Death Wish - The Left Hates It

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
It may do quite well. Hollywood product is sorely lacking fanfares for the common male. Instead, we get crap like "Call Me By Your Name".

Remember when they edited so Greedo shot first, and not Han? Took the guns out of the hands of E.T.-chasing agents and replaced them with phones?

The bastards.

So yea, i'll go see it this weekend or when it opens.

Liberal Critics Loathe Death Wish Remake: ‘Ultra-Right-Wing’ ‘Maleness’ for ‘NRA Crowd’

wasn't a fan of the first one. never a bronson fan really. but anything that pisses off the left more and more people are going to start doing.

all this "ultra-right-wing" maleness is bullshit. the last jedi pretty much casterated men to appease the left so glad to see a movie with some nuts to tell the left to FO.
So film critics pan and an entire political philosophy follows? What kind of logic is that?

It may do quite well. Hollywood product is sorely lacking fanfares for the common male. Instead, we get crap like "Call Me By Your Name".

Remember when they edited so Greedo shot first, and not Han? Took the guns out of the hands of E.T.-chasing agents and replaced them with phones?

The bastards.
If you think films are to promote your sexuality you are sadly mistaken..

The bastards.
If you think films are to promote your sexuality you are sadly mistaken..

My standard male sexuality seems to have zero to do with it.

Modern filmmaking especially in many cases is a tool of behavior modification, to provide window-dressing to concepts - concepts ranging from those merely deviating from the norm to those conjured in the minds of the insane - rendering them slowly more acceptable and thereby unclipping the social underpinnings of civilized society.

What begins as twisted fantasy works its way into reality.

Liberal Critics Loathe Death Wish Remake: ‘Ultra-Right-Wing’ ‘Maleness’ for ‘NRA Crowd’

wasn't a fan of the first one. never a bronson fan really. but anything that pisses off the left more and more people are going to start doing.

all this "ultra-right-wing" maleness is bullshit. the last jedi pretty much casterated men to appease the left so glad to see a movie with some nuts to tell the left to FO.
It's totally wrong for you to go see a movie just to piss off liberals. You know it, too. What in hell is wrong with you? Are you finally giving up the facade of being "fair?" I hope the movie stinks and that they burn your popcorn.

It's totally wrong for you to go see a movie just to piss off liberals. You know it, too. What in hell is wrong with you? Are you finally giving up the facade of being "fair?" I hope the movie stinks and that they burn your popcorn.
how is coming after a movie like they are *fair*? how can you fairly reason with that mindset? open to suggestions over some burnt popcorn.

now - when i was in high school, my brother checked a book out of the library. wanna say catcher in the rye, and a week or so later it was banned and he had to bring it back. when asked why he was not really given a reason just told he couldn't read it. so he gave it back.

and then turned around to go to the public library to get it and bring it to school and read it *in* the library. sure did piss off that librarian but not much she could do about it.

i'll have my extremes, oldlady. i have to think we all do. you do, i do, even extreme people extreme out. but when everything coming out i may actually want to go see is demonized by the left, yea, screw 'em. it only makes people want to do it more. that's human nature, not an assault on fair minded behavior.

i am who i am and we all think we're fair i suppose. if you don't think so great. i'm glad you can take the time to tell me. won't change who i am any more than my telling you how odd you act at times. but i do listen to what you have to say and try to be respectful. i don't often attack unless the claws come out and i respond in kind. and if you chose to go see something like "mr hollands opus" i'd not wish your tea sour and crumpets stale, i'd hope you have a good time in what you like to do whether i liked it or not.

guess that's how we're different. well that and 126,391,183 other ways.

morning and hope you have a good day!

So film critics pan and an entire political philosophy follows? What kind of logic is that?
what kind of logic is it to attack the movie and how it portrays man? tired of being flogged for being an older white male is all.

Yes, "Toxic Masculinity" is a big issue for the Regressives, including those who will be violent at protests.

Which is just delightful in its irony.

The decay continues.
we've been doing this movies ever since there was a hollywood. it's not like this is taking on the screen violence to a new level.

