Dear Faithful American

Originally posted by nbdysfu
The atom bombings spurred the emperor to address the public for surrender against the wishes of the ruling militarists, who claimed to do their work in the name of the emporer. The militarists made an attempt to silence the messenger but it didn't work. Once civilians heard the emporer's message, there was no way for them to maintain legitmacy.

Get their religion to discredit them, as those who wrote about the damnation of the warrior pope ensured the end of the papal state's ambitions for power. Ordinary people in the arab world need to turn on them and show disdain rather than sympathy, and eventually it will stop.
Yeah, you're right. I knew I had something wrong with the whole ruling party thing. Really makes no difference to the argument though.

The problem is how to make their religion discredit them. Technically speaking, Islam is a very pacifist religion. These radicals take Islam, twist it with their crazy ideas, and, in essence, create their own religion. Making their religion discredit them would be about as hard as getting Osama on our side.

As far as getting the "ordinary people in the arab world" to turn on them, that is a major step in the right direction. I am convinced that there are PLENTY of "ordinary people" over there in Iraq that know plenty about the location and doings of terrorists or soon-to-be's...only they don't say anything because they are too afraid. I mean, I can understand the fear. If I had some sort of mafia ring running out of my basement, with threats coming out every day, I'd sure as hell be scared to do anything but appease. However, when the safety of others becomes an issue (not to mention the well-being of an entire nation), I think it would be time to suck it up and take whatever consequences come for the better cause. I guess when the ordinary individual gets over the terror that terrorists cause, then we will see progress. In the meantime, we do what we can, even if casualties exist.

-Douglas

According to what I've heard from friends in the Army and Marines (and the miiltary lawyers who've been crowing over the miiltary ignoring the law and precedent over the last three years), they're using similar methods that the NYPD used in the late 90's. In NYC,they started rounding up all the black men and other minorities they could in certain areas of the city. This was obstentibly to reduce crime, grab all the possible suspects after a crime, etc etc. While it was reasonably successful in reducing crime and helping catch some of the bad guys, it was horribly humuilating to black men to be rounded up on basis of skin color. It also helped cause a poisonious atmosphere between the police and that part of the community. (was it worth it? perhaps i can't really call it)
Now it appears from what my MP buddies say that this is happening in Iraq. Again, it is effective, but at what cost. The MP's, as well as the NYPD, would privately admit that a majority of these guys are innocent, but in the grand scheme of things, they were all suspects and potential criminals (or in this case, terrorists, but hey folks, rape and other crimes are out of control in iraq because of the lack of a real authority on the streets).

And by the way, the Arab world was enraged by those photos. Sexual humuliation is about as bad as it goes in the Arab culture. Remember that, ARAB. Arabs and Muslims are two greatly different kinds of people. But it was still not a good PR boost for US efforts in Iraq and in the Mideast.

Originally posted by OCA
Surround towns and villages and say we are giving you 24 hrs to either gather posessions or give us info to the whereabouts to ALL bad guys and weapons or the town is laid to waste by howitzers. All innocents would be let go but anybody with so much as a knife on them would be arrested. Think people won't give up info when faced with being a homeless, shirtless refugee? Enter the town or village and if 41 sniper shot is fired from a building level it. Generally rampage through the country like a fucking blitzkreig(albeit not the scorched earth German style) and quit worrying like a bunch of pussies about innocent civilian deaths and worrying about friggin mosques and holy cities. Worked for Patton in WWII it can work here. This could be achieved in days not months.

Quit bitching about the torture and let the military do its job, free all people accused of torture and hang the assholes who took and posted the pics by their balls.

I like your way of thinking!!! :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by OCA
I mean that as long as the enemy is allowed to use techniques which are highly successful on the battlefield as well as psychologically here at home and we continue to fight by this mythic noble code bullshit we will never prevail. Shit I say torture do whatever you got to do to get information. They are holed up in a mosque? Level that fucker! If you got to level a town or village fucking do it! Better them than us, you know what i'm saying? Shit nobody bitched when we carpet bombed Hitler's munition factories in Dresden in WWII and boatloads of innocents died in that, but you know what? The political leadership had the foresight to see that it would save American lives and be a HUGE step to ending the war as early as possible and really that is the goal, right?
:hail: :bow2: :clap:

Originally posted by jsAmerican
OCA-
Do you not realize how leveling mosques would hurt us? Our leaders understand that the populace and the world is scrutinizing our every move. The US has a reputation in most circles for fairness, civility, and strength. We do not need to demolisn mosques to defeat these people. We use all resources at our disposal. Isolate the enemy politically and defeat him militarily.

And if the armed insurgents are using the mosque to attack from? You show a lack of the understanding of basic war. Worrying about what others think is exactly whats gotten us into the mess that we are currently in militarily.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Everything must be done to avoid bombing a place of worship.
Just as in the U.S.

Right?

I expect if I was firing from the organ bay window of the local Methodist church that the enemy would level it. Nothing is off limits except maybe hospitals, that is unless there is enemy fire coming from the hospital.

Originally posted by OCA
And if the armed insurgents are using the mosque to attack from? You show a lack of the understanding of basic war. Worrying about what others think is exactly whats gotten us into the mess that we are currently in militarily.

YOu are absolutly right OCA ! I don't think that they cared about what we were thinking when they hung deceased Americans from a bridge ! Screw what they think and eye for an eye baby !!

Originally posted by Sandy73
YOu are absolutly right OCA ! I don't think that they cared about what we were thinking when they hung deceased Americans from a bridge ! Screw what they think and eye for an eye baby !!

I am so turned on by you right now!:p:

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Didnt say it was realistic but if you get them doubting their faith and the justness of their cause they will be fearful.

Although I think we could do it by continuing to affirm our beliefs. They will come before the judgement bar of God like everyone else and have to face the consequences.

This is unrealistic and this comes straight from the mouths of liberal muslims right here in America. Listen these guys are willing to blow themselves and others up for Allah, haven't met many Baptists who endorse that. You simply cannot win hearts and minds.

Avatar I thouight you knew this, was I wrong?

Forum List

Back