Dear GOP, "Buying more weapons is NOT "investment"."

investment means to spend money. we are 14.3 trillion in debt, therefore "investing" is a stupid investment.

See. I said Republicans don't know what an "investment" is. That's why they never talk about it or include it in any policy.

They think a "bomb" is an "investment". No wonder they take the economy into the shitter over and over again.

*coughs* $4 million a day being dumped on Libya *coughs* What were you saying about weapons not being an investment?

investment means to spend money. we are 14.3 trillion in debt, therefore "investing" is a stupid investment.

See. I said Republicans don't know what an "investment" is. That's why they never talk about it or include it in any policy.

They think a "bomb" is an "investment". No wonder they take the economy into the shitter over and over again.

*coughs* $4 million a day being dumped on Libya *coughs* What were you saying about weapons not being an investment?

"War is good business. Invest your son."

Yeah I remember that argument from the Statist Libs during Iraq...(And other wars)...why isn't this their battle cry now?

This thread confuses me. If I have $5 and I spend it I have invested $5 in the economy. What I spent that money on is irrelevant, it's still reinvested back into the economy.

Perhaps the OP meant to argue that military spending isn't a GOOD investment? Because there is NO doubt that it is AN investment.

No. I'm pretty sure rdean meant what he said. He doesn't do nuance well.

Be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a box

This thread confuses me. If I have $5 and I spend it I have invested $5 in the economy. What I spent that money on is irrelevant, it's still reinvested back into the economy.

Perhaps the OP meant to argue that military spending isn't a GOOD investment? Because there is NO doubt that it is AN investment.

No. I'm pretty sure rdean meant what he said. He doesn't do nuance well.

Yeah...Deany just thinks that there is no danger to this country...no one out there salivating to take us down, so investing in weaponary is a waste...nevermind the willingness to use it...

THAT, is a whole 'nother thread.

And tics like you think welfare is an "investment."

Can anyone name 2 "investments" by the government that actually produced profit?
There was synfuels and shale oil. Those were busts. Wind power and green jobs were busts.
When gov't talks about "investiing" hold on to your wallet.

The government isn't in the business producing profit. The government IS in the business of providing an environment where people can thrive.

That is exactly what you and your ilk fail to understand...and fail...when your ilk assumes the mantle to governance.

And utterly fail.

No, dumbass, WE wouldn't have homes, TVs, and food. The people who invaded and took over because we had no national defense would have homes, TVs, and food. And slaves. Lots of slaves.

I'm not sure I want to reach a "zero-enemies" status by surrendering to all comers, but perhaps that's just me.

Good plan, Spanky.

So, are you saying that Saddam was coming here to take over America?:lol::lol::lol:

No, Saddam was invading OTHER countries and supporting people who want to take over America. I realize that YOU live in the insular little bubble of your own mind-world, but most of the rest of us don't.

Hmm..a "half-truth" and on outright "un-truth".

Hardly a foundation to build a solid argument on..but carry on.

That never stops you people.

It is an investment.

How does eliminating an individuals power by making them dependent an investment for anything but politicians who want to hold onto their power by weakening the people they were sent to serve?

Buying something is not an investment. A house is an investment because you hope it "appreciates". You invest in research. You invest in infrastructure. Buying toilet paper is not an "investment". Maybe when the company first started it would be. But now, it's just buying something that makes it easier to wipe your ass.

You started off so sensibly, then you jumped the shark. Infrastructure is not an investment. If it was we would not need the government to take care of it, private industry would step up and do it themselves because they would make money off of it. Infrastructure is nothing more than something that makes it easier to deal with the toilet paper after you wipe your ass.

It is an investment.

How does making people dependent upon others an INVESTMENT?

So, are you saying that Saddam was coming here to take over America?:lol::lol::lol:

No, Saddam was invading OTHER countries and supporting people who want to take over America. I realize that YOU live in the insular little bubble of your own mind-world, but most of the rest of us don't.

Hmm..a "half-truth" and on outright "un-truth".

Hardly a foundation to build a solid argument on..but carry on.

That never stops you people.

Right, honey. Saddam Hussein never invaded any other countries. Go tell Kuwait that. And Saddam Hussein never, ever supported terrorists in any way . . . He was a harmless, fluffy little bunny, practically the Gandhi of the Middle East. :cuckoo:

Being accused of "half-truths" and "untruths" by someone who wouldn't know the truth if it crawled up his pants leg. Hmmm. Hardly a foundation for giving a shit . . . but carry on.

Reality never stops you people.

It is an investment.

I'll bet you think loaning money to your brother in law is an investment.

An investment is an expenditure you make because you expect it to earn a return. What is the return on welfare? What is the return on any government social program?

Buying something is not an investment. A house is an investment because you hope it "appreciates". You invest in research. You invest in infrastructure. Buying toilet paper is not an "investment". Maybe when the company first started it would be. But now, it's just buying something that makes it easier to wipe your ass.

You started off so sensibly, then you jumped the shark. Infrastructure is not an investment. If it was we would not need the government to take care of it, private industry would step up and do it themselves because they would make money off of it. Infrastructure is nothing more than something that makes it easier to deal with the toilet paper after you wipe your ass.

Liberals don't understand that "investment" means "spending money with the expectation of making a monetary profit from it", not just "spending money because it makes us feel good". If that were the case, buying a pint of ice cream would be an investment. And sadly, they've dumbed down a lot of other people so that THEY don't know, either.

Forum List

Back