DC’s City Council Slashed Police Funding. Now, Its Members Want More Cops as Shootings Plague City

You mean that Maryland has the same levels of poverty as DC.

Crime is a function of poverty, not race. When you cross that Key Bridge, I'll bet income levels go up better than 4-fold too.
The average (or mean) household income in Los Angeles is $106,931.00.

With a crime rate of 32 per one thousand residents, Los Angeles has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 31.

I've learned that DC is a very whacko place when it comes to crime and policing. They apparently have a complicated system where police can arrest you and charge you with a crime, but they then have to file paperwork with the Justice Department for prosecution, who then may or may not even bother to prosecute the case. So as a result, the vast majority of charges are never prosecuted, which has given rise to a practice called "no papering". Basically, the cops don't even bother to send the paperwork over, and they internally make the decision to dispose of the charges.

The paradoxical effect of all of this is that the police are empowered to engage in widespread corruption and abuses. The police don't operate in order to enforce the law. They operate in order to enforce what they deem to be right or desirable. They use the power of arrest not as a law enforcement procedure that leads to prosecution, but for the instantaneous intimidation effects. And they use no-papering as a shield to insulate themselves from scrutiny for widespread constitutional violations.

It's all a slopfest.

Yes more cops is an answer but ultimately the real solution to shootings requires something else.

It requires treating criminals like criminals. Criminals, dopeheads and nutballs need to be treated like what they are.

If someone goes out and knowingly, willingly and intentionally kills someone else they should be executed. No appeals, no nuthouse, no death row, just straight to execution. And no news coverage, just a brief statement "so and so was found guilty of murder and sentenced to be executed". And it should be on the federal level, none of that state nonsense, it should be across the board for all of America.

3 strikes for felons. Your third felony should be execution of exile from America. First felony they do jail time and have pinky finger cut off, 2nd felony is jail time and the other pinky, 3rd is they can choose death or be kicked out of the country.

Rapists and pedophiles should be executed as well.

Do that for a few years and you'll see crime drop way down.

You mean that Maryland has the same levels of poverty as DC.

Crime is a function of poverty, not race. When you cross that Key Bridge, I'll bet income levels go up better than 4-fold too.

That's just a lie commies want everyone to believe. Crime is a function of a lack of morals and character. My father's family grew up a poor as it gets and with 8 siblings and a father who was sick for years and died when all were young, to my knowledge, not one was ever arrested. Of the 9 children, most grew up to lead middle class lives with families and 3 died multimillionaires. Also today the poor in the US has a better quality of life than probably 90% of the rest of the world. So take your commie propaganda and shove it.

Forum List

Back