Defiance

I'm surprised at this positive reaction. I thought it was a fairly obvious, cliched bit of fluff. And I wish that the people who produce at Sy Fy would learn to use a little less CGI unless they get MUCH better at it! Wow, some truly horrible effects were put in this show.

Not the worst Sy Fy show I've seen (this is the channel that cancelled Farscape and put on Tremors the series, after all) but I doubt I'll watch any more. It's strange how little good sci fi comes from the (formerly) Sci Fi channel. :tongue:

Yep. I've got about 30 hours in the game and of course only a couple episodes into the series. The tie in is good from the cut scenes in the game but beyond that not much.

For the record the show is far better than the game but the game sets a VERY LOW standard.

I'll give it a couple more episodes to grow but thus far I am not impressed. A half naked alien WOMAN practically making out with her son is not a good start for me. However hot she may have been was instantly lost on the perversion. Then you have last weeks rapelling down a sky scraper ( a 15 ft wide sky scraper?)

Low budget crap....but I'll wait cause StarTrek was low budget crap too andIit was awesome

Watching only, it seems a little weak. Like they cast their net out with tons of aliens to see which would be popular to focus on.

The science is soft, may as well be d&d. I bet it lets them get away with alot of "oh, we can do this to get out of that" episode endings.

Battlestar? No.

Firefly? Maybe.

Watching only, it seems a little weak. Like they cast their net out with tons of aliens to see which would be popular to focus on.

The science is soft, may as well be d&d. I bet it lets them get away with alot of "oh, we can do this to get out of that" episode endings.

Battlestar? No.

Firefly? Maybe.

Firefly was leagues beyond this.

Battlestar? No.

Firefly? Maybe.

Ugh. Battlestar Galactica was pretty overrated. Besides being filled with pseudo-religious nonsense and seeming unsure of where it wanted to go (actually, it reminds me of the Matrix sequels a bit) there was also plenty of 'soft' science. Come on, in one episode Starbuck used her uniform to plug a hole in a ship, using some kind of space duct tape to hold it in place! :lol:

Firefly was one of the best sci fi shows ever made. Only the fact it was cut short keeps me from easily considering it the best.

Battlestar? No.

Firefly? Maybe.

Ugh. Battlestar Galactica was pretty overrated. Besides being filled with pseudo-religious nonsense and seeming unsure of where it wanted to go (actually, it reminds me of the Matrix sequels a bit) there was also plenty of 'soft' science. Come on, in one episode Starbuck used her uniform to plug a hole in a ship, using some kind of space duct tape to hold it in place! :lol:

Firefly was one of the best sci fi shows ever made. Only the fact it was cut short keeps me from easily considering it the best.

so was Farscape and Babylon 5....

Well, the visual effects are awesome and whoever has created the various races did a great job.

It still reminds me of old Westerns where the crusty guy comes to town and very reluctantly picks up the wand of authority to clean up the town.

And there sure is a lot of people out to destroy the town.

Is the sheriff like Matt Dillon was with Miss Kitty?

Well, the visual effects are awesome and whoever has created the various races did a great job.

It still reminds me of old Westerns where the crusty guy comes to town and very reluctantly picks up the wand of authority to clean up the town.

And there sure is a lot of people out to destroy the town.

Is the sheriff like Matt Dillon was with Miss Kitty?

hey it beats those dam reality shows.....

Last edited:
I thought pilot was so-so, but I loved the concept and the theme. Glad the 2, 3 and 4th episode were fairly good. Not sure if it lived up to the hype yet, but I enjoy the show.

But it's not in the class with the game of thrones or walking dead.

im there.....but im sure Syfi will cancel it like they do a lot of their shows......

Watch TV and movies via Xbox, PS3, Wii and more | Hulu Plus

Not bloodly likely. 2.7 mil viewers. Those are recording breaking numbers for Syfi and numbers that get a 2nd and 3rd season.

when Farscape was on it avg 1.5 million viewers and this was when the Scifi channel was not as big as it is now.....you do notice its gone right?.....it had nothing to do with its ratings.....it became too expensive.....same with Sanctuary.....and firefly had around 4 million when it got the axe......so yea Syfi will cancel it good ratings or not as soon as they think it has gotten to expensive......just like they always do.....

im there.....but im sure Syfi will cancel it like they do a lot of their shows......

Not bloodly likely. 2.7 mil viewers. Those are recording breaking numbers for Syfi and numbers that get a 2nd and 3rd season.

when Farscape was on it avg 1.5 million viewers and this was when the Scifi channel was not as big as it is now.....you do notice its gone right?.....it had nothing to do with its ratings.....it became too expensive.....same with Sanctuary.....and firefly had around 4 million when it got the axe......so yea Syfi will cancel it good ratings or not as soon as they think it has gotten to expensive......just like they always do.....

First show I ever watched on Syfi, so I won't know.

I'm with Gramps on this. I went ahead and watched the first 3 episodes now, and I'm not especially impressed. It's not terrible, but there's plenty of better shows to watch. Even just on SyFy, I prefer Being Human (although that's tapered off after a very good first couple of seasons).

Defiance is an average at best sci fi show.

First show I ever watched on Syfi, so I won't know.

when you get into it.....is when they kill it.....

Watched the pilot episode on Hulu tonight...loved it.

Took me awhile to figure it out, but this is Eureka set in Babylon 5.

I like the show. Not the strongest writing or acting, but the concept is more than enough get me into the show.

I was suprised! It was very good!

It had the second highest ratings for Syfi channel. The acting is great, the concept is great, some of the characters are great, but the writing is subpar. I hope the show returns though. I don't know why, but I enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I think it's gone - as least on Earth.

With Nolan heading off into the unknown, perhaps they're setting up a sequel or something,. So far, haven't seen anything on it.

Forum List

Back