Decent Denver man being ripped from his wife & kids over archaic immigration policy

Liberals have taught us that business people are liars and cheats. He is probably hiring illegals paying them low wages under the table. He is probably as crooked as they come according to the liberal. Now why would we save such terrible person that owns an evil business that exploits labor?

You don't know that. You're presuming that is what he was doing. Being an illegal I imagine the very last thing he would do is hire an illegal--LOL

Being in a construction business requires a lot of things. 1. The General Contractor is required to send the sub-contractor a 1099 each year. One goes to the IRS the other goes to the sub-contractor. 2. Why would any employer pay someone under the table--when they can write off those wages and payroll taxes? Because if they pay them under the table they are assuming liability back to themselves for required federal income taxes, State taxes, etc. General Contractors will also require certificates of general liability insurance and workman's compensation.

This guy was a "job-site" contractor as stated in the article, meaning he was not working on private individual homes, he was working for General Contractors. I imagine he was probably using a family or friend's social security number for a Federal Tax I.D.--but that still means he was paying taxes.

Mexico is smart enough not to kick out American business people, as they know they are creating jobs for Mexicans. This country obviously hasn't caught onto that concept.

I had my SSI number stolen and taxes filed under my SSI. I got a bill from a state I never stepped foot in claiming I owe taxes for taxes I supposedly filed. It is costing me 1000's to prove I don't owe what the Feds and this state.

So spare me the BS, these illegal immigrants are hurting hard working legal citizens and costing tax payers money out of their own pockets.

Play the stupid game with someone who hasn't had to pay the cost for your illegal friends to be here.

And illegals are the first ones illegals hire, it goes under the table and they pay them nothing. Hell a lot of them don't have licenses to be in construction.

Yeah that happens all of the time. Identity theft. But there is no law regarding business people using (with permission--another's social security number) who may be part of or associated with the business. You can put on as many names as you want to as to who is ultimately responsible for a business. The only thing the IRS cares about is who is responsible for paying the taxes. IOW there is nothing illegal about a business doing that, and it's not identity theft.

You're a fucking idiot, social security numbers are issued to individuals, taxpayer IDs are given to businesses and non-citizens authorized to temporary work in the US.

Look dumbass--I was an electrical contractor working in the State of Colorado for over 30 years. You are required to have a social security number in order to obtain a Federal Tax I.D. number. The Federal tax I.D. number is required so you can make payroll taxes--Social Security/Medicare payments. This is what associates the business to a social security number.

Sol proprietors working by (themselves--no employees) are NOT required to obtain a Federal Tax I.D. they can use their personal social security number to pay their related social security/medicare liabilites along with federal and state income tax liability. In the state of Colorado sol proprietors with no employees, are not required to obtain a workman's comp policy on themselves but they are required to sign a waiver from the building department--they're registered in to obtain the business license, but are still required to obtain a general liability policy in order to obtain the license.

If you have employees a Federal Tax I.D. is required and a social security number will be required in order to obtain that Federal Tax I.D.

Clearly this man had employees--as the article states his "crew"--requiring him to have a Federal Tax I.D. number. Again it is not illegal for another associated with any business for a business to use (with their permission--their social security number) in order to obtain a Federal Tax I.D.
blob:https://www.youtube.com/8d470b12-2459-4d36-b564-7e04f728dabe

So tell me hero, how'd an illegal get a tax ID?

You don't know that. You're presuming that is what he was doing. Being an illegal I imagine the very last thing he would do is hire an illegal--LOL

Being in a construction business requires a lot of things. 1. The General Contractor is required to send the sub-contractor a 1099 each year. One goes to the IRS the other goes to the sub-contractor. 2. Why would any employer pay someone under the table--when they can write off those wages and payroll taxes? Because if they pay them under the table they are assuming liability back to themselves for required federal income taxes, State taxes, etc. General Contractors will also require certificates of general liability insurance and workman's compensation.

This guy was a "job-site" contractor as stated in the article, meaning he was not working on private individual homes, he was working for General Contractors. I imagine he was probably using a family or friend's social security number for a Federal Tax I.D.--but that still means he was paying taxes.

Mexico is smart enough not to kick out American business people, as they know they are creating jobs for Mexicans. This country obviously hasn't caught onto that concept.

I had my SSI number stolen and taxes filed under my SSI. I got a bill from a state I never stepped foot in claiming I owe taxes for taxes I supposedly filed. It is costing me 1000's to prove I don't owe what the Feds and this state.

