Deep fried meatloaf

Sounds good except for the flour.
I also considered bread crumbs. I pan fried some deer steaks in it the other night and they were great!
In fact, I did some deer steak the other day with bagged pizza crust. It was good, too.
Panko. Just slice the meatloaf, press each side into a plate of panko, then fry.

I personally have fried cold meatloaf (in a pan) many, many times. It is yummy, but it will be kind of soft. Might sort of come apart in the fryer...
That's what im scared of but I have to try! lol
I was hoping cooking it a bit in the oven would help. Maybe I could add an extra egg? :lol:
It's the high fat content and high tomato content I think that would result in it disintegrating. When that stuff gets hot it melts and/or evaporates...the fact that it's a venison loaf will help.

I also considered bread crumbs. I pan fried some deer steaks in it the other night and they were great!
In fact, I did some deer steak the other day with bagged pizza crust. It was good, too.
Panko. Just slice the meatloaf, press each side into a plate of panko, then fry.

I personally have fried cold meatloaf (in a pan) many, many times. It is yummy, but it will be kind of soft. Might sort of come apart in the fryer...
I was hoping cooking it a bit in the oven would help. Maybe I could add an extra egg? :lol:
It's the high fat content and high tomato content I think that would result in it disintegrating. When that stuff gets hot it melts and/or evaporates...the fact that it's a venison loaf will help.
Yes, deer is very lean. Also, it is pure deer. No sausage or anything. And there wont be any tomato juice. Im not going to put a topping on it in the oven.

Yes, deer is very lean. Also, it is pure deer. No sausage or anything. And there wont be any tomato juice. Im not going to put a topping on it in the oven.
My loaf always has some kind of tomato something in it..paste, ketchup, sauce, lol. Mixed in...

My loaf always has some kind of tomato something in it..paste, ketchup, sauce, lol. Mixed in...
That's the way my mom did. I never liked her meatloaf. The onions didn't help though lol. I hate onions. Like the flavor but not the texture.
I told her I was doing a meatloaf and her mouth hit the floor. I said "but mom, im making it" lol
She is a very good cook, I just like to pick on her.

Ok ok my meatloaf...let me think...ground beef (or whatever) salt, pepper, garlic powder, CHOPPED ONIONS (hahahaha) but I will leave those out if the kids ask me to. Tomato paste or ketchup, an egg, a piece of bread with milk poured on it to saturation point, Italian seasoning, mustard (dry or prepared) soy and Worcestershire.

I like it. My younger kids aren't wild for it. The older ones and the grandkids like it.

I've used bread crumbs and even oatmeal as a filler/binder.

Don't use oatmeal. Though oatmeal might just lend itself to deep frying..it definitely makes it taste a lot different. And boy is it heavy hahahahahaha

Ok ok my meatloaf...let me think...ground beef (or whatever) salt, pepper, garlic powder, CHOPPED ONIONS (hahahaha) but I will leave those out if the kids ask me to. Tomato paste or ketchup, an egg, a piece of bread with milk poured on it to saturation point, Italian seasoning, mustard (dry or prepared) soy and Worcestershire.

I like it. My younger kids aren't wild for it. The older ones and the grandkids like it.

I've used bread crumbs and even oatmeal as a filler/binder.

Don't use oatmeal. Though oatmeal might just lend itself to deep frying..it definitely makes it taste a lot different. And boy is it heavy hahahahahaha
milk on the bread.. excellent! Just a little?

What about this?
Whenever I get ready to grill meat, I put in the freezer while charcoal is getting ready. It will help with a slight crust and help keep the juices inside. TRUST ME lol
What if I did that to meatloaf? That would give me enough ime to get it in the basket without it falling apart. By the time it got to a point of crumbling(assuming it will), the crust would be golden brown by then..
Maybe that could be plan B?

you know vension is dry.....we always hit it with pork fat....dont worry if it falls apart....we got the bases for sloppy joes....upscale ones but you get my drift....just roll with it....i think my italian sponge cake is a failure not sure yet

I chop up mushrooms and put them in my meatloaf. I've never had a dry meatloaf since I started that tradition. Also, it tastes very good.

Forum List

Back