debate between Trump adviser Corey Lewandowski and a DeSantis backer moderated by Chris Cuomo

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Here’s what I don’t get about DeSantis

He’s hugely popular in FL and widely seen by the MAGA base as the heir-apparent to Trump

He’s young, has $100+ million in the bank, and *just* got re-elected

His term ends 2027 & he’d have nearly 2 full years to run for POTUS in 2028

Why waste all that money, political capital, and goodwill to run and likely lose in 2024? Trump is going to hit him so hard in the primaries that a solid 30%+ of MAGA will probably never support DeSantis again, especially since his polls have rocketed after these indictments

Pence made 1 giant mistake and crossed the base on J6 and now MAGA has crossed him off their list forever - why flirt with that danger? The only way this makes sense is if Paul Ryan, Karl Rove, and the Establishment machine want to use him as a pawn to weaken Trump

Please don’t fall for it Governor

You’re the POTUS in 2028 with the full MAGA machine supporting you

Keep crushing it as Governor and help Trump win in 2024 - You’ll only *grow* your support that way!

FtXPAPQXoAASmFF

Last edited:
I can't answer that. Human beings are an unpredictable breed. Trump seems to be on the crest of a wave, and DeSantis a great VP candidate. And De Santis has a huge career ahead of him on that basis. In my humble opinion.

Here’s what I don’t get about DeSantis

He’s hugely popular in FL and widely seen by the MAGA base as the heir-apparent to Trump

He’s young, has $100+ million in the bank, and *just* got re-elected

His term ends 2027 & he’d have nearly 2 full years to run for POTUS in 2028

Why waste all that money, political capital, and goodwill to run and likely lose in 2024? Trump is going to hit him so hard in the primaries that a solid 30%+ of MAGA will probably never support DeSantis again, especially since his polls have rocketed after these indictments

Pence made 1 giant mistake and crossed the base on J6 and now MAGA has crossed him off their list forever - why flirt with that danger? The only way this makes sense is if Paul Ryan, Karl Rove, and the Establishment machine want to use him as a pawn to weaken Trump

Please don’t fall for it Governor

You’re the POTUS in 2028 with the full MAGA machine supporting you

Keep crushing it as Governor and help Trump win in 2024 - You’ll only *grow* your support that way!

He is running now because I suspect he has more backers from the Establishment that want Trump gone. They figure he has the best chance.

The dichotomy between Trump and Desantis is simple. We hang together (with Trump) or hang separately (with De Santis.)

Forum List

Back