Dear Faithful American

It really doesn't matter if they were innocent - they still shouldn't have been treated this way. The fact is, we don't know they were innocent - and guess what? In this country, and I would assume in the new democratic Iraq, the standard is that the government has to prove you're guilty, not the other way around.

acludem

So Saddam clears out the prisons, the foreign jihadis converge on Iraq, the Baathist and Saddam regime remnants are all running amok in Iraq. That's an awful lot of criminals on the loose.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I don't know that all of those prisoners in the many photos are innocent, but the news agencies were reporting that some 80% of the prisoners in Abu Graib were innocent.

Anyone that speculates that '80% of the prisoners are innocent' has their head up their ass. How in the hell can anyone come up with a number like that?

What news agencies reported this? Links?

Originally posted by acludem
Anytime we compare ourselves to terrorists something is wrong. We can't use their behavior to justify or temper our responsibility for our own. To do so would be to lower ourselves to their standards of morality, something I am loathe to see Americans do.

Agreed...consider my statement on Berg withdrawn.

-Douglas

I hear you all say one thing and say another..Did you all see what I seen what was going over there? Four nonmilitary men hanging from a bridge? and that poor guy getting his head cut off in front of the T.V? My god people wake up!!! All we did is just had them lay there nake and took pictures. OH MY GOD..my god strike us down. how bad is that? for me i totally agree with gaffer....
:clap: :clap: and for them to be innocent...Prove that they are for right now (to me) they aren't..they shot at the men and women over there so they aren't innocent..What I think we should do it bomb the hell out of Iraq (first bring the troops home) and make it a parking lot. with a Mickey D's in the middle for the troops to get something to eat while they go off and bomb more of iraq..but that's just me..:cof:

Following up on Jmarie's post:

via http://doctor-horsefeathers.com/

June 09, 2004
THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME

“It is now clear that we are facing an implacable enemy whose avowed objective is world domination by whatever means and at whatever cost. There are no rules in such a game. Hitherto acceptable norms of human conduct do not apply. If the United States is to survive, longstanding concepts of ‘fair-play’ must be reconsidered. We must develop effective espionage and counterespionage services and must learn to subvert, sabotage and destroy our enemies by more clever, more sophisticated and more effective methods than those used against us. It may become necessary that the American people be made acquainted with, understand and support this fundamentally repugnant philosophy.”---From a report on the CIA prepared by General James Doolittle for President Eisenhower in September 1954:

Mortal enemies are mortal enemies.

This prison thing needs to be put to bed. Arrests have been made,court martials have been held (and there are more to come), changes have been made to correct the problem and investigations are ongoing. It's the only horse left for the libs to whip and they will probably continue to whip it until they can come up with a new way to try to discredit Bush. IT"S OVER !

Originally posted by Kathianne
Following up on Jmarie's post:

via http://doctor-horsefeathers.com/

June 09, 2004
THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME

“It is now clear that we are facing an implacable enemy whose avowed objective is world domination by whatever means and at whatever cost. There are no rules in such a game. Hitherto acceptable norms of human conduct do not apply. If the United States is to survive, longstanding concepts of ‘fair-play’ must be reconsidered. We must develop effective espionage and counterespionage services and must learn to subvert, sabotage and destroy our enemies by more clever, more sophisticated and more effective methods than those used against us. It may become necessary that the American people be made acquainted with, understand and support this fundamentally repugnant philosophy.”---From a report on the CIA prepared by General James Doolittle for President Eisenhower in September 1954:

Mortal enemies are mortal enemies.

MY GOD how long have I been saying this same thing? Even liberal muslims I know here say the same thing I say, you have to kill all these terrorists, kill them faster than they can multiply, this notion that for every 1 that we kill 10 sprout up every time is a farce, its a liberal catch phrase meant to dishearten.

We cannot win this war playing by 1 set of rules and the enemy another, as you can plainly se that works in their advantage as they sit back and say "look at the silly Americans squabbling amongst theirselves over some little bitty torture. We need to shake this stupid puritan holier than thou enemy crap we shroud ourselves in and get muddy, get downright dirty and kick some ass, strike some fear into these idiots.

