Decimated al Qaeda Captures Mosul & Tikrit Iraq

Far better to invade and remove SADDAM before he developed new WMD capabilities that would drastically increase the cost of any invasion. The United States was already at war with Saddam's regime prior to the invasion. The United States had been bombing Iraq every year since the first GULF WAR. The dismantlement of sanctions by unfaithful members of the international community including 3 members of the Security Council was the last straw. SADDAM had to be removed before he rebuilt is prior capabilities and once again gravely threatened the region!

Again, nothing Saddam could have done is worse than the chaos and misery we've inflicted on the region by deposing him.

I've been to Kuwait, and I saw what he did there in the 90s. I remember all of the damage, talked to the Kuwaitis, saw the oil fires.......you could see them from the space.

I beg to differ.

1920px-F-14A_VF-114_over_burning_Kuwaiti_oil_well_1991.JPEG

Kuwaiti oil fires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KSA is Sunni.

Why would Sunnis from Iraq attack KSA?
You haven't have even the faintest clue regarding the geography of the area.

To get that oil, Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 and Kuwait is majority Sunni as well.

Well, it didn't turn out very well before. Better luck a second time? I think not.

However, you are correct: Kuwait is mostly Sunni: But KSA is still not Kuwait.

Point taken.:eusa_angel:

"NEW YORK – About 200 Americans under contract with the Department of Defense at Balad Air Force Base in Iraq are trapped by the al-Qaida-inspired jihadists who have seized control of two cities and are now threatening Baghdad, according to WND sources.

"The sources, private contractors who have recently returned to the U.S. from Iraq, said Friday their former colleagues effectively have been abandoned by the U.S. military and are fighting for their lives against an army of jihadists surrounding the base who belong to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS.

200 U.S. contractors surrounded by jihadists in Iraq

they are still trapped

the client lockheed martin

has escaped though
I guess you can't have everything:lol:
Here's the most recent info I can find:

"NEW YORK – A U.S. contractor in Iraq told WND the Iraqi Air Force has begun evacuations from Balad Air Force Base, where 200 American contractors were trapped by the al-Qaida-inspired jihadists who have seized control of two cities and are now threatening Baghdad.

"A contractor with Sallyport Global, who asked not to be named, told WND through a Skype instant message that he was transported from Balad to Baghdad and was communicating from a C-130 preparing to take off to Dubai.

"He said 300 in total have been evacuated from Balad, about 60 miles north of Baghdad, and another 100 are still awaiting airlift. He said the Iraqi Air Force is trying to evacuate everyone by midnight local time.

Iraqi Air Force evacuating besieged U.S. contractors

Far better to invade and remove SADDAM before he developed new WMD capabilities that would drastically increase the cost of any invasion. The United States was already at war with Saddam's regime prior to the invasion. The United States had been bombing Iraq every year since the first GULF WAR. The dismantlement of sanctions by unfaithful members of the international community including 3 members of the Security Council was the last straw. SADDAM had to be removed before he rebuilt is prior capabilities and once again gravely threatened the region!

Again, nothing Saddam could have done is worse than the chaos and misery we've inflicted on the region by deposing him.

Well then you don't know your history. That's like saying that the Chaos and misery we inflicted on French Civilians in Normandy 70 years ago by invading it and removing the Germans was worse than anything Hitler had done.

SADDAM invaded and attacked four different countries while he was in power. He annexed one of them, Kuwait, first time another world leader had invaded and annexed another country since Adolf Hitler did it in World War II. His actions over 24 years led to the deaths of over 1.7 million people. His invasion and war with Iran, his use of Chemical weapons against Iranian troops and then Chemical weapons on Civilians in Iraq. He launched dozens of ballistic missiles against Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Israel. He burned thousands of oil wells in Kuwait and completely looted the country of all its wealth. He then dumped millions of tons of oil into the Persian Gulf creating one of the worst enviormental distasters in human history. He murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people in order to stay in power. He then subjected his country to years of global economic sanctions because of his actions and then forced the international community to invade and remove him when that became the only option for dealing with him.