So spare me the BS, these illegal immigrants are hurting hard working legal citizens and costing tax payers money out of their own pockets.

Play the stupid game with someone who hasn't had to pay the cost for your illegal friends to be here.

And illegals are the first ones illegals hire, it goes under the table and they pay them nothing. Hell a lot of them don't have licenses to be in construction.

Yeah that happens all of the time. Identity theft. But there is no law regarding business people using (with permission--another's social security number) who may be part of or associated with the business. You can put on as many names as you want to as to who is ultimately responsible for a business. The only thing the IRS cares about is who is responsible for paying the taxes. IOW there is nothing illegal about a business doing that, and it's not identity theft.

You're a fucking idiot, social security numbers are issued to individuals, taxpayer IDs are given to businesses and non-citizens authorized to temporary work in the US.

Look dumbass--I was an electrical contractor working in the State of Colorado for over 30 years. You are required to have a social security number in order to obtain a Federal Tax I.D. number. The Federal tax I.D. number is required so you can make payroll taxes--Social Security/Medicare payments. This is what associates the business to a social security number.

Sol proprietors working by (themselves--no employees) are NOT required to obtain a Federal Tax I.D. they can use their personal social security number to pay their related social security/medicare liabilites along with federal and state income tax liability. In the state of Colorado sol proprietors with no employees, are not required to obtain a workman's comp policy on themselves but they are required to sign a waiver from the building department--they're registered in to obtain the business license, but are still required to obtain a general liability policy in order to obtain the license.

If you have employees a Federal Tax I.D. is required and a social security number will be required in order to obtain that Federal Tax I.D.

Clearly this man had employees--as the article states his "crew"--requiring him to have a Federal Tax I.D. number. Again it is not illegal for another associated with any business for a business to use (with their permission--their social security number) in order to obtain a Federal Tax I.D.

All you need to do is scroll up a few posts and read how he did it. The only thing the IRS is concerned about is who is paying the taxes. Therefore, with permission he could have used another's social security number, most likely someone who is associated with his business. There's nothing illegal about that.

He knowingly, willingly and fraudulently used someone else's ID to get his business and contractors license or he really doesn't own a business. The guy is a fraud.

All you need to do is scroll up a few posts and read how he did it. The only thing the IRS is concerned about is who is paying the taxes. Therefore, with permission he could have used another's social security number, most likely someone who is associated with his business. There's nothing illegal about that.

You mean other than fraud? I'll bet he was running an illegal business, they do it all over TX.

He knowingly, willingly and fraudulently used someone else's ID to get his business and contractors license or he really doesn't own a business. The guy is a fraud.

No he didn't. Otherwise he would be charged with identity theft. You sure don't know a lot about business people in this country do you.

We have sub-chapter S corporations--( with several owners and only one social security number is used to obtain a Federal Tax I.D. number.) We have limited partnerships--and only one social security number is required to obtain a Federal tax I.D. number. We have silent parnership's, corporate owner officers, and only one social security number is required to obtain a Federal Tax I.D.

This guy could have used his secretary's or his in-laws social security number (with their authorization) as long as they considered themsleves to be associates of this business--(even in the most limited manner) and everything is perfectly legal. The IRS is only concerned as to whom is responsible for paying the taxes.

Last edited:

No he didn't. Otherwise he would be charged with identity theft. You sure don't know a lot about business people in this country do you.

We have sub-chapter S corporations--( with several owners and only one social security number is used to obtain a Federal Tax I.D. number.) We have limited partnerships--and only one social security number is required to obtain a Federal tax I.D. number. We have silent parnership's, corporate owner officers, and only one social security number is required to obtain a Federal Tax I.D.

This guy could have used his secretary's or his in-laws social security number as long as they considered themsleves to be associates of this business--(even in the most limited manner) and everything is perfectly legal.

So he has partners in the business?

I ran several businesses, so STFU on your silly BS.

Too bad Obama didn't change these "archaic" immigration laws before the Democrats got their teeth kicked in and lost the House, the Senate, the White House, State legislatures, and Governors all over the country. Oh well, at least men can now legally shit and piss in the ladies room!!

"LibProg Snowflakes Try to Whip-Up Public Pity Party Over Illegal Alien Who Was Finally Busted, by Spin-Doctoring thread title as: 'Decent Denver man being ripped from his wife & kids over archaic immigration policy' - Isn't That Sort of Happy Hor$e$hit Coming From These Snowflakes Just Too Funny for Words?"

