De-pressed

So who is the Tea Party? Why they are a bunch of people that believe our government should operate according to the US Constitution.

25 years ago those people would be considered patriots. Today, the left considers them extremists.

All I know about the Tea Party is what I've heard at the rallies I've attended. ( I was there as a photographer, not an advocate.) The speakers don't want to pay taxes and don't seem to realize that the government can't function without funding.

They want to cut any help for common citizens while ignoring the taxpayer perks enjoyed by the big money people. They say they want to cut the budget and wage more war.

They call Obama a fascist and a communist interchangeably.

This is an example of creating ideology without the benefit of factual information.

An example of our dumbed down population; how many know what happens to the Social Security taxes that are not needed to pay the current retirees?

Mostly I hear people say they are in worthless IOU's.

How can you have a free press when institutions like NPR receive federal funds.... Bought and paid for. I believe 6% of their revenues are tax payer funded, if you took that away what would they cut???

So who is the Tea Party? Why they are a bunch of people that believe our government should operate according to the US Constitution.

25 years ago those people would be considered patriots. Today, the left considers them extremists.

All I know about the Tea Party is what I've heard at the rallies I've attended. ( I was there as a photographer, not an advocate.) The speakers don't want to pay taxes and don't seem to realize that the government can't function without funding.

They want to cut any help for common citizens while ignoring the taxpayer perks enjoyed by the big money people. They say they want to cut the budget and wage more war.

This is an example of creating ideology without the benefit of factual information.

An example of our dumbed down population; how many know what happens to the Social Security taxes that are not needed to pay the current retirees?

I take issue with your comment about benefit of factual information. For instance, DumBama was supported by the US Communist Party both elections. In fact, he was supported by world dictators for his reelection.

The US Constitution lists what Congress is supposed to provide for it's citizens. This is what the TP party people are talking about. Take a look for yourself. You won't find Cash for Clunkers or bailing out car companies a responsibility of our government. Nor will you find the dozens of social programs we now provide.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Now whether you agree with Madison or not, you have to ask yourself, had we adhered to his words, would we be 18 trillion dollars in debt today?

How can you have a free press when institutions like NPR receive federal funds.... Bought and paid for. I believe 6% of their revenues are tax payer funded, if you took that away what would they cut???

This is true, and so is NPR. And HTF did Media Matters get tax exemptions when they are a leftist propaganda organization?

Hmmmm. Not the Tea Party rallies I went to. Most want change, most wanted freedom and less taxation. They called for government to be fiscally responsible.

You are a member of the press? Might explain your distorted view.

This is true, and so is NPR. And HTF did Media Matters get tax exemptions when they are a leftist propaganda organization?

Media Matters is a not for profit organization. I am not sure if it is a 501c. But to use their non-profit status to promote liberalism is pretty suspect.

The right never had a problem with NPR until they documented some of Fox's lies. Fox went into attack mode, and the right wing followed their marching orders.

A lot of talk about how we need a free press for a democracy to function. That is all well and good but the pathetically biased media we have to day is not because of some vaunted agenda that the secrete masters in the media want to push - it is because the people WANT biased media. They gobble that shit up as though it is pure gold. Actual news gets ignored and any company trying to stay as objective as possible is plowed out of business or dropped into obscurity.

What a functioning democracy requires is an interested electorate. No amount of media coverage or honesty will make up for the fact that Americans simply do not care or pay attention to their government and willfully abuse the shit out of the responsibility that comes with voting. It is rather despicable.

A lot of talk about how we need a free press for a democracy to function. That is all well and good but the pathetically biased media we have to day is not because of some vaunted agenda that the secrete masters in the media want to push - it is because the people WANT biased media. They gobble that shit up as though it is pure gold. Actual news gets ignored and any company trying to stay as objective as possible is plowed out of business or dropped into obscurity.

What a functioning democracy requires is an interested electorate. No amount of media coverage or honesty will make up for the fact that Americans simply do not care or pay attention to their government and willfully abuse the shit out of the responsibility that comes with voting. It is rather despicable.

In contrast to what people think, the media is not there as a social obligation to us. Media is there for the same reason any company exists--to make profit.