Saddam is by far one of the worst dictators in history and if he had ever been able to sieze the oil fields in Saudi Arabia, he could of caused a WORLDWIDE ECONOMIC DEPRESSION worse than the great depression of the 1930s!

Bottom line, Saddam had go and no one is writing books saying the opposite!

KSA is Sunni.

Why would Sunnis from Iraq attack KSA?
You haven't have even the faintest clue regarding the geography of the area.

To get that oil, Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 and Kuwait is majority Sunni as well.

Well, it didn't turn out very well before. Better luck a second time? I think not.

However, you are correct: Kuwait is mostly Sunni: But KSA is still not Kuwait.

Wasn't the Republican Guard, Saddam's killers, mostly Sunni when they sacked Kuwait?

[

Well then you don't know your history. That's like saying that the Chaos and misery we inflicted on French Civilians in Normandy 70 years ago by invading it and removing the Germans was worse than anything Hitler had done.

SADDAM invaded and attacked four different countries while he was in power. He annexed one of them, Kuwait, first time another world leader had invaded and annexed another country since Adolf Hitler did it in World War II. His actions over 24 years led to the deaths of over 1.7 million people. His invasion and war with Iran, his use of Chemical weapons against Iranian troops and then Chemical weapons on Civilians in Iraq. He launched dozens of ballistic missiles against Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Israel. He burned thousands of oil wells in Kuwait and completely looted the country of all its wealth. He then dumped millions of tons of oil into the Persian Gulf creating one of the worst enviormental distasters in human history. He murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people in order to stay in power. He then subjected his country to years of global economic sanctions because of his actions and then forced the international community to invade and remove him when that became the only option for dealing with him.

Saddam is by far one of the worst dictators in history and if he had ever been able to sieze the oil fields in Saudi Arabia, he could of caused a WORLDWIDE ECONOMIC DEPRESSION worse than the great depression of the 1930s!

Uh, actually, everyone is writing books about what a stupid idea the Iraq war was.

And while Saddam was kind of a bastard, his days of bastardy were pretty much over by 2003. He was barely the mayor of Baghdad.

[

Uh, actually, everyone is writing books about what a stupid idea the Iraq war was.

And while Saddam was kind of a bastard, his days of bastardy were pretty much over by 2003. He was barely the mayor of Baghdad.

I've not seen anyone, not a single person, write a book about how having SADDAM in power would be good for US national security! NOT one! Typically, you can always find some fruitcake who will take any absurd position, but NO ONE is taking the position that SADDDAM in power in Iraq is a good idea and beneficial for the security of the region! NO ONE!

Yes, I've seen and read the books criticizing the invasion and most of them get the context of why Saddam needed to be removed wrong. The books are ignorant about the collapse of the sanctions and weapons embargo that was occurring in the 2000-2002 period. They primarily focus on mistakes made after the invasion rather than the decision to remove Saddam.

If Saddam was only the Mayor of Baghdad, he would have been removed by other forces within the country years before the invasion occurred in 2003.
Bill Clinton certainly did not allude to SADDAM simply just being a Mayor of Baghdad. Watch this video of Bill Clinton talking about the threat SADDAM posed in December 1998!

Listen carefully!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you believe anything Bubba says?

He was good President who knew how serious a threat SADDAM was to the United States and the world.
I think you're being too generous. Clinton was on the same page as the Indonesian dictator, Suharto, during his time in office. There's good evidence both were war criminals who deserved a Nuremburg judgment. Clinton certainly looked the other way, at least, when Suharto's forces committed genocide in East Timor.

East Timor Retrospective, by Noam Chomsky

[

I've not seen anyone, not a single person, write a book about how having SADDAM in power would be good for US national security! NOT one! Typically, you can always find some fruitcake who will take any absurd position, but NO ONE is taking the position that SADDDAM in power in Iraq is a good idea and beneficial for the security of the region! NO ONE!

Here's one. From ZIONISTS, no less. and they were the biggest institigators.

