Debate heats up over proposal to ban gender-based abortions

You can investigate it like any other crime, you moron.

Investigate every single abortion then? Yeah, so treat every woman like a fucking criminal.

Are you saying women never commit crimes? Only men?

No, I am saying that you cant treat every woman like a criminal and assume that the reason she had an abortion is because the fetus is the 'wrong' sex. You have no way at all to prove why she had the abortion.

You can investigate it like any other crime, you moron.

Investigate every single abortion then? Yeah, so treat every woman like a fucking criminal.

Nope, but it would cut welfare. And all pregnancies should be investigated to make ure the person inside is fully protected since a person begins at conception?

Sex with a pregnant woman would be the same as sexual child abuse.

No, I am saying that you cant treat every woman like a criminal and assume that the reason she had an abortion is because the fetus is the 'wrong' sex. You have no way at all to prove why she had the abortion.

No one proposed treating every woman like a criminal, you dishonest dope. And you CAN investigate the motive behind an abortion, idiot. Now, do you or do you not support gender-specific abortion?

Nope, but it would cut welfare. And all pregnancies should be investigated to make ure the person inside is fully protected since a person begins at conception?

Stop trying to be 'clever.' It's really, really not working for ya.

No one proposed treating every woman like a criminal, you dishonest dope. And you CAN investigate the motive behind an abortion, idiot. Now, do you or do you not support gender-specific abortion?

You don't investigate the motive for an abortion as it is - why should that change?

Not only that, the motive a woman has for an abortion is none of your fucking business, so mind it.

Learn some logic because you suck at this debate thing.

Here's what's already happening up here. Our medical community is very aware that gender based abortions are occurring and 6 major GTA hospitals will not reveal fetal sex during ultrasounds.

While I applaud the disgust at gender based abortion, this law is entirely unenforceable since if we made it illegal then women would simply announce their decision is based on something like economics or the age old... "I just don't want a child right now."

Good luck in "proving" why a woman chose to have an abortion.

This is a wasted debate and it does nothing at all to save the lives of little girls waiting to be born.

Immie

It's funny watching the Republicans trying to place the race and sex card with abortion. Afros and Females are the two most aborted babies. But, Afros are only the most aborted because a female Afro gets pregnant like a million times before drying up.

This is silly, why do cons want to attack a woman's constitutional right, which has been upheld for the last 40 years.I guess I don't understand why the cons think "rights" are a buffet that they can just choose from. You can't claim to not be anti women with arguments like this.

You don't investigate the motive for an abortion as it is - why should that change?

Not only that, the motive a woman has for an abortion is none of your fucking business, so mind it.

It damn well is my business.

Answer the question: Do you or do you not support gender-specific abortion?

Why is it your business?

Why is it your business?

The same reason it is your business if there is a serial killer on the loose, an outbreak of a deadly disease, or a natural disaster in your country, your state, your town, or your neighborhood.

I am a member of society.

"No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee. "

-John Donne

Learn some logic because you suck at this debate thing.

That's really not the track you, of all people, should be going down.

Why is it your business?

The same reason it is your business if there is a serial killer on the loose, an outbreak of a deadly disease, or a natural disaster in your country, your state, your town, or your neighborhood.

I am a member of society.

"No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee. "

-John Donne
Except abortion is not illegal, it's not recognized by our courts as murder and endangers no one. There is no real difference between a woman who seeks an abortion because she doesn't want a child, and a woman who seeks an abortion because she doesn't want a male child.

What the difference is ,is her thoughts behind ending her pregnancy, and making thoughts a crime isnt something we should be doing.

In the USA, gender selection favors _more_ girls. Birth percentages for girls are up slightly since abortion was legalized. Only by a tiny bit, but it certainly shows there's been no movement to abort female fetuses. Prospective adoptive parents more often request girls. And when sex-selection-by-conception is attempted (sperm sorting), it's usually for a girl.

Now, someone might claim those dirty girl-killing foreign immigrants are different, but those dirty foreigners have always been here in some form.

Basically, men have a slight preference for sons, while women have a heavy preference for daughters. More independence for women means more daughters.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back