Decimated al Qaeda Captures Mosul & Tikrit Iraq

[

All you're doing is repeating liberal bull shit.

You say you're a vet but you act like you don't know what is normal operating procedures. You're absolutely clueless.

most of the equipment we had when I was in was Vietnam surplus.

But that wasn't the point I was making.

The Generals told Bush that we needed 500,000 troops to secure the country.

He went in with four divisions, and after Turkey said no to letting us invade from the north,
he went ahead anyway.

Wow.

You realize Obama has been our prez for the past 5 years, right?

I don't mind excluding him from blame during the latest Iraqi Crisis, but defensive partisan whining about Bush only serves to make Obama look ridiculous.

"NEW YORK – About 200 Americans under contract with the Department of Defense at Balad Air Force Base in Iraq are trapped by the al-Qaida-inspired jihadists who have seized control of two cities and are now threatening Baghdad, according to WND sources.

"The sources, private contractors who have recently returned to the U.S. from Iraq, said Friday their former colleagues effectively have been abandoned by the U.S. military and are fighting for their lives against an army of jihadists surrounding the base who belong to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS.

200 U.S. contractors surrounded by jihadists in Iraq

[

All you're doing is repeating liberal bull shit.

You say you're a vet but you act like you don't know what is normal operating procedures. You're absolutely clueless.

He went in with four divisions, and after Turkey said no to letting us invade from the north,
he went ahead anyway.

Wow.

I don't mind excluding him from blame during the latest Iraqi Crisis, but defensive partisan whining about Bush only serves to make Obama look ridiculous.

We just don't want you wingnuts to forget who started this clusterfuck: Bush 41 and Bush 43. It ain't rocket science...

"NEW YORK – About 200 Americans under contract with the Department of Defense at Balad Air Force Base in Iraq are trapped by the al-Qaida-inspired jihadists who have seized control of two cities and are now threatening Baghdad, according to WND sources.

"The sources, private contractors who have recently returned to the U.S. from Iraq, said Friday their former colleagues effectively have been abandoned by the U.S. military and are fighting for their lives against an army of jihadists surrounding the base who belong to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS.

Too bad, too sad. Let their corporate employers protect them - not American taxpayers. There are lots of private security firms for hire. Ain't capitalism great...

800 rebels cause 20,000+ Iraqi army to melt away. - LOL - This is a political problem with the leader. There is no real Al-Qaeda army in Iraq. Just some rebels using that name. There is no US military solution to this problem.

Last edited:

he went ahead anyway.

Wow.

We just don't want you wingnuts to forget who started this clusterfuck: Bush 41 and Bush 43. It ain't rocket science...

Blah, blah, blah........

Obama said he was the solution.

Turns out he is a total clusterfuck.

Just because he's stuck with a bad situation, it doesn't mean he has cartblanc to let everything go to Hell.

He didn't have to run for president. I'm sure Romney would have been happy to fix this, or at the very least keep it for turning into a total mess.

BTW, Bush all but left Afghanistan, so Obama's going to do the same there. Who will you blame for that?

I know.....The Tea Party!!!

[

Wow.

By the time Bush was done screwing it up, the only thing the Shi'a, Sunni and Kurds could agree on is how much they hated us and wanted us gone.

So now we are gone. Just not seeing how that is Obama's fault that the various factions couldn't make their country work.

The Shiite-dominated Malaki government deserves a lot of blame.
They made no effort to engage with the Sunnis.
The US tried to encourage Malaki to lead a non-sectarian government but...

Too bad, too sad. Let their corporate employers protect them - not American taxpayers. There are lots of private security firms for hire. Ain't capitalism great...
Would it make any difference (politically) if those contractors "fighting for their lives" are US citizens?

[

Oh, then we are supposed to let Turkey stop us?

The only reason Turkey said no was because they had been conspiring with Russia and Saddam to get what he had left out of the country and into Syria.

Well, that an 100% of their population was against slaughtering fellow Muslims. Oh, wait, it was ONLY about that. Most of the world thought invading Iraq was a horrible idea. Which is why most of our major allies didn't go along with it.

But, yeah, they were all conspiring to hide WMD's and make Bush look stupid.

[
I guess you've never worked with other country's units before. They tend to be uncooperative at times. You can't let some stick in the mud dictate the mission. The reason our military is the best in the world is because we don't stop when somebody puts a up a little road-block. We adapt and continue on with the mission.

I'm sure they did their very best. But here's the thing, all the Sticks in the Mud were right. Saddam didn't have WMD's. He didn't have an alliance with Al Qaeda. There was really no good reason to go in there, and everyone knew the country was going to collapse into chaos the moment we left.

[
It's one thing to go to war on short notice and hit a snag, but yet another to go unprepared when you've already had screw ups and refused to correct them. Our military doesn't consist of 100% armored units. We only have a limited number of mech units. Somebody has to do the ground pounding. Somebody has to jump out of airplanes. Somebody has to do the unconventional warfare missions. They all can't have everything they imagined when they go in. It's how fast you adapt to changes that matter. If the frago mission calls for a Battalion of Abrams to take down a village, or artillery is needed, or maybe an airstrike is needed, you call it in. Mission failure is usually the fault of higher ups. If they refuse to provide you with what you need, when you need it, the mission usually fail. But still, you have to do your best to make it work. Some of these Muslim countries don't understand this. That is why Iraq is falling as we speak.

Iraq is falling because Bush put a fellow idiot in charge.

Petreaus had the right idea. Bring the Sunnis into the government and have them have a stake.

Yes, Mission failure was the higher ups deciding to invade a country that wasn't our enemy over weapons that didn't exist without enough troops to get the job done.

Far better to invade and remove SADDAM before he developed new WMD capabilities that would drastically increase the cost of any invasion. The United States was already at war with Saddam's regime prior to the invasion. The United States had been bombing Iraq every year since the first GULF WAR. The dismantlement of sanctions by unfaithful members of the international community including 3 members of the Security Council was the last straw. SADDAM had to be removed before he rebuilt is prior capabilities and once again gravely threatened the region!

When you look at the middle east, you have to think ecosystem. Dictators are a necessity in the middle east. If you eliminate dictators then Islamic terrorists start to rise.

When you look at the middle east, you have to think ecosystem. Dictators are a necessity in the middle east. If you eliminate dictators then Islamic terrorists start to rise.

Well, Saddam had to go. A dictator that continually threatens global energy supply is worse than any terrorist. Its one thing to blow up some buildings, its a much worse thing to cripple the entire global economy through the seizure or sabotage of oil fields as Saddam did when he invaded and annexed Kuwait in 1990.

Far better to invade and remove SADDAM before he developed new WMD capabilities that would drastically increase the cost of any invasion. The United States was already at war with Saddam's regime prior to the invasion. The United States had been bombing Iraq every year since the first GULF WAR. The dismantlement of sanctions by unfaithful members of the international community including 3 members of the Security Council was the last straw. SADDAM had to be removed before he rebuilt is prior capabilities and once again gravely threatened the region!

Again, nothing Saddam could have done is worse than the chaos and misery we've inflicted on the region by deposing him.

they are still trapped

the client lockheed martin

has escaped though

Again, nothing Saddam could have done is worse than the chaos and misery we've inflicted on the region by deposing him.

You love your dictators, don't you

You love your dictators, don't you

No, I love AMerican Soldiers.

I don't think we should waste their lives having them do the job the people of that country won't do.

Iraqis could have overthrown Saddam. They chose not to.

Forum List

Back