CDZ Death penalty for terrorists?

childhood exposure to religion as a
"participant"------I did not have it.
so presumably you know nothing that went on but somehow you imagine that Christians will be having a go at Jews in their services rather than teaching about love and so on.

After the war Christians felt dreadful about what had happened to Jews and their long hatred of them. Their teaching changed enormously including trying to relate to different faiths and accepting them as they could see how dreadful could be the reality if this was not done,

so presumably you know nothing that went on but somehow you imagine that Christians will be having a go at Jews in their services rather than teaching about love and so on.
wrong again. As a child I attended sunday schools
and church sessions as a guest. I was also an avid
reader. I attended public school and the local
play-ground. By early adolescence I even had a
a few (very few) muslim friends. Why would you
assume that I did not know what "went on"?

wrong again. As a child I attended sunday schools
and church sessions as a guest. I was also an avid
reader. I attended public school and the local
play-ground. By early adolescence I even had a
a few (very few) muslim friends. Why would you
assume that I did not know what "went on"?
Well that was the impression you were giving here. However as you can see from my next post I realised what you were probably talking about. I have to go out and mow the grass now :)

After the war Christians felt dreadful about what had happened to Jews and their long hatred of them. Their teaching changed enormously including trying to relate to different faiths and accepting them as they could see how dreadful could be the reality if this was not done,
I was born after the war. I did have information
about world war II -----but was surprised at HOW
LITTLE my neighbors knew (other than the few
jews) I don't remember that "felt dreadful"
thing. In my town lots of the people were not at
all interested.

I was born after the war. I did have information
about world war II -----but was surprised at HOW
LITTLE my neighbors knew (other than the few
jews) I don't remember that "felt dreadful"
thing. In my town lots of the people were not at
all interested.
I was born after the war as well. A baby sitter told me when I was about three or four. She said that they were trying to kill all the Jews. Everyone hated them. Obviously I was utterly shocked and asked her why and she became more subdued and said she didn't know but she thought it was possibly because they were money lenders. I think I may have told my parents as I don't remember seeing her again. That conversation told me that grown ups were crazy.

There may not have been particular memorials to the Holocaust then. The word Holocaust snuck in sometime but was not there when I was young and at school. As far as Christianity is concerned, I am not one. Was sent to church as a little one but did not believe it by the time I was eleven but I never remember anyone saying anything negative about Jews or any other people. What I say about work going on to recognise and treat as equal people from other religions is something I have noticed all my life. The horror I felt when that baby sitter told me about it is something I have never forgotten.

no

I am fascinated. I need some topsoil. How did they do it----mile long caravans of camels bearing
huge sacks?
You haven't contributed anything to help define the difference between terrorists and freedom fighters. Which description would define Americans who fought in Iraq?

I'm a Canadian and I'm neither for or against.

If the question arose in Canada I would be for a simple majority of course.
I can't see it happening in Canada. I would imagine in Canada the law is the same for everyone. This law is about military courts giving the death penalty to Palestinians, Jews do not go to the Military courts, It will only be Palestinian Terrorists who they will kill, not Israeli ones and I think that they will only be killing those without a passport, those who apparently belong to no state in the world.

JERUSALEM (JTA) — A bill that would make it easier for an Israeli military court to sentence terrorists to death passed a preliminary Knesset reading.

The legislation sponsored by Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman passed 52-49 in Wednesday’s vote.

Under the measure, a simple majority of judges, two in a panel of three, would be enough to sentence a terrorist to death. The bill also bans leniency after a final death sentence has been handed down.

Currently, a military court can impose the death penalty on a convicted terrorist only if the decision of the panel of judges is unanimous. It has never been employed.

The death penalty has been used in Israel once, in 1962 against Nazi leader Adolf Eichmann.

I can't see it happening in Canada. I would imagine in Canada the law is the same for everyone. This law is about military courts giving the death penalty to Palestinians, Jews do not go to the Military courts, It will only be Palestinian Terrorists who they will kill, not Israeli ones and I think that they will only be killing those without a passport, those who apparently belong to no state in the world.

I would suggest that nobody try to pick a fight with the Zionists. They have far too much power due to pitying them for what happened 80 years ago.

The hope must come from some other front that is fighting to identify the real terrorists. When that fight starts to be won, the Zionist will then stand out as the example of evil.

Could the enemies of Zionism ever be seen as freedom fighters?

That's not possible even though they are working hard on another nuclear energy treaty to prevent a war.

I would suggest that nobody try to pick a fight with the Zionists. They have far too much power due to pitying them for what happened 80 years ago.

The hope must come from some other front that is fighting to identify the real terrorists. When that fight starts to be won, the Zionist will then stand out as the example of evil.

Could the enemies of Zionism ever be seen as freedom fighters?

