our wrong doings.

When did Hamas' court did something similar?

israeli_snipers.jpg

Gallows humor?

Then I guess it's a good thing we have an Israeli High court to point the finger on our wrong doings.

When did Hamas' court did something similar?

I've always said that Israel has a better system of accountability than the Palestinians. However - that keeps being used as a means of deflecting from the things Israel DOES do that are bad.
Why do you keep posting such hypocritical images?

I believe that the people who cry out "kill the Jews till non of them left" and "May death come upon the descendants of the apes and pigs and those who enrage Allah" cannot come later and cry out when the people on the other side of the conflict map see them as "animals". If we're pigs, and the Arabs are our cousins, what does that make of them? I'm curious.

If anything, both of us are culprits of the same sin, both of us should try and fix it together, putting the blame on the Jews alone is hypocritical.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't think I've ever put the blame on Jews alone.

No nation is clean of sin. But if people ask me to show sympathy for the same people who did the Ramallah lynch, then I'm sorry that I cannot force myself to feel it. If people blame me for saying those who sent to kill Helena Rapp are monsters and not human, not going to say "sorry" for that either.

No nation is clean of sin. But if people ask me to show sympathy for the same people who did the Ramallah lynch, then I'm sorry that I cannot force myself to feel it. If people blame me for saying those who sent to kill Helena Rapp are monsters and not human, not going to say "sorry" for that either.

They aren't all "the same people".

If anything, both of us are culprits of the same sin, both of us should try and fix it together, putting the blame on the Jews alone is hypocritical.

I agree. I don't think I've ever put the blame on Jews alone.[/QUOTE]

Well not you, but I was refering more to the OP

No, they're the ones who set the example for younger generations of Palestinian children

No, they're the ones who set the example for younger generations of Palestinian children

Do they? Sometimes I wonder if much of that is also media hype that emphasizes the worst because it sells. When kids are iinterviewed, they want to be doctors or teachers - clearly, there are other role models.

There's a lot of hate being taught and passed on - on both sides.

Do they? Sometimes I wonder if much of that is also media hype that emphasizes the worst because it sells. When kids are iinterviewed, they want to be doctors or teachers - clearly, there are other role models.

I listened on TV to the daughter of Al-Shamallah, Hamas leader who was responsible for the deaths of countless of innocent Israelis over the years. The kid is still basically attached to her mother's chest, I don't know if she's even out of third grade by the looks of it. She said proud to Hamas' TV that her dad killed so many Jews and helped bombing Tel Aviv and she cannot wait to grow old and follow the exact same steps and so meet him in paraside. I thought to myself, poor kid. That's what they teach them, and then they're suprised Israelis are disgusted?

Then after that I listen to Naftali Frenkel's mom, she's grieving, her boy was kidnapped and brutally killed, and after Abu Khdair was murdered she got up and told the entire nation- you did wrong in avenging him, this is not the Jewish way!

And then they tell us how settlers are beasts....

I listened on TV to the daughter of Al-Shamallah, Hamas leader who was responsible for the deaths of countless of innocent Israelis over the years. The kid is still basically attached to her mother's chest, I don't know if she's even out of third grade by the looks of it. She said proud to Hamas' TV that her dad killed so many Jews and helped bombing Tel Aviv and she cannot wait to grow old and follow the exact same steps and so meet him in paraside. I thought to myself, poor kid. That's what they teach them, and then they're suprised Israelis are disgusted?

Then after that I listen to Naftali Frenkel's mom, she's grieving, her boy was kidnapped and brutally killed, and after Abu Khdair was murdered she got up and told the entire nation- you did wrong in avenging him, this is not the Jewish way!

And then they tell us how settlers are beasts....

And yet there are those settlers who commit violence against Palestinian civilians and children, there are those settlers who honor Goldstein still. So, ya - there are beasts amongst them also.

If those hapless Palestinian "refugees" - and to a great extent, most Mideast Arabs - wanted less oppression they would toss off their failed leadership and failed societies and get on board the democracy train.

To start the ball rolling - all Hamas has to do is recognize Israel's right to exist as a sovereign nation. The fact that Fatah was willing to and Hamas was no speaks volumes about Hamas' intentions. There is also something to be said about Hamas' choice to hide armaments in and near hospitals and schools, something which has been independently verified - thus choosing to make them targets. Hamas is using it's people, not leading it's people.

It has yet to be settled how much UNRWA knew about Hamas weapons in their "schools" and when they knew it:

UN admits its schools in Gaza were used to store Hamas rockets

Special to WorldTribune.com
GAZA CITY — The United Nations has acknowledged that its facilities in the Gaza Strip were storing Palestinian missiles and rockets.
The UN Relief and Works Agency has reported at least two incidents in which its schools were used for the storage of rockets amid the war with Israel. In both cases, the UN refused to confiscate the rockets and instead asked Hamas to retrieve the weapons.
“UNRWA strongly and unequivocally condemns the group or groups responsible for this flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law,” UNRWA said...

Western diplomats, however, said the UN returned as many as 20 rockets to Hamas. Canada has called for an investigation of the UN action.
“I was appalled to hear reports, one as recent as today, of stockpiles of rockets in a school run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in Gaza,” Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird said. “Even more alarming were reports that in the first case, officials with the United Nations returned these weapons to Hamas, a listed terrorist organization, once Israeli officials discovered their location.”

UN admits its schools in Gaza were used to store Hamas rockets - World Tribune World Tribune

Forum List

Back