Dear Faithful American

Originally posted by nycflasher
How do you instill fear in people willing to blow themselves up fo their God?
It's interesting how this same problem was occuring toward the end of WWII in the pacific, where the Japanese were willing to do the same thing (perhaps more for honor than a God). We didn't win by scaring them with the a-bomb. They were already unafraid of death. That's why the kamikazes. That's why Okinawa was so bad. That's why an assault on Japan itself would have been so horrible. The difference, however, between the Japanese and these terrorists, is that the Japanese, with such an intense idea of honor, respected their leaders to the end. The ruling party saw that victory for them was impossible, and so it surrendered...and with the order, the fighting ended. The terrorists have no strong respect and honor for any leaders. They are loyal to their fundamentalist ideas, and as such, they act for themselves, independently. It's harder to kill the snake if there is no head to cut off. Just remember, it's not impossible...and I feel we are on the right track. It's just gonna take a while.

-Douglas

The definition of torture seems to be the question. Is pain torture? The degree of pain? Its all an intellectual debate. I hope that all is being done short of some extreme. extreme- dismemberment, gross and extreme pain. Physchologocial "torture" would have the same effect.

Originally posted by Shazbot
The difference, however, between the Japanese and these terrorists, is that the Japanese, with such an intense idea of honor, respected their leaders to the end. The ruling party saw that victory for them was impossible, and so it surrendered...and with the order, the fighting ended.
-Douglas

The atom bombings spurred the emperor to address the public for surrender against the wishes of the ruling militarists, who claimed to do their work in the name of the emporer. The militarists made an attempt to silence the messenger but it didn't work. Once civilians heard the emporer's message, there was no way for them to maintain legitmacy.

Get their religion to discredit them, as those who wrote about the damnation of the warrior pope ensured the end of the papal state's ambitions for power. Ordinary people in the arab world need to turn on them and show disdain rather than sympathy, and eventually it will stop.

Originally posted by OCA
Quit bitching about the torture and let the military do its job, free all people accused of torture and hang the assholes who took and posted the pics by their balls.

I'm not bitching anbout torture, you ass-monkey!

:cof:

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Discredit their faith i suppose.

I'm laughing, Avatar.
Because I'm picturing:

You: Islam is is a sick, twisted religion.
Them: Hum-de-la...All glory to Allah. Die bitch!(I have no idea how to say that in Arabic, farci, etc.)

[KA-BOOM]:blowup:

Try again, please.
Or explain.

OCA-
Do you not realize how leveling mosques would hurt us? Our leaders understand that the populace and the world is scrutinizing our every move. The US has a reputation in most circles for fairness, civility, and strength. We do not need to demolisn mosques to defeat these people. We use all resources at our disposal. Isolate the enemy politically and defeat him militarily.

Originally posted by jsAmerican
OCA-
Do you not realize how leveling mosques would hurt us? Our leaders understand that the populace and the world is scrutinizing our every move. The US has a reputation in most circles for fairness, civility, and strength. We do not need to demolisn mosques to defeat these people. We use all resources at our disposal. Isolate the enemy politically and defeat him militarily.

Everything must be done to avoid bombing a place of worship.
Just as in the U.S.

Right?

Unless of course it has dual function as a weapons depot.

Dual function Mosques are I assume the norm in the heavy battle zones of Fallujha, etc.

Use mostly Iraqis to attack a Mosque, not level it.

Great idea.
Indeed.
If we have to attack a weapons depot, hidden within a mosque, my only real concern would be to make sure that there aren't civilian worshippers oblivious to this. I dunno if that's possible though. Tough call.

I mean do we just assume everyone knows it's a weapon's depot and/or not care if they do...because the bottom line is attacking the weapons depot and hopefully those that bear arms against us?

Seems to me the Marines have been giving days, even more to call attention to these sites. They try to get the worshippers to make the baddies get. Mostly they've been successful.

I'm laughing, Avatar.
Because I'm picturing:

You: Islam is is a sick, twisted religion.
Them: Hum-de-la...All glory to Allah. Die bitch!(I have no idea how to say that in Arabic, farci, etc.)

[KA-BOOM]:blowup:

Try again, please.
Or explain.

Didnt say it was realistic but if you get them doubting their faith and the justness of their cause they will be fearful.

Although I think we could do it by continuing to affirm our beliefs. They will come before the judgement bar of God like everyone else and have to face the consequences.

OCA-

Well said.

Everything must be done to avoid bombing a place of worship.
Just as in the U.S.

Right?

I think we can fight insurgents who descrate holy sites without leveling the site. I think that was his point.

How do you instill fear in people willing to blow themselves up fo their God?
Put womens panties on their heads? ;)

Well it certainly did shake everyone up, especially the media.

Originally posted by Hannitized
Put womens panties on their heads? ;)

Well it certainly did shake everyone up, especially the media.

Okay, this is wierd, I didn't write that last line, LOL, but I agree with it!!

Forum List

Back