Debate heats up over proposal to ban gender-based abortions

Some examples for those foolish enough to believe this is a matter of "choice":

India Woman Forced Into Six Sex-Selection Abortions | LifeNews.com

Sex-selective abortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sex-selective abortion is the practice of terminating a pregnancy based upon the predicted sex of the baby. The selective abortion of female fetuses is most common in areas where cultural norms value male children over female children, especially in parts of People's Republic of China, India, Pakistan, and the Caucasus.

U.S. Report on Combating Gender-Based Violence Fails to Mention Forced Abortions and Sterilizations in China | cnsnews.com
The Obama administration’s new strategy to address gender-based violence worldwide makes no mention of China’s one-child policy, which has resulted in millions of forced abortions involving females, forced sterilizations of women and a male population surplus of at least 32 million.

Nor does it mention India, where an average of 11 million abortions take place each year, or around 900,000 a month. Like China, India also faces a skewed gender ratio with nearly 40 million more males than females as a result of the traditional preference for male children.

Reggie Littlejohn, the founder of Women’s Rights Without Frontiers, said China’s one-child policy “causes more violence against women and girls than any other official policy on earth.”

“It is China’s war on women,” said Littlejohn in a complaint against China to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW) on Aug. 1. “Any discussion of women’s rights, or human rights, would be a charade if forced abortion in China is not front and center,” she said.

Littlejohn’s complaint documents forced abortions, sterilizations and physical abuse of women who have violated China’s one-child policy in recent months. One case, in Linyi City in the Shandong Province, came to light after a photo surfaced of a full-term baby that was forcefully aborted and drowned in a bucket.

Wake up.

Gender selective abortion is plainly a war on women. It does not take much to figure that out, if you really want to find the truth.

Gender selective abortion in practice means the aborting of females. And it is done in societies which believe in the superiority of men and the total subservience of women.

Every feminist worth her salt should be outraged by gender selective abortion. If you aren't, you are letting your defense of abortion seriously cloud your judgement and are missing the big picture.

An abortion would not even be performed if the unborn child was not a female. So this is not an abortion issue, this is a WOMEN's issue.

Wake up.

Are all gender selective abortions performed on females? News to me.

IMO, it is no one's business why an abortion happens except for the woman who is currently incubating the fetus.

Thanks for Clearing that up, You think People should be able to abort Babies for any Reason, anytime.

Nuff said,

You are a disgusting excuse for a Human Being.

Gender selective abortion is plainly a war on women. It does not take much to figure that out, if you really want to find the truth.

Gender selective abortion in practice means the aborting of females. And it is done in societies which believe in the superiority of men and the total subservience of women.

Every feminist worth her salt should be outraged by gender selective abortion. If you aren't, you are letting your defense of abortion seriously cloud your judgement and are missing the big picture.

An abortion would not even be performed if the unborn child was not a female. So this is not an abortion issue, this is a WOMEN's issue.

Wake up.

IMO, it is no one's business why an abortion happens except for the woman who is currently incubating the fetus.

Thanks for Clearing that up, You think People should be able to abort Babies for any Reason, anytime.

Nuff said,

Thank you.

This is why Abortions should ONLy Be allowed 12 weeks or younger because YOU wont know what the sex is because most test on this is 16 weeks and above.. Solves the problem.. Only time it should be past 12 weeks is because the mother or baby will die, Rape or incest.

Whether or not gender based abortions are legal or illegal won't change the certainty that a culture that wants to murder its daughters is possessed of a particular brand of evil. Even if by some miracle gender based abortions were illegal, it would not change the minds of those who believe they should kill the girls. They will still want to kill the girls even if they can't kill the girls right then.

It should be no surprise that cultures that murder their daughters also treat women horribly. In such cultures women are nothing, they should be grateful for their lives. Men live by right, women live by largesse.

It's an emotional thing. Republicans are "thinking" with their emotions or trying to play on the emotions of others.

Why does this surprise you?

It damn well is my business.

Answer the question: Do you or do you not support gender-specific abortion?

It is NOT your fucking business because it isn't your fucking body, so fuck off out of our lives and let us women make our OWN decisions.

I support abortion, I don't give a shit what reason the woman has for wanting one, and neither should you.

I do give a shit and my opinion matters as much as any in a civilized country with a representative government. Maybe in your prehistoric settlement you have no choice but to yield to tribal customs like women having no say in matters like rape because it is not your business what men do with their bodies, but in the First World the fate of the most innocent and vulnerable members of society is everyone's business.

If it bothers you that some people place value on human life, that's too fucking bad you immoral fucking monster.

then i get a say in what you eat and drink, and where you live.

The entire argument that the government shouldn't control our bodies is mute because the government already does control our bodies by making illegal to kill ourselves, by making us where helmets and seatbelts, mammograms all of that is the government telling us how to live.

go kill yourself and watch what happens. I bet you that nobody will stop you

Wake up.

Nuff said,

and you are an anti freedom terrorist.

That makes you - at best - an amoral, callous piece of shit.

Whether or not gender based abortions are legal or illegal won't change the certainty that a culture that wants to murder its daughters is possessed of a particular brand of evil.

So are those individuals who would condone or enable such behavior.

Forum List

Back