Dear "Conservatives"....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6bmEv2-rFA]President Bush's speech on the financial crisis 9/24/08 (1) - YouTube[/ame]

The crash was ushered in by Bush BEFORE Obama was elected.

No matter what you lying clowns do you cant rewrite that history

That is what Mitt would do to the country again.

Just look at his stances.

he backs failed economic policy just like Bush did.

when was the last time a campaign won on "im not as bad as the other guy".

see this is why your party is failing.

Bush was so bad you guys are not even interested in him campaigning for Mitt or anyone.

Obama made things better while your party fought to fuck everything he did up.

Now you want to blame Obama for what Bush did and the republicans actions to fuck everything up.

Obama did not run on Bush is fucked.

The whole world already knew Bush fucked everything up.

You are so stupid, you make stupid look smart.

Obama did not run on McCain being "Four more years of GWB" ?

Obama is not running on his record. Or please tell me he is. That would be a gift from heaven.

...if you support the Massachusetts liberal known as Mitt Romney you are not a conservative, you are just a Republican that will support whatever bag of shit they send you.

At least the Paul people have the balls to support a losing candidate that truly ebndorses their beliefs.

Sign in below....

False dichotomy.

How so?

You assume that only thing that matters is ideological purity. People vote for candidates for many reasons.

And yet more people had jobs during the Bush administration than during the Obama administration.

Funny how that works.

Obama ran on hope and change.
He hasn't changed anything.
He said if he got elected he would not use the credit card. He used the credit card to the tune of 5 trillion.
And who's party is failing? Dem's have left the party in droves.

I can handle an incremental shift in policy. A Romney administration would be more Conservative than the present cluster fuck.
Show me a true (sane) Conservative candidate that has a chance of actually taking the majority of the votes and I'll jump behind him.
Interestingly, under present circumstances, let's suppose Paul runs as an independent and wins 60 electoral votes, Obama wins 250 and Romney wins 228. Guess who would be sworn in on January 20, 2013?

Again, you would sacrifice a degree of principle for a degree of expediency....

Yes, I would. Voting my principles is not always the wisest action. A 10% candidate, though he may be my preference will not get my vote because that would seal the victory for my least favorite candidate.
I am a Conservative. I want a more Conservative government. I will vote for the candidate (with a chance of winning) that most closely reflects my principles rather than effectively throwing my valuable vote away on "principles" and assuring a Progressive victory and 4 more years of obama.
Would I like to see a very Conservative Constitutionalist as President? Of Course. Ain't gonna happen this year. I'll take "less Liberal" over "more Liberal" or "bat shit crazy" any day.

And yet more people had jobs during the Bush administration than during the Obama administration.

Funny how that works.

:eusa_shhh:
they don't want to hear that..

Thier convoluted minds would rather stay with the premise that it's Bushs' fault...Obama is sure going to use it.

...if you support the Massachusetts liberal known as Mitt Romney you are not a conservative

Whoops....someone is telling what you are and what you are not. I figured I knew what I was...I guess I should ask GTH if I am a man or a woman.

If I support Romney, I am a conservative supporting Romney...no need to read any more into than that.

...you are just a Republican that will support whatever bag of shit they send you.

That would be democrats and Kerry in 2004.

Romney, believe it or not actually has some real world experience with regards to the economy and business. Now, don't get me wrong....we don't elect dictators.....we also elect a congress....but our financial situation is a mess and everyone knows there is some pain coming. If I believe Romney can get it done better than Obama, then I am there.

That simple.

Pro Choice...I am not planning on getting an abortion any time soon and I don't think Roe gets overturned anytime soon.....so I could almost care less.

...At least the Paul people have the balls to support a losing candidate that truly ebndorses their beliefs.

We can discuss this with them in the unemployent line if they get the current Moron-In-Charge reelected.

Sign in below....
[/QUOTE]

You keep whining about this threads content, but you keep participating.

So are you playing or not?

Interestingly, under present circumstances, let's suppose Paul runs as an independent and wins 60 electoral votes, Obama wins 250 and Romney wins 228.

Dude, Perot won 0 electoral devotes, despite getting 19% of the popular vote.

How would the ~2-3% of the popular vote Ron Paul might pick up as an independent candidate deliver him any electoral votes, much less 60?

Did you see the word "suppose" I offered a hypothetical; kind of a worst case scenario.

Oh really?

Are we in a depression like Bush said we would be in?

Bush is irrelevant now.

The question is are we in a thriving economy like Obama said we would under his leadership?

The answer is, of course, no.

Hoover and FDR prolonged the 1929 Depression for 12 years because of their constant meddling. And despite the fact that this recession is being prolonged because of constant government meddling, you dont see the correlation.

yeah sure, if you say so

Moving on.......

Is Mitt Romney a conservative?

Please define conservative.

I've never put much stock in the term myself. I call myself one because I figure if there was a definition it would be closer to what I am than "moderate".

If you are a self described moderate, why are you up in arms about someone challenging conservative bona fides?

Obviously this doesn't pertain to you.

Oh really?

Bush is irrelevant now.

The question is are we in a thriving economy like Obama said we would under his leadership?

Hoover and FDR prolonged the 1929 Depression for 12 years because of their constant meddling. And despite the fact that this recession is being prolonged because of constant government meddling, you dont see the correlation.

The simple truth is that GWB was no conservative (and many of us knew that going in). It was surprising to find out just how conservative he wasn't.

The dems ran against four more years of GWB and gave us....four more years of GWB....even many of them say that....now they want.....another four more years of GWB.

Oh really?

Bush is irrelevant now.

People as TDM would rather repeat history rather than learn from it...maybe this time Progressivism/Statism will work? :eusa_whistle::eusa_shhh:

Moving on.......

Is Mitt Romney a conservative?

Please define conservative.

I've never put much stock in the term myself. I call myself one because I figure if there was a definition it would be closer to what I am than "moderate".

If you are a self described moderate, why are you up in arms about someone challenging conservative bona fides?

Obviously this doesn't pertain to you.

You asked a question.

I can't answer without knowing the definition of conservative.

Do I get it or don't I ?

Forum List

Back