Some have found profit by leaning left while the more successful outlets found profit by leaning to the right. They don't cover stories that we really need to know about such as these local police shootings or Trayvon Martin, they cover these stories because they mostly involve race and race stories sell.

The more people that tune into your channel, the more people that write e-mail, the more people buy your paper, the more people that visit your news site, the more profit your company makes.

The right never had a problem with NPR until they documented some of Fox's lies. Fox went into attack mode, and the right wing followed their marching orders.

Sure, they had no problem until then.

I would love to see the outrage by the left if we ended up with an all Republican government and they funded Fox or AM radio with Rush and a host of others. We would never hear the and of it from day one.

I would love to see the outrage by the left if we ended up with an all Republican government and they funded Fox or AM radio with Rush and a host of others. We would never hear the and of it from day one.

Fox and AM radio exist to further the GOP line and attack all their enemies. NPR might lean one direction or the other at times, but their credibility is intact. Fox never had any integrity.

Fox and AM radio exist to further the GOP line and attack all their enemies. NPR might lean one direction or the other at times, but their credibility is intact. Fox never had any integrity.

Their credibility is just fine which is why they have number one shows across America.

NPR being government funded was acceptable when we had television sets with rabbit ears on them, or if you were lucky, an antenna on the roof. That was a time before cell phones, cable, satellite and internet.

In the last 15 years or so, that funding was no longer necessary. Kids don't sit in front of their television sets counting with Big Bird. That's the way their grandparents learned.

NPR is a darling of the left so it is still being funded by the government. Since left radio and television stand little chance on a level playing field with right outlets, they have to be subsidized by our tax dollars to make it fair.

In contrast to what people think, the media is not there as a social obligation to us. Media is there for the same reason any company exists--to make profit.

Some have found profit by leaning left while the more successful outlets found profit by leaning to the right. They don't cover stories that we really need to know about such as these local police shootings or Trayvon Martin, they cover these stories because they mostly involve race and race stories sell.

The more people that tune into your channel, the more people that write e-mail, the more people buy your paper, the more people that visit your news site, the more profit your company makes.
Bingo.

People keep saying how they want an objective news source and then they tell those companies what they actually want when they buy the product that does not even resemble news anymore. It is a lot easier to point at the media company though rather than pointing at yourself.

Their credibility is just fine which is why they have number one shows across America.

NPR being government funded was acceptable when we had television sets with rabbit ears on them, or if you were lucky, an antenna on the roof. That was a time before cell phones, cable, satellite and internet.

In the last 15 years or so, that funding was no longer necessary. Kids don't sit in front of their television sets counting with Big Bird. That's the way their grandparents learned.

NPR is a darling of the left so it is still being funded by the government. Since left radio and television stand little chance on a level playing field with right outlets, they have to be subsidized by our tax dollars to make it fair.

Fox is a leading network for cable. They rarely have a third or less the amount of viewers that real networks have. Odd that PBS was never seen as right leaning until they hurt Fox's feelings. I guess when fox tells right wingers what to think, it works.

Fox is a leading network for cable. They rarely have a third or less the amount of viewers that real networks have. Odd that PBS was never seen as right leaning until they hurt Fox's feelings. I guess when fox tells right wingers what to think, it works.
"Real networks."

Perhaps you might want to back that up as well.

If they can't handle CNBC Putin is going to brutalize their sorry ass...
The GOP says Torture is cool its A OK but they draw the line at the brutality of CNBC ...woo hoo

Ah yes, that old wives tale: Fox and Limbaugh tell everybody what to think.

Did you ever ask yourself why you think Fox and Limbaugh tells their audience what to think? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT LEFTIST POLITICIANS TOLD YOU TO THINK!

Nobody is more programmed than the left. That's why you all have the same exact answers to any question. Even when we explain how the answers make no sense, you keep repeating them over and over.

NPR went left just as all those "real networks" as you call them. And yes, because of their access, they do have much larger audiences than Fox or any other cable network. But you guys complain constantly about Fox and AM radio is if you're being treated unfairly somehow. So yes, NPR and PBS being funded by our government is plain wrong. It saves no purpose but to the left.

Forum List

Back