Debate #1 - Hillary proved to be a scripted, status quo politician.

In the very first question she suggested that the US invest in new green technologies.
Someone has to be the leading player in green technologies she said.
Thousands of jobs to be had researching manufacturing and exporting PV panels etc.
Surely that's a no-brainer, if that's what the world wants, then make it and sell it to them.

Of course, his answer was 'Solyndra', which shows that he missed the point entirely, and using tariffs on imports.
Genius!
Or, maybe we could not do that so that the entire idea that "green energy" as a viable alternative to fossil fuels dies out....

"Green energy" will always be just a secondary source of energy.
Yeah... that might work too...ignore what the rest of the world's doing and they'll just drop the whole 'green energy' thing.

It's funny though...the history of US industry is convincing everyone that they need what industry is building and then selling it to them.
"Green Energy" has been dying off for quite some time, but the renewed interest in the US is reviving it again.
But...that's good isn't it?
Creating an industry out of nothing and making money out of it?
Yay Capitalism!!
Private companies are only investing as much into green energy as the federal government is mandating.

That is not capitalism.
Huh?

I didn't watch it, so all I am seeing are the "highlites" or "lowlites" as the case may be.

He could have prepared better. He sucked.

I find it somewhat insulting that he thinks he can suck and still ask for my vote.

So what you just said essentially- "I didn't watch, so I relied on other people to tell me what happen, and based on what people told me, I am insulted" . You, my friend, are a text book definition of a low information, uninformed voter incapable of making up his own mind. Congratulations!

I watched clips. I've probably seen 1/2 the debate in context.

What I saw showed Trump as unprepared, off-topic, pissed (in some cases), and rude.

Do you get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

Hey, you're the guy who said he didn't watch, but rather watched highlites and lowlites. Instead of watching, you relied on others to show you what they thought iwas important. But now you want to say you watched 1/2 of the debate. So fine, change your narrative when you get called out, I couldn't care less. There are a lot of folks like you. You know, people who don't spend the time to become informed on their own. You are the people which political ads are written for....the low information voter.

No doubt it was an interesting debate. What stood out most was Hillary came off as the typical, status quo politician. Trump truly came off as not a politician. Was Hillary smooth and polished? Overall yes. But Trump spoke from the heart, not from the script - he was far more genuine.

Both candidates got good shots in on each other, but where Trump may have made the biggest impact is - you've been doing this 30 years, thus enforcing in people's minds she's a career politician.

is that what your handlers are telling you to say today?

she wiped the floor with him, dearie

Trump was almost Sarah Palin bad when it comes to debating. You must have had your earmuffs on.

Warren.jpg

Hillary is a lying pig, sorry to burst your bubble.

You miss the point.....that does not matter.

Many don't trust her.

She just needs people to trust Donald less.....he really helped her out tonight.

If he focuses on this debate, he's toast.
You didn't even watch the debate.

Trump was composed the entire time despite Hillary being a total asshole to him the entire debate with the moderator helping her.

Hillary did not look like an expert, and the questions didn't really require Trump to be either.
Trump tamed his rhetoric down a bit from his rallies but that's about all. I understand now why he didn't prepare for the debate. He didn't debate. He just made the same old accusations he's been making and when Clinton offered rebuttal, he just made more accusations.

As one commentary said there was no winner but there was a loser, the American people. Instead of explaining their policies and attacking the oppositions policies, they spend most of the debate talking about themselves and attacking their opponent.

Is that a shock to you ?

They are the product of misplaced expectations on the part of the American people.

And they play into that meme.

Hillary and Trump both want to legislate family leave. I am O.K. with that discussion. But I don't believe it is a given yet.

But they talk about it as if they can lift their scepters and it will just happen. Of course, they'll be picking money off of the Obama money tree to pay for it (and yes that is being snarky....I want the conversation to include the hard part about how it gets paid for).

I don't know. I think everyone is aware that it can't happen unless the House is on board. and this House isn't going to be on board. But the discussion is important. And at some point we need to ask why other western countries are better at providing for their people than we are.

Hillary is a lying pig, sorry to burst your bubble.

You miss the point.....that does not matter.

Many don't trust her.

She just needs people to trust Donald less.....he really helped her out tonight.

If he focuses on this debate, he's toast.
You didn't even watch the debate.

Trump was composed the entire time despite Hillary being a total asshole to him the entire debate with the moderator helping her.

Hillary did not look like an expert, and the questions didn't really require Trump to be either.
Trump tamed his rhetoric down a bit from his rallies but that's about all. I understand now why he didn't prepare for the debate. He didn't debate. He just made the same old accusations he's been making and when Clinton offered rebuttal, he just made more accusations.