Israeli Experts Say Middle East Was Safer With Saddam in Iraq

Jerusalem - Although few tears were shed in Israel over Saddam Hussein’s death last month, a small but growing chorus — including government officials, academics and Iraqi émigrés — is warning that Israel could find itself in more danger with him gone, and that it might even regret having welcomed his toppling.

“If I knew then what I know today, I would not have recommended going to war, because Saddam was far less dangerous than I thought,” said Haifa University political scientist Amatzia Baram, one of Israel’s leading Iraq experts.

Yes, I've seen and read the books criticizing the invasion and most of them get the context of why Saddam needed to be removed wrong. The books are ignorant about the collapse of the sanctions and weapons embargo that was occurring in the 2000-2002 period. They primarily focus on mistakes made after the invasion rather than the decision to remove Saddam.

Um, no, most of that was horseshit. There was no new weapons material going to Iraq.

If Saddam was only the Mayor of Baghdad, he would have been removed by other forces within the country years before the invasion occurred in 2003.
Bill Clinton certainly did not allude to SADDAM simply just being a Mayor of Baghdad. Watch this video of Bill Clinton talking about the threat SADDAM posed in December 1998!

Listen carefully!
rl]

Um, when he said this, you Wingnuts were all out accusing him of launching a "Wag the Dog" attack to distract attention from impeachment hearings.

Which, by the way, he totally did.

I've been to Kuwait, and I saw what he did there in the 90s. I remember all of the damage, talked to the Kuwaitis, saw the oil fires.......you could see them from the space.

I beg to differ.
l]

Guy, I'm not getting weepy over the Emir of Kuwait. That old pervert created his own problem by bankrolling Saddam in the first place. (Along with his buddies, the Saudis).

Nor was i really all that interested in going to war for Oil. I mean, shit, dude, if you are going to go over and fight Exxon's war for them, the least they could do is give you a profit-sharing program.

Here's the bottom line. The Perverted Emir spent billions on his army, and they all threw down their weapons in one day when they faced Saddam's troops.

And 150 of 500 ones Bu sh released.

Henry, are you really a neo-con? Do you really believe the return of Jesus is imminent?

We can't let people like you anywhere near the levers of power in government: we have suffered so much already from folks who think like you.

I will vote Rand Paul if I get the chance.
The current leader of ISIS was released from a detention center in Iraq in 2009 by Barrack Hussein Obama!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-head-ISIS-extremist-army-five-years-ago.html

Last edited:
[

Here's one. From ZIONISTS, no less. and they were the biggest institigators.

Israeli Experts Say Middle East Was Safer With Saddam in Iraq

Jerusalem - Although few tears were shed in Israel over Saddam Hussein’s death last month, a small but growing chorus — including government officials, academics and Iraqi émigrés — is warning that Israel could find itself in more danger with him gone, and that it might even regret having welcomed his toppling.

“If I knew then what I know today, I would not have recommended going to war, because Saddam was far less dangerous than I thought,” said Haifa University political scientist Amatzia Baram, one of Israel’s leading Iraq experts.

Um, no, most of that was horseshit. There was no new weapons material going to Iraq.

Listen carefully!
rl]

Um, when he said this, you Wingnuts were all out accusing him of launching a "Wag the Dog" attack to distract attention from impeachment hearings.

Which, by the way, he totally did.

Is that a book? I think not! Find me a book where the main topic is SADDAM and how SADDAM made the world safer!

Look at it from the perspective of Kuwait. DO YOU THINK KUWAIT WOULD BE SAFER TODAY WITH SADDAM IN POWER? I don't think there is any reasonable or sane person out there that would say yes to that question.

But then again, I suppose there are even people that would say the world would be better off with Hitler in power.

Sorry, but the list of things Saddam did to Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel and is own citizens is so massive and horrifying that there are few people who would attempt to make an argument for SADDAM

As for the collapse of sanctions and the weapons embargo, I NEVER said that any type of weapons material was getting through, only that Saddam now had the means with which to rebuild his military capabilities from the past. There was NOTHING blocking the passage of virtually anything into and out of Iraq by 2003 and that by itself was a THREAT! SADDAM was able to sell over 2 Billion dollars worth of oil on the Black Market in 2001, money that could be reinvested in his military capacity in the coming years as well as bribe others inside and outside Iraq in order to get his way in the international community!

