Debate heats up over proposal to ban gender-based abortions

You don't investigate the motive for an abortion as it is - why should that change?

Not only that, the motive a woman has for an abortion is none of your fucking business, so mind it.

It damn well is my business.

Answer the question: Do you or do you not support gender-specific abortion?

It is NOT your fucking business because it isn't your fucking body, so fuck off out of our lives and let us women make our OWN decisions.

I support abortion, I don't give a shit what reason the woman has for wanting one, and neither should you.

I do give a shit and my opinion matters as much as any in a civilized country with a representative government. Maybe in your prehistoric settlement you have no choice but to yield to tribal customs like women having no say in matters like rape because it is not your business what men do with their bodies, but in the First World the fate of the most innocent and vulnerable members of society is everyone's business.

If it bothers you that some people place value on human life, that's too fucking bad you immoral fucking monster.

The debate over a bill that would ban sex-selective abortions became red-hot Thursday in the run-up to an expected floor vote, as Republicans used the vote to try to shame Democrats who might oppose it.
The proposal would make it a federal crime to carry out an abortion based on the gender of the fetus. The measure takes aim at the aborting of female fetuses, a practice more common to countries such India and China, where there is a strong preference for sons, but which is also thought to take place in the U.S.
The White House and Democratic lawmakers oppose the bill out of concern that it could end up subjecting doctors to strict punishment, suggesting the law would be difficult to follow.
"The administration opposes gender discrimination in all forms, but the end result of this legislation would be to subject doctors to criminal prosecution if they fail to determine the motivations behind a very personal and private decision," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Thursday.

Read more: Debate heats up over proposal to ban gender-based abortions | Fox News

How would one know the reason for the abortion, do women need reason now? I am thinking this bill is just election year solaganeering. Either it is wrong to kill or it is not. I think it wrong and the whole of the industry needs shut down. But this bill smells of political BS which with the democrat leadership we have had for the last 3 1/2 years we need no more.

You don't investigate the motive for an abortion as it is - why should that change?

Not only that, the motive a woman has for an abortion is none of your fucking business, so mind it.

It damn well is my business.

It is NOT your fucking business because it isn't your fucking body, so fuck off out of our lives and let us women make our OWN decisions.

I support abortion, I don't give a shit what reason the woman has for wanting one, and neither should you.

WOW, cold, compasionless and all about me.....yep sounds like a democrat. It's funny how if you want less taxes you're selfish, but if you want to kill your child, you're not? uhhhhhhhhhh liberal logic....er illogic

Of course you can.

No, you cannot. There is no way for you to know if a woman is having an abortion because the fetus is the 'wrong' sex.

Once such a law was passed, the workaround would simply be to have an ultrasound to determine the sex of the fetus,

choose to have the abortion, and then sign an affidavit declaring that the choice to abort was not being made based on the gender of the fetus.

That would shield both doctor and patient.

And create useless records, paperwork, files that would need to be able to be recalled ect.

Still no answer to my question either. What a big surprise....

The entire argument that the government shouldn't control our bodies is mute because the government already does control our bodies by making illegal to kill ourselves, by making us where helmets and seatbelts, mammograms all of that is the government telling us how to live.

I oppose this law, and laws like it, on the same grounds that I oppose hate crime laws...

...it is tantamount to criminalizing thought.

The entire argument that the government shouldn't control our bodies is mute because the government already does control our bodies by making illegal to kill ourselves, by making us where helmets and seatbelts, mammograms all of that is the government telling us how to live.

Ah, but 'the man' can't impose the English language on you! Keep up the gud fight!

I oppose this law, and laws like it, on the same grounds that I oppose hate crime laws...

Do you oppose the distinction between premeditated murder and a crime of passion?

Do you oppose the distinction between premeditated murder and a crime of passion?

Two different measures IMO and not always a point of distinction.

I do not oppose the distinction between premeditated murder and involuntary manslaughter, when premediation can be proven without speculation related to thought.

Gender selective abortion is plainly a war on women. It does not take much to figure that out, if you really want to find the truth.

Gender selective abortion in practice means the aborting of females. And it is done in societies which believe in the superiority of men and the total subservience of women.

Every feminist worth her salt should be outraged by gender selective abortion. If you aren't, you are letting your defense of abortion seriously cloud your judgement and are missing the big picture.

An abortion would not even be performed if the unborn child was not a female. So this is not an abortion issue, this is a WOMEN's issue.

Wake up.

Last edited:
You can make gender abortion illegal, but you can't police it.

The solution is very simple.

All you have to do is prevent the gender of the baby being revealed to the parents until the third trimester.

An unintended consequence of gender selective abortion is currently manifesting itself in China.

The boys are starting to outnumber the girls by a significant margin. As a result, the females are setting high materialistic standards for their potential mates.

:lol:

Gender selective abortion is plainly a war on women. It does not take much to figure that out, if you really want to find the truth.

Gender selective abortion in practice means the aborting of females. And it is done in societies which believe in the superiority of men and the total subservience of women.

Every feminist worth her salt should be outraged by gender selective abortion. If you aren't, you are letting your defense of abortion seriously cloud your judgement and are missing the big picture.

An abortion would not even be performed if the unborn child was not a female. So this is not an abortion issue, this is a WOMEN's issue.

Wake up.

Are all gender selective abortions performed on females? News to me.

IMO, it is no one's business why an abortion happens except for the woman who is currently incubating the fetus.

Wake up.

IMO, it is no one's business why an abortion happens except for the woman who is currently incubating the fetus.

The woman is frequently not the one making the decision. As I said, these are primarily performed in societies where woman are subservient. They are forced to abort their female child.

Your defense of abortion is preventing you from even looking beyond the surface of this issue.

Shameful.

Wake up.

The woman is frequently not the one making the decision. As I said, these are primarily performed in societies where woman are subservient. They are forced to abort their female child.

Your defense of abortion is preventing you from even looking beyond the surface of this issue.

Shameful.

Dude, I think I said somewhere up the thread that if someone is forcing a woman to abort he should be jailed. If it was another thread where I posted that, the same applies.

And shame on you for trying to twist my meaning.

Forum List

Back