Dear GOP, "Buying more weapons is NOT "investment"."

Republicans haven't mentioned "investment" in any of their policies.
Do Republicans know what "investment" means. One gets the feeling that for Republicans, "investments" mean "spending for fun". We know they want to build more weapons. But what else to Republicans want to "invest" in? How do weapons help the economy? Where are their plans on "revenue"?

Buying weapons means someone has to build them, which means it creates jobs.

That too hard for you to understand?

OK, but you could create jobs building homes, TVs, grow food. Then we would have homes, TVs, and food.

If you build a bomb it just goes kaboom. Then you have nothing but more enemies.

No, dumbass, WE wouldn't have homes, TVs, and food. The people who invaded and took over because we had no national defense would have homes, TVs, and food. And slaves. Lots of slaves.

I'm not sure I want to reach a "zero-enemies" status by surrendering to all comers, but perhaps that's just me.

Good plan, Spanky.

Buying weapons means someone has to build them, which means it creates jobs.

That too hard for you to understand?

OK, but you could create jobs building homes, TVs, grow food. Then we would have homes, TVs, and food.

If you build a bomb it just goes kaboom. Then you have nothing but more enemies.

No, dumbass, WE wouldn't have homes, TVs, and food. The people who invaded and took over because we had no national defense would have homes, TVs, and food. And slaves. Lots of slaves.

I'm not sure I want to reach a "zero-enemies" status by surrendering to all comers, but perhaps that's just me.

Good plan, Spanky.

So, are you saying that Saddam was coming here to take over America?:lol::lol::lol:

This thread confuses me. If I have $5 and I spend it I have invested $5 in the economy. What I spent that money on is irrelevant, it's still reinvested back into the economy.

Perhaps the OP meant to argue that military spending isn't a GOOD investment? Because there is NO doubt that it is AN investment.

Good plan, Spanky.

So, are you saying that Saddam was coming here to take over America?:lol::lol::lol:

No, Saddam was invading OTHER countries and supporting people who want to take over America. I realize that YOU live in the insular little bubble of your own mind-world, but most of the rest of us don't.

Do Republicans know what "investment" means. One gets the feeling that for Republicans, "investments" mean "spending for fun". We know they want to build more weapons. But what else to Republicans want to "invest" in? How do weapons help the economy? Where are their plans on "revenue"?
How many billions of dollars in weapons did obama just sell to Saudia Arabia? Do you honestly think that in any congressional district in this country that is under democrat control would not be pushing for these types of sales both in America and abroad? You didn't think this thread out to clearly before you started it, did you?

Republicans haven't mentioned "investment" in any of their policies. Do Republicans know what "investment" means. One gets the feeling that for Republicans, "investments" mean "spending for fun". We know they want to build more weapons. But what else to Republicans want to "invest" in? How do weapons help the economy?

Liberal Dictionary
=============================================
investment - pissing money down the welfare sewer.

Where are their plans on "revenue"?

If there is one thing American doesn't need, it's sending more of our hard earned dollars to Washington.

That's the thing about the defense industry..it's a dead end trade. While there is a need for it..it really shouldn't be as big as it is. They produce items, that if used, creates a huge money pit..and if not used..rots.

There's no real good outcome except for the fat cats.

You are forgetting the fact that not being invaded or attacked by hostile foreign powers is a "good outcome."

The numbers for the English economy came out this morning. Growth was 0.5%. Last quarter, it was -0.5%.

Their conservatives cut, but forgot about "investing". Oops.

In the last few months, they've let go hundreds of thousands of people. Can't wait for the numbers from the next quarter.

Conservatives don't understand you can't get "growth" from "cutting". You have to "invest" and increase "revenue". Two things none of their policies even address. No wonder everything they touch fails. Still waiting from previous threads a single successful "something". Breaking something is NOT considered "success". You have to do something good in their. Hey, how's that medicare thing working out? Double "oops".

Government doesn't "invest." It pisses money down the toilet. Anyone who thinks it does is simply an imbecile or a tic on the ass of society.

investment means to spend money. we are 14.3 trillion in debt, therefore "investing" is a stupid investment.

So Republicans are saying that building more weapons IS investing in the economy?

Hmmmm.

Hey doofus!

Did you ever notice when the Great Depression ended? It was because of WWII and all that "investment" in weapons putting Americans back to work.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He belives someone is cutting into his welfare check money.

This thread confuses me. If I have $5 and I spend it I have invested $5 in the economy. What I spent that money on is irrelevant, it's still reinvested back into the economy.

Perhaps the OP meant to argue that military spending isn't a GOOD investment? Because there is NO doubt that it is AN investment.

Buying something is not an investment. A house is an investment because you hope it "appreciates". You invest in research. You invest in infrastructure. Buying toilet paper is not an "investment". Maybe when the company first started it would be. But now, it's just buying something that makes it easier to wipe your ass.

investment means to spend money. we are 14.3 trillion in debt, therefore "investing" is a stupid investment.

See. I said Republicans don't know what an "investment" is. That's why they never talk about it or include it in any policy.

They think a "bomb" is an "investment". No wonder they take the economy into the shitter over and over again.

Buying something is not an investment. A house is an investment because you hope it "appreciates". You invest in research. You invest in infrastructure. Buying toilet paper is not an "investment". Maybe when the company first started it would be. But now, it's just buying something that makes it easier to wipe your ass.

Buying weapons is an investment in our security...which is the primary purpose of Gubmint deany...it ain't to pay YOU welfare.

They have no choice. They have to fight all the Nobel Peace Prize winners wars.

See. I said Republicans don't know what an "investment" is. That's why they never talk about it or include it in any policy.

They think a "bomb" is an "investment". No wonder they take the economy into the shitter over and over again.

It's quite obvious that you do not remember the party that has controlled congress the most for the past sixty years or so. Is an nvestment the Dept of Education? The public school system? LBJ's Great Society? Which is it? Where are all the defense contractors located at? Are they only in states where republicans have control? Keep on digging.:lol:

so you think investment does not involve spending money. Man, you really did fall out of the stupid tree.

Forum List

Back