Dear Faithful American

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by nycflasher, Jun 9, 2004.

1. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, all. I just got this email from another site I subscribe to. I've never heard of faithfulamerica.org, but I do like their idea. Regardless of your feelings on the emphasis placed on the Abu incidents, don't you think that this ad (www.faithfulamerica.org/AdClip.htm) is a good idea? Check it out and let me know what you think.

I can't view the ad with sound because I'm at work, but it appears to be along the lines of what I would expect based on the description given.

-James

Dear Faithful American,

The torture scandal continues to grow, and with it the outrage of the Arab world. As our leaders continue to blame a few rogue soldiers, a cycle of mutual suspicion and dehumanization between the Arab world and the United States deepens.

We need to send a message directly from the people of the United States , to the people of Iraq and the Arab world, telling them that, as Americans, we stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them in demanding justice for these sinful abuses committed in our name.

To do this, we’ve filmed a television ad with Christian, Jewish and Muslim faith leaders to be broadcast on Arabic-language television in the Middle East. You can view the ad using the link below. If you feel the message expresses what is in your heart, let the world know by endorsing the ad. You can even donate to help put it on the air.

www.faithfulamerica.org/AdClip.htm

As the number of endorsers grows, we will add that figure to the end of the ad. The more people who endorse the message, the more effective it will be. Please send this e-mail to anyone you think might want to get involved.

Blessings,

The FaithfulAmerica.org Team

P.S. Thanks to Medea Benjamin and Michael Schellenberger for bringing us this powerful idea.

FaithfulAmerica.org is an online community of people of faith who want to build a more just and compassionate nation. Join us! www.faithfulamerica.org

2. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    What a bunch of trash. I want to see the insurrgents appologizing for the things they did. Then kiss a pig to show they mean it. I think the soldiers that did that deserve medals. Those prisoners should all be striped naked put in cells with women guards and a pig in every cell. And lots and lots of dogs.

The arabs send a film of Berg being beheaded and these turkeys want to send a film of a bunch of wimps appologizing.

Enough with this liberal appeasement bullshit.

3. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Um, I think the point of this ad is to unite people.
    What's wrong with that?
    People should know that we are about fighting terror, not inflicting it.

I don't see how you can argue with that message.
    And if you really feel that way about the rights of PEOPLE YOU DO NOT KNOW AND WHO HAVE NOT SCENE THE INSIDE OF A COURTHOUSE, shame on you.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Whats wrong with it is its based on a fallacy that the Arab world is upset. Quite the opposite they cant figure out why this is such a big deal to the Americans.

5. Shazbot

Shazbot Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'll second that.

-Douglas

6. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    source?

7. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Such an uninformed statement, Avatar.
    Yeah, I'm sure Arabs are not upset. :rolleyes:
    Just like Americans are not upset about the Berg decapitation. :rolleyes:

"There is anger in the Arab world about some of our actions, but that is no excuse for any silence on the part of any Arab leader for this kind of murder," Powell said. "This kind of murder is unacceptable in anyone's religion, in anybody's political system that is a political system based on any kind of understanding and respect for human rights."

source-FoxNews

8. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22

:clap:

9. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    No thoughts of your own?
    I see that you too are aginst unity...

10. Shazbot

Shazbot Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The point is not that anger and upset does not exist in the arab world over the issue which the media has so blatantly labeled "The Prisoner Abuse Scandal." I have no doubt in my mind that many arabs are upset over what has happened. However, the anger and upset which does exist is far less than many Americans play it out to be. Hell, one could almost believe that as a result of this one incident, all Iraqis are totally outraged and want to expel all of our soldiers from their country. I don't beleive that scenario exists at all. I'm sure that plenty of Iraqis didn't even care much in the first place (they were prisoners after all), and many others were satisfied as the investigations/punishments were underway. I'm not against unity or anything, but let's not blow this out of proportion.

-Douglas