Defiance

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Thursday night, I got my geek on and went to the advance screening of Defiance which will premiere on the SyFy channel April 15. What can I say, I'm a slave to special f/x and scenery.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Was it good? I am looking forward to seeing it, too. Anything besides damn zombies.

I have it set up to record (series setting). :)

I stopped watching after the first hour. I just couldn't get in to it.

The game looks cool though. I can't play it, but I can watch it on youtube maybe. Someone else playing, I mean.

The show was decent(I give it a B-) and the game is pretty good(now that a lot of the server issues have been taken care of). Together they make an awesome combo though! It's a great concept... You should of held out through the 2nd hour Gracie, it got better!

Judging from the trailers it looks good.

No TV so I'll have to wait for it to go online.

Driving through downtown St. Louis yesterday. Image of the "big ass arch". Weather sure was gloomy.

I watched it with some expectations because Syfy usually produces good shows.

My reaction? A Spaghetti Western with awesome special effects.

Will I continue to watch it? Sure! As long as it runs. There's been a couple I liked that were cancelled.

Did you all notice how many are produced and filmed in Canada?

I watched it with some expectations because Syfy usually produces good shows.

My reaction? A Spaghetti Western with awesome special effects.

Will I continue to watch it? Sure! As long as it runs. There's been a couple I liked that were cancelled.

Did you all notice how many are produced and filmed in Canada?

I hadn't realized how much money that was invested in this series!
So begins the television component of Defiance, a daring transmedia experiment--the first concurrently developed, crossover TV show and video game that’s been five years and a reported $100 million in the making.

Defiance: The Agony and Ecstasy of Codeveloping An Integrated TV Show-Game Experience | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce

I have high hopes for it(being that I bought the game)! Both are decent but can be refined... As long as Syfy keeps backing it, as well as the other investors, we may see the dawning of a new entertainment medium with crossovers(tv/console/pc/etc.).
As for the filming in Canada, California has been ran into the ground and can't support Hollywood anymore. Higher taxes and a failing economy are causing many productions studios to find other places to film.

Forum List

Back