Film appreciation is totally subjective to the subject presented.

People who spent three hours cheering for a cast dominated by blue people in "AVATAR" won't see "Black Panther" simply because it has a cast dominated by black people.

Go figure.

`
The movie(s) "Death Wish" do exemplify the highest moral virtues of the evangelicals. Jesus definitely was into killing and revenge. Yessiree.
`

how is coming after a movie like they are *fair*? how can you fairly reason with that mindset? open to suggestions over some burnt popcorn.

now - when i was in high school, my brother checked a book out of the library. wanna say catcher in the rye, and a week or so later it was banned and he had to bring it back. when asked why he was not really given a reason just told he couldn't read it. so he gave it back.

and then turned around to go to the public library to get it and bring it to school and read it *in* the library. sure did piss off that librarian but not much she could do about it.

i'll have my extremes, oldlady. i have to think we all do. you do, i do, even extreme people extreme out. but when everything coming out i may actually want to go see is demonized by the left, yea, screw 'em. it only makes people want to do it more. that's human nature, not an assault on fair minded behavior.

i am who i am and we all think we're fair i suppose. if you don't think so great. i'm glad you can take the time to tell me. won't change who i am any more than my telling you how odd you act at times. but i do listen to what you have to say and try to be respectful. i don't often attack unless the claws come out and i respond in kind. and if you chose to go see something like "mr hollands opus" i'd not wish your tea sour and crumpets stale, i'd hope you have a good time in what you like to do whether i liked it or not.

Being sensitive this morning, aren't you?
Well, at least you're not pretending anymore.

not at all. just responding in kind. if you try less attacks and more questions you may get answers you can do more with.

Catcher in the Rye is one of my all-time favorite books.

First time I "read" it was when my best friend spent the night at my house when we were in about 7th grade. We stayed up all night taking turns reading it out loud and laughing our asses off. Since then over the years I've reread it many times and ended up owning three paperback copies, each with a different cover design.

I handed down a copy to each of my three sons when I thought they were old enough to appreciate the Salinger classic, and they each yucked it up as I'd told them my friend, now uncle Jim to them, and I did that long ago night.

Why any school would ban it is beyond me.

Catcher in the Rye is one of my all-time favorite books.

First time I "read" it was when my best friend spent the night at my house when we were in about 7th grade. We stayed up all night taking turns reading it out loud and laughing our asses off. Since then over the years I've reread it many times and ended up owning three paperback copies, each with a different cover design.

I handed down a copy to each of my three sons when I thought they were old enough to appreciate the Salinger classic, and they each yucked it up as I'd told them my friend, now uncle Jim to them, and I did that long ago night.

Why any school would ban it is beyond me.
it may have been a different book. i *want* to say that was the one but i'd have to ask my brother to be sure. the point is they did ban a book and in so doing it made my brother take it out of his locker where it sat untouched for a week and he was going to take it back, unread, anyway until he was forced to give it back w/o a good reason why.

human nature is to go after things we're told we cannot have and that's what he did and that trait is what i was calling out here.

I wandered through my sophomore year of high school toting "120 Days of Sodom" and "Justine" by the Marquis De Sade just to piss them off. :laugh:

not at all. just responding in kind. if you try less attacks and more questions you may get answers you can do more with.
There is no thoughtful answer to the post that "I'm gonna go see a movie I won't like to piss off liberals."
So you get what you get.

There is no thoughtful answer to the post that "I'm gonna go see a movie I won't like to piss off liberals."
So you get what you get.
then don't reply.

i've come to find from you there is no middle ground, you're going to bitch at what i say and tell me how horrible i am. i've learned to live with this in my life and my therapist says i shouldn't take it out on my mary poppins dolls like i have been in a voodoo fashion.

maybe you should be less of a judgemental bitch but i don't see that happening so i'll be ok with you there and me here.

have a nice day.

One of Hollywood's better storylines. Hopefully it will bring out some copycat vigilantes, since the professionals seem to have stood down.

Forum List

Back