Originally posted by OCA
MY GOD how long have I been saying this same thing? Even liberal muslims I know here say the same thing I say, you have to kill all these terrorists, kill them faster than they can multiply, this notion that for every 1 that we kill 10 sprout up every time is a farce, its a liberal catch phrase meant to dishearten.

We cannot win this war playing by 1 set of rules and the enemy another, as you can plainly se that works in their advantage as they sit back and say "look at the silly Americans squabbling amongst theirselves over some little bitty torture. We need to shake this stupid puritan holier than thou enemy crap we shroud ourselves in and get muddy, get downright dirty and kick some ass, strike some fear into these idiots.

AMEN I don't think i could have put it any better..:clap:

Originally posted by OCA
We need to shake this stupid puritan holier than thou enemy crap we shroud ourselves in and get muddy, get downright dirty and kick some ass, strike some fear into these idiots.

How do you instill fear in people willing to blow themselves up fo their God?

Not instigating, just questioning...

Originally posted by OCA

We cannot win this war playing by 1 set of rules and the enemy another, as you can plainly se that works in their advantage as they sit back and say "look at the silly Americans squabbling amongst theirselves over some little bitty torture.

Agreed, as to playing by by two sets of rules.
However, we are the U.S. We need to play by the RIGHT rules.
Typically, our enemies are playing by a different set of rules, ex. Hitler.

Fuck there rules, but we don't need to stoop to their level...

Fuck there rules, but we don't need to stoop to their level... [/B][/QUOTE]

No we don't need to stoop to their level but we do need to show them who's boss..i think for every one American they kill we need to kill a hundred of theirs..How much does it cost for one bullet? and how much is it costing us to keep them in locked up? I'm going for the bullet is cheaper :2guns: :firing: Shot them all..:D

Originally posted by Jmarie
No we don't need to stoop to their level but we do need to show them who's boss..i think for every one American they kill we need to kill a hundred of theirs..How much does it cost for one bullet? and how much is it costing us to keep them in locked up? I'm going for the bullet is cheaper :2guns: :firing: Shot them all..:D

It's not about killing people. It's about preventing further terrorism. That's the best way to avenge our fallen Comrades.

To me that's the best way..if we just sit here and do nothing they are going to keep it up..so why not show them who we are and what we can do? My God we are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..

Originally posted by nycflasher

Surround towns and villages and say we are giving you 24 hrs to either gather posessions or give us info to the whereabouts to ALL bad guys and weapons or the town is laid to waste by howitzers. All innocents would be let go but anybody with so much as a knife on them would be arrested. Think people won't give up info when faced with being a homeless, shirtless refugee? Enter the town or village and if 41 sniper shot is fired from a building level it. Generally rampage through the country like a fucking blitzkreig(albeit not the scorched earth German style) and quit worrying like a bunch of pussies about innocent civilian deaths and worrying about friggin mosques and holy cities. Worked for Patton in WWII it can work here. This could be achieved in days not months.

Quit bitching about the torture and let the military do its job, free all people accused of torture and hang the assholes who took and posted the pics by their balls.

What do you mean by that?

I mean that as long as the enemy is allowed to use techniques which are highly successful on the battlefield as well as psychologically here at home and we continue to fight by this mythic noble code bullshit we will never prevail. Shit I say torture do whatever you got to do to get information. They are holed up in a mosque? Level that fucker! If you got to level a town or village fucking do it! Better them than us, you know what i'm saying? Shit nobody bitched when we carpet bombed Hitler's munition factories in Dresden in WWII and boatloads of innocents died in that, but you know what? The political leadership had the foresight to see that it would save American lives and be a HUGE step to ending the war as early as possible and really that is the goal, right?

Now nobody go nuts and say that OCA is advocating raping women and killing children, that would be a stretch of epic proportions as well as a troll.

Discredit their faith i suppose.

Forum List

Back