--------------------

There... thread title all fixed.

--------------------

Next time, Arturo... ASK before you enter or stay-in OUR country.

Had you done so in the first place, you would not be facing such problems, now.

Your problems are of your own making.

Nobody likes to see a sucker (like the American People) wise-up.

Tough.

Fun-Time's over, Illegals.

Last edited:
Too bad Obama didn't change these "archaic" immigration laws before the Democrats got their teeth kicked in and lost the House, the Senate, the White House, State legislatures, and Governors all over the country. Oh well, at least men can now legally shit and piss in the ladies room!!

Yep, it wasn't an issue for the Democrats or Obama while he was in office. Now, the libbie nutters are all of a sudden outraged that it has been corrected in 100 days.

Libs like to whine and cry while they haven't done a thing to lift the poor out of poverty.

U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet has introduced legislation to aid Arturo Hernandez Garcia, who spent nine months living in the basement of a Denver church to avoid deportation and was arrested on Wednesday by immigration officers for removal from the U.S.

“Arturo has been a valued member of our community for nearly two decades,” Bennet said in a written statement. “As a business owner, he has contributed to our economy and has always worked hard to support his family. He should not be a priority for deportation. This is yet another example of this Administration’s misguided immigration policies that do not align with our national priorities and values.”

Colorado immigrant advocates say arrest of Arturo Hernandez Garcia is an affront to sanctuary movement The Colorado Democrat’s office said a private bill for the relief of Hernandez Garcia comes as Bennet has reached out to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and asked for more time in processing his case.

Hernandez Garcia was at work on Wednesday morning when ICE officers detained him unexpectedly. In October 2014, he took refuge in the basement of a Denver church for nine months, returning to his family in July 2015, after ICE sent him letter saying he was no longer an enforcement priority.

“Hernandez Garcia has overstayed his original, six-month visa by nearly 14 years,” ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok said in a written statement Wednesday. “He has exhausted his petitions through the immigration courts and through ICE. He is currently in ICE custody pending his removal.”
Bill introduced to air Arturo Hernandez Garcia

sanctuary-denver-arturo-hernandez-garcia-021.jpg

Also in Denver, Colorado

A Mexican woman seeking to avoid deportation is taking refuge in a Denver church after U.S. immigration authorities denied her request to remain in the country.

Jeanette Vizguerra (vihz-GEHR'-uh) skipped her scheduled check-in with Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials Wednesday in suburban Centennial. About 100 supporters demonstrated outside the building as her attorney, Hans Meyer, and a minister went inside and was told Vizguerra would not get another extension.

Meyer says the mother of four has been trying to get a visa granted to crime victims and the government has typically given extensions during that lengthy process.

ICE says she is an "enforcement priority" because she has two misdemeanor convictions and a judge had issued a deportation order for her in 2011.

Vizguerra vowed to continue her fight for her children's sakes.
https://www.usnews.com/news/colorad...an-goes-to-denver-church-to-avoid-deportation

Have we turned into Nazi Germany? This is ridiculous.

Didn't Trump even say these were the people he wouldn't go after? Saying he's two faced would be an insult to two faced people.

Is Trump doing it or is it ICE doing it because that is their job? The guy has overstayed a work VISA by 14 years. He tried several times to get it extended, he failed, he needs to go home and take his family with him, if they want to go.

They can follow their parents back to Mexico.

They're not going to--we wil be paying to raise them, and without a father they'll end up making great gang members--that we'll probably be paying for to incarcerate when they're older.

Is his wife too stupid to keep the business going? Come on snowflake, tell us how stupid this woman who married an illegal is.

I doubt she lays flooring--and I don't know what her experience is at running a business. But WTF--if she is not capable of running a CONSTRUCTION business or doesn't want to--then she is eligible for every benefit that is available with two kids to raise.

A decision you have no control over dumbass. This will be her decision and her's alone.

Only 3 people out of a 100 have the balls to open up their own business--and she may be part of the 97 that want nothing to do with it. And this country is kicking out a business owner that was actually creating jobs.

That's an incredible message.

If you are a business owner, you are above the law.

If this guy were a citizen and he cheated on his taxes, would you forgive that too ?