As one commentary said there was no winner but there was a loser, the American people. Instead of explaining their policies and attacking the oppositions policies, they spend most of the debate talking about themselves and attacking their opponent.

Is that a shock to you ?

They are the product of misplaced expectations on the part of the American people.

And they play into that meme.

Hillary and Trump both want to legislate family leave. I am O.K. with that discussion. But I don't believe it is a given yet.

But they talk about it as if they can lift their scepters and it will just happen. Of course, they'll be picking money off of the Obama money tree to pay for it (and yes that is being snarky....I want the conversation to include the hard part about how it gets paid for).

I don't know. I think everyone is aware that it can't happen unless the House is on board. and this House isn't going to be on board. But the discussion is important. And at some point we need to ask why other western countries are better at providing for their people than we are.

Countries don't provide for their people.....

The countries are the people......assuming we are talking about developed countries.

The discussion should be about how we care for each other.

Do we use government....to enforce some minimal level of expectation....or don't we ?

Maybe they might learn something. Congress gave Reagan the authority to negotiate NAFTA in 1984. The negotiations began under Reagan but most of the negotiations occurred under H.W. Bush. Bill Clinton sighed it into law but had very little to do with the treaty. The agreement was supported by both parties as it is today.

I would think a lot of people would be doing searches on NAFTA. The only thing Trump supporters seem to know about it is what Trump tells them. It certainly is not beneficial to Trump to have his supporters actually researching it. Both Clinton and Trump have said they would like to see changes.
Do you know any Trump supporters, or do you just believe the bullshit, racist caricatures the media constructed?
Yes, I know several including a family member. The one thing they have in common is the only thing they know about the issues is what Trump tells them. If Trump supporters would actually do some research into NAFTA, illegal immigration, and Muslims in the US, Trump would be in big trouble.

It was really like two separate debates. Hillarry was prepared and Trump was, uh Trump. Hillary addressed the issues and Trump uh, was Trump.

Of course, Hillary won the debate, however as one pundit pointed out, Trump supporters hold Trump to a different set of standards than Hillary because he isn't a "professional" politician. Well here's some news for you Trump supporters. The presidency is a political position. In fact, it's the highest political office in the country, and everything a president does is political. The idea of making Trump the president makes about about as much sense as making Hillary the CEO of the Trump Organization.
What issue did Hillary address?

I did nod off on one of her rants, but I doubt that one rant was any better than the others.
In the very first question she suggested that the US invest in new green technologies.
Someone has to be the leading player in green technologies she said.
Thousands of jobs to be had researching manufacturing and exporting PV panels etc.
Surely that's a no-brainer, if that's what the world wants, then make it and sell it to them.

Of course, his answer was 'Solyndra', which shows that he missed the point entirely, and using tariffs on imports.
Genius!
Or, maybe we could not do that so that the entire idea that "green energy" as a viable alternative to fossil fuels dies out....

"Green energy" will always be just a secondary source of energy.
Yeah... that might work too...ignore what the rest of the world's doing and they'll just drop the whole 'green energy' thing.

It's funny though...the history of US industry is convincing everyone that they need what industry is building and then selling it to them.
"Green Energy" has been dying off for quite some time, but the renewed interest in the US is reviving it again.
In the U.S., renewable energy jobs increased 6 percent, while employment in oil and gas decreased 18 percent. Likewise in China, renewable energy employed 3.5 million people, while oil and gas employed 2.6 million. Renewal energy industry is not going away because the major corporations see it as long term growth market.
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com...ob-growth-unique-in-global-energy-sector.html

Maybe they might learn something. Congress gave Reagan the authority to negotiate NAFTA in 1984. The negotiations began under Reagan but most of the negotiations occurred under H.W. Bush. Bill Clinton sighed it into law but had very little to do with the treaty. The agreement was supported by both parties as it is today.

I would think a lot of people would be doing searches on NAFTA. The only thing Trump supporters seem to know about it is what Trump tells them. It certainly is not beneficial to Trump to have his supporters actually researching it. Both Clinton and Trump have said they would like to see changes.
Do you know any Trump supporters, or do you just believe the bullshit, racist caricatures the media constructed?
Yes, I know several including a family member. The one thing they have in common is the only thing they know about the issues is what Trump tells them. If Trump supporters would actually do some research into NAFTA, illegal immigration, and Muslims in the US, Trump would be in big trouble.
If you just research the last 2 items in your list as it concerns Europe you would realize how moronic it is to even oppose Trump on them.

Forum List

Back