Van Zandt, who said "Exterminate [GOP] cockroaches", weaseled his way out of the draft telling expert panel: "i'm not that crazy about killing people"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
he tells the not crazy about killing people story in his book "Unrequited Infatuations: Odyssey of a Rock and Roll Consigliere (A Cautionary Tale) - A Memoir by Stevie Van Zandt" (at the end of chapter 2)

Last edited:
  • Banned
That's not very nice, little Stevie.
here's the full excerpt from the book:

There was one brief intrusion of reality into my tunnel vision. Like every other guy my age who didnā€™t go to college, I got drafted.
Everybody had a different idea on how to get out of it. None of them appealed to me. I thought for a minute, Maybe Iā€™ll go. But who was I kidding? I couldnā€™t take orders from anybody my whole life. When I got into the draft-board room, I decided to just deal with it.
My anxiety spilled out in a nervous monologue.
I said, ā€œListen, man. I donā€™t really have the brains to bullshit you, you know? I mean Iā€™ve heard of people successfully doing that, but I just canā€™t get into it, man, so youā€™ve got to, you know, like, help me out here. Iā€™m not that crazy about killing people, Iā€™m being honest with you, as opposed to those guys in the other room, who, you know, canā€™t wait. They are looking forward to killing people, and Iā€™ve got to believe thatā€™s the cats you want. And the room is full of ā€™em. I, on the other hand, donā€™t have that thing that just wants to kill people. So youā€™re gonna have to explain this to me.ā€
We were the last group and it had been a long day. The guy from the draft board squinted. ā€œWhaddya mean, son?ā€
ā€œI mean, explain it, sir. Whatā€™s the story with Vietnam? Start there.ā€
ā€œWell,ā€ he says. ā€œItā€™s Communists, boy!ā€
ā€œOK,ā€ I said. ā€œSo whatā€™s a Communist and why are we killing them? And all the way over there?ā€
ā€œWell, a Commie is aā€¦ aā€¦ a dictator and uh, bad people, son. Bad people. And weā€™re fighting him there so he donā€™t come here.ā€
Really?
ā€œIā€™m sorry, sir, but I still donā€™t get it. Theyā€™re coming from Southeast Asia to take over New Jersey? For what? Our tomatoes? I just cannot buy that. They land on Bradley Beach, Iā€™ll be the first one there, but I ainā€™t going halfway around the damn world to shoot people just because you say so. All due respect.ā€
He stared at me for a long time. I figured, Iā€™m going to jail. It wouldnā€™t be the first time. The first time was when the local cops planted marijuana on me to try and get the only freak in town off the streets. Luckily, my parents believed me when it was discovered they had loaded the wrong brand of cigarettes. Soon after that I started smoking weed. I figured if Iā€™m already being punished, I might as well do the crime.
Finallyā€¦
ā€œOK, son.ā€
ā€œCheck those boxes in the right-hand column,ā€ he said, ā€œand Iā€™d better see you on Bradley Beach when the time comes.ā€
I said, ā€œYes, sir, you will, sir.ā€ And that was that.
Maybe he knew I was trouble. Or maybe I was the small fish that got thrown back into the pond.
I didnā€™t have to hide in a college or run away to Canada. I was free to pursue my impossible dream.
But what were the odds of a kid from New Jersey becoming a Rock star? A million to one?
No. Worse.

• Banned
Springsteen's guitar player? Why does his opinion matter in the political forum?
he's calling for genocide of white conservatives. i think it matters

also, he's a political activist, not just a guitar player

• Banned
FTYk2p6WYAMcv_b

he tells the not crazy about killing people story in his book "Unrequited Infatuations: Odyssey of a Rock and Roll Consigliere (A Cautionary Tale) - A Memoir by Stevie Van Zandt" (at the end of chapter 2)

what would one expect ... just look at the weakling ... the guy probably isnt strong enough to twist a bread tie ... he's a poster boy for white male democrats .

Who is Van Zandt, and why should anyone care?

What's that? He's a crazy musician? Well, if you want to obsess about him, we can't stop you. After all, it will give you a persecution orgasm, if that's what you're after.

Who is Van Zandt, and why should anyone care?

What's that? He's a crazy musician? Well, if you want to obsess about him, we can't stop you. After all, it will give you a persecution orgasm, if that's what you're after.
let me guess: you're a liberal who is embarrased by your own team

Sounds like your kind of guy

Sounds like your kind of guy
how so?

elaborate, sir.

my dad died in the lebanese civil war. i grew up without a dad, never saw one beyond my 1st year on earth so i've done my sacrifice

how so?

elaborate, sir.

my dad died in the lebanese civil war. i grew up without a dad, never saw one beyond my 1st year on earth so i've done my sacrifice
A few days ago you implied that your dad was an American soldier

Do you ever tell the truth?

Another stupid Hollywood Leftest asshole who thinks he is an "influncer".
Van Zandt is from New Jersey

he was on The Sopranos, which according to wikipedia, "was primarily filmed at Silvercup Studios in Long Island City in Queens, New York City and on location in New Jersey."

you know what they say in Jersey: "don't upset someone from New Jersey. They're already upset about being from New Jersey"

Forum List

Back