As for Bill Clinton, I supported nearly every military action he engaged in during his time in office.

Last edited:
[
Well, those Israel experts are in the minority and obviously don't remember when their country was being hit by dozens of SCUD Ballistic Missiles launched from Iraq with all of Israel's population huddled in basements with gas masks and other protective gear on.

What I remember was Palestinians cheering when the SCUDs fell. That tells me we shouldn't be involved anywhere near that insanity.

Look at it from the perspective of Kuwait. DO YOU THINK KUWAIT WOULD BE SAFER TODAY WITH SADDAM IN POWER? I don't think there is any reasonable or sane person out there that would say yes to that question.[

Uh, the perverted Emir of Kuwait was the guy who bankrolled Saddam to start with. He gets as much sympathy from me as the Redneck who gets mauled by his own pitbull.

But then again, I suppose there are even people that would say the world would be better off with Hitler in power.

Godwin Alert. Saddam was not Hitler. Not even close.

Sorry, but the list of things Saddam did to Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel and is own citizens is so massive and horrifying that there are few people who would attempt to make an argument for SADDAM

Oh, please.

First, the stuff he did to Iran he did with the full blessing of the US and most of his neighbors. We even provided some of the weapons and intel.

Oh, for those who came in late, Fuck Israel. Truly.

Now for Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, here's the problem with that. When he was attacking Iran, the Kuwaitis and Saudis bankrolled him. In fact, after the war with Iran, these countries called in their loans, and then kept the price of oil low so he couldn't pay them back.

As for the collapse of sanctions and the weapons embargo, I NEVER said that any type of weapons material was getting through, only that Saddam now had the means with which to rebuild his military capabilities from the past. There was NOTHING blocking the passage of virtually anything into and out of Iraq by 2003 and that by itself was a THREAT! SADDAM was able to sell over 2 Billion dollars worth of oil on the Black Market in 2001, money that could be reinvested in his military capacity in the coming years as well as bribe others inside and outside Iraq in order to get his way in the international community!

Do you realize how little 2 billion dollars buys you in military hardware these days? The fact is, Bush was able to get the sanctions back in place by 2003. Everyone who was cheating got on board hoping to avoid a war.

[
As for Bill Clinton, I supported nearly every military action he engaged in during his time in office.

Then you are a complete fucking idiot. Clinton was great at using the military to provide distractions, and he probably made a few problems worse.

I beg to differ.
l]

Guy, I'm not getting weepy over the Emir of Kuwait. That old pervert created his own problem by bankrolling Saddam in the first place. (Along with his buddies, the Saudis).

Nor was i really all that interested in going to war for Oil. I mean, shit, dude, if you are going to go over and fight Exxon's war for them, the least they could do is give you a profit-sharing program.

Here's the bottom line. The Perverted Emir spent billions on his army, and they all threw down their weapons in one day when they faced Saddam's troops.

That's not true. They actually resisted as long as their supplies held out, but were simply overwhelmed given the size and capabilities of SADDAM's forces sent into Kuwait.

The fact of the matter is, you live in an industrialized society that is dependent on energy which primarily means oil, natural gas, coal etc. In addition petroleum is used in making all kinds of consumer products. So besides the energy factor, there is that. The price of food that you consume everyday is dependent on petroleum! Both for shipping it to market and sometimes with the packaging or containers that some food is kept in.