That's not possible even though they are working hard on another nuclear energy treaty to prevent a war.
I owe you an apology. Much to my surprise Bennet is saying that Jews who engage in terrorism ought to face the same consequences as Palestinians.

Jewish Home chairman Naftali Bennett announced his support on Sunday for the use of administrative detentions, house demolitions and the death penalty for Jews convicted of nationalist crimes.

In an interview with Kalman Liebskind on Galei Israel, Bennett said: "I support the balance between individual rights and freedoms and the protection of Israeli's security and the prevention of these [terror] acts.".....

The other thing would be war crimes and would only be a few people. I don't believe in evil. Everyone can change and of course Israel is only acting as she is because of the support she has from the US Christian Zionists.

I owe you an apology. Much to my surprise Bennet is saying that Jews who engage in terrorism ought to face the same consequences as Palestinians.

The other thing would be war crimes and would only be a few people. I don't believe in evil. Everyone can change and of course Israel is only acting as she is because of the support she has from the US Christian Zionists.
Christian Zionists?
Nobody should be accepting Bennett's words without action to back it up.
Israel's intent is expansion of the Jewish state and that's not going to change. Lethal force is always going to be a part of the plan.

I greatly fear lethal force in the form of a nuclear weapon attack on Israel. Nothing else will do.

It's just a matter of which front created by America's aggression will be the first victims.

Christian Zionists?
American Christian Zionists have been working with Netanyahu since the 2 state solution came up to make sure it does not happen. They also want Israel to take all the land they believe it says in their bible Jews will 'rule over'. Once this is done there will be Armageddon. At this time a very few Jews will recognise that the Christian Zionist's God is the way and they will be saved. All other Jews will die and the Christian Zionists will be enjoying 'rapture.' They actually believe this so they support Israel in not going by the two state solution - in fact they demand she does not. Israeli Jews know that most of them are supposed to die but think they will be able to sort that out. Christian Zionists are a massive part of the American vote. I am not saying they are all extremists - they can lure others in. Abortion was the first thing but they are far right and since Clinton I think US Presidential hopefuls have to make sure they offer them something and look after Israel or they will not get elected. Without this we almost certainly would have seen justice for the Palestinians long ago.
Nobody should be accepting Bennett's words without action to back it up.

true
Israel's intent is expansion of the Jewish state and that's not going to change. Lethal force is always going to be a part of the plan.
Yes as above, This is what the American Christian Zionists also demand of Israel.
I greatly fear lethal force in the form of a nuclear weapon attack on Israel. Nothing else will do.

It's just a matter of which front created by America's aggression will be the first victims.
I don't understand what you are talking about in these two sentences. Want to tell me more?

It is also worth noting that it was work with Netanyahu which began this working together of American Christian Zionists and Israel. Netanyahu's father was secretary to Jabotinsky. He wants to follow the way of Jabotinsky. This is where we get the fascism Israel has been drawn into.

Should the Israeli that murdered the US citizen journalist in the West Bank yesterday be put to death?
That is under investigation. At least wait for a trial before you condemn someone.

I was born after the war as well. A baby sitter told me when I was about three or four. She said that they were trying to kill all the Jews. Everyone hated them. Obviously I was utterly shocked and asked her why and she became more subdued and said she didn't know but she thought it was possibly because they were money lenders. I think I may have told my parents as I don't remember seeing her again. That conversation told me that grown ups were crazy.

There may not have been particular memorials to the Holocaust then. The word Holocaust snuck in sometime but was not there when I was young and at school. As far as Christianity is concerned, I am not one. Was sent to church as a little one but did not believe it by the time I was eleven but I never remember anyone saying anything negative about Jews or any other people. What I say about work going on to recognise and treat as equal people from other religions is something I have noticed all my life. The horror I felt when that baby sitter told me about it is something I have never forgotten.
you had a very strange babysitter-----did your parents know?

That is under investigation. At least wait for a trial before you condemn someone.
you are overly optimistic shoshi and not paying attention to the nature
of the people with whom you are trying to communicate. The words that
included "christian zionists are working with Netanyahu should have
clued you in-------it is standard islamo-nazi propaganda

you had a very strange babysitter-----did your parents know?
I am sorry you do not have the grace to acknowledge it when someone tells you something personal. If you had even read it you would have found I mentioned that I never saw her again assuming I had told my parents. My mother being Irish could not stand any kind of racism and would always show deep concern when the news reported something negative about Israel. These are personal things. That is it finished. I will just say that it is you with serious problems not me.

you are overly optimistic shoshi and not paying attention to the nature
of the people with whom you are trying to communicate. The words that
included "christian zionists are working with Netanyahu should have
clued you in-------it is standard islamo-nazi propaganda
You don't believe that. My God how little you know., Just how to be insulting I think.

Forum List

Back