Where do you see that he "cheated" on his taxes? People who are in business in this country are required to do certain things to remain in business--meaning they file returns and pay taxes, pay all the requirements for insurance and payroll taxes, etc. etc.

Even Mexico is smart enough not to kick out American business's, because they know that they hire Mexicans and are job creators. Americans haven't caught onto that concept.

Where did I say he cheated.

You don't even read what you are posting against.

You win.....nobody can behave as stupidly as you......1st place.

U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet has introduced legislation to aid Arturo Hernandez Garcia, who spent nine months living in the basement of a Denver church to avoid deportation and was arrested on Wednesday by immigration officers for removal from the U.S.

“Arturo has been a valued member of our community for nearly two decades,” Bennet said in a written statement. “As a business owner, he has contributed to our economy and has always worked hard to support his family. He should not be a priority for deportation. This is yet another example of this Administration’s misguided immigration policies that do not align with our national priorities and values.”

Colorado immigrant advocates say arrest of Arturo Hernandez Garcia is an affront to sanctuary movement The Colorado Democrat’s office said a private bill for the relief of Hernandez Garcia comes as Bennet has reached out to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and asked for more time in processing his case.

Hernandez Garcia was at work on Wednesday morning when ICE officers detained him unexpectedly. In October 2014, he took refuge in the basement of a Denver church for nine months, returning to his family in July 2015, after ICE sent him letter saying he was no longer an enforcement priority.

“Hernandez Garcia has overstayed his original, six-month visa by nearly 14 years,” ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok said in a written statement Wednesday. “He has exhausted his petitions through the immigration courts and through ICE. He is currently in ICE custody pending his removal.”

Also in Denver, Colorado

A Mexican woman seeking to avoid deportation is taking refuge in a Denver church after U.S. immigration authorities denied her request to remain in the country.

Jeanette Vizguerra (vihz-GEHR'-uh) skipped her scheduled check-in with Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials Wednesday in suburban Centennial. About 100 supporters demonstrated outside the building as her attorney, Hans Meyer, and a minister went inside and was told Vizguerra would not get another extension.

Meyer says the mother of four has been trying to get a visa granted to crime victims and the government has typically given extensions during that lengthy process.

ICE says she is an "enforcement priority" because she has two misdemeanor convictions and a judge had issued a deportation order for her in 2011.

https://www.usnews.com/news/colorad...an-goes-to-denver-church-to-avoid-deportation

I just got ripped off by the IRS by some archaic tax laws.

I wonder if there are any sanctuary states out there for tax evaders.

So we are good with illegals committing identity theft, while honest Americans pay thousands of dollars after a fraud is perpetrated against them.

Liberals, help the illegals screw American workers! People like Oreo don't give a damn others as long as they get what they want.

Send the guy back to his country, he is a criminal. Send Oreo with them if he likes them so well.

That is not identity theft dumbass. As long as he had another that agreed to use their social security number (who was more than likely associated with his business) there is nothing illegal about it.

Man you are a dense idiot. Why didn't he use his SSI number instead of someone else's? Because he didn't have one. If he doesn't have a SSI he cannot apply for a tax ID because he is not allowed to. He and his accomplice committed fraud. If it is his business as you and he claim, he has committed fraud. Now, he is not a citizen of this country, he is here fraudulently. We know damn well that he hires illegal immigrants and so he has violated the law again. He is not a decent person, he is a con man. Send him back home. Relieve the legal citizens of the burden on having to deal with this criminal.

I'll go with that first sentence.

Also in Denver, Colorado

Clearly no....they want the money.

Otherwise they would not be so upset with Trump for threatening to take it away.

Also in Denver, Colorado

Clearly no....they want the money.

Otherwise they would not be so upset with Trump for threatening to take it away.

No, no, we appear to be at the dawn of state rights as they defy federal laws.

Surely they would not hypocritically just do this to hide illegal immigrants.

This guy could have used his secretary's or his in-laws social security number as long as they considered themsleves to be associates of this business--(even in the most limited manner) and everything is perfectly legal.

Doubtful that's legal. The courts have been split on whether or not using someone else's ss# and claiming it as their own is illegal. In the examples I found where they ruled it wasn't identity theft it was only because the illegal used a random number and therefore it couldn't be proven they actually knew it was someone else's.

Knowingly using someone else's and claiming it as yours is fraud, plain and simple.

We can't kick you out and separate you from your family if you don't sneak into my country in the first place. Go home take your family with you and apply to come back legally.

Forum List

Back