Here is a partial list of the products that are made from petroleum:

Solvents

Diesel fuel

Motor Oil

Bearing Grease

Ink

Floor Wax

Ballpoint Pens

Football Cleats

Upholstery

Sweaters

Boats

Insecticides

Bicycle Tires

Sports Car Bodies

Nail Polish

Fishing lures

Dresses

Tires

Golf Bags

Perfumes

Cassettes

Dishwasher parts

Tool Boxes

Shoe Polish

Motorcycle Helmet

Caulking

Petroleum Jelly

Transparent Tape

CD Player

Faucet Washers

Antiseptics

Clothesline

Curtains

Food Preservatives

Basketballs

Soap

Vitamin Capsules

Antihistamines

Purses

Shoes

Dashboards

Cortisone

Deodorant

Footballs

Putty

Dyes

Panty Hose

Refrigerant

Percolators

Life Jackets

Rubbing Alcohol

Linings

Skis

TV Cabinets

Shag Rugs

Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks

Car Battery Cases

Epoxy

Paint

Mops

Slacks

Insect Repellent

Oil Filters

Umbrellas

Yarn

Fertilizers

Hair Coloring

Roofing

Toilet Seats

Fishing Rods

Lipstick

Denture Adhesive

Linoleum

Ice Cube Trays

Synthetic Rubber

Speakers

Plastic Wood

Electric Blankets

Glycerin

Tennis Rackets

Rubber Cement

Fishing Boots

Dice

Nylon Rope

Candles

Trash Bags

House Paint

Water Pipes

Hand Lotion

Roller Skates

Surf Boards

Shampoo

Wheels

Paint Rollers

Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings

Luggage

Aspirin

Safety Glasses

Antifreeze

Football Helmets

Awnings

Eyeglasses

Clothes

Toothbrushes

Ice Chests

Footballs

Combs

CD's & DVD's

Paint Brushes

Detergents

Vaporizers

Balloons

Sun Glasses

Tents

Heart Valves

Crayons

Parachutes

Telephones

Enamel

Pillows

Dishes

Cameras

Anesthetics

Artificial Turf

Artificial limbs

Bandages

Dentures

Model Cars

Folding Doors

Hair Curlers

Cold cream

Movie film

Soft Contact lenses

Drinking Cups

Fan Belts

Car Enamel

Shaving Cream

Ammonia

Refrigerators

Golf Balls

Toothpaste

Gasoline

Obama was right; Al Qaeda is on the run; all the way to Baghdad; and Damascus; and Tripoli

libs are losers who lie to themselves

[

That's not true. They actually resisted as long as their supplies held out, but were simply overwhelmed given the size and capabilities of SADDAM's forces sent into Kuwait.

Actually, they were a bunch of worthless chickenshits who were unwilling to die for the Emir.

Not that you can blame them. the guy liked to fuck a virgin every week, and engaged in shame marriages.

[
The fact of the matter is, you live in an industrialized society that is dependent on energy which primarily means oil, natural gas, coal etc. In addition petroleum is used in making all kinds of consumer products. So besides the energy factor, there is that. The price of food that you consume everyday is dependent on petroleum! Both for shipping it to market and sometimes with the packaging or containers that some food is kept in.

e

That's a good reason to invest in the R&D to find alternatives, not trying to bully the people who are sitting on top of it to seeing things our way.

it strikes me the only reason why Saddam had you wetting your bed at night was because oil wealth that you've given him allowed him to do things you don't like.

You are kind of like a junkie who is upset when her dealer whores her out.

[

Actually, they were a bunch of worthless chickenshits who were unwilling to die for the Emir.

Not that you can blame them. the guy liked to fuck a virgin every week, and engaged in shame marriages.

[

e

That's a good reason to invest in the R&D to find alternatives, not trying to bully the people who are sitting on top of it to seeing things our way.

it strikes me the only reason why Saddam had you wetting your bed at night was because oil wealth that you've given him allowed him to do things you don't like.

You are kind of like a junkie who is upset when her dealer whores her out.

Oil and its impact on the global economy is a FACT of life. Oil, Petroleum is used by business around the world every day because it is CHEAP and efficient which means its good for BUSINESS.

Business's love and live for profit, and so until something is found that is cheaper and more efficient than oil and petroleum, business will continue to use oil and petroleum for energy and to make products.

Thousands of Kuwaiti citizens died because of Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. Kuwait's military forces were simply not large enough to successfully resist the 4th largest military force in the world at that time. There indeed was heavy fighting, although it did not last long.

Forum List

Back