DC Detective Brings Gun to Snowball Fight. . .

JenyEliza

Princess of Rhetoric
Nov 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA, USA
The Associated Press: Video: D.C. officer draws gun at snowball fight

WASHINGTON (AP) — Washington D.C. police are investigating after Internet videos showed a detective waving his gun during a mass snowball fight on a city street.

Police said Monday they were looking into reports that the plainclothes officer pulled a gun after he and his personal car were hit by snowballs. Police say witness accounts and videos from the scene appeared to support the claims.

Hundreds of people were gathered for the snowball fight during Saturday's record snowstorm.

A video posted on YouTube showed the officer waving and pointing a gun as he walks toward the snowballers. Another video shows what appears to be the same man telling people he is a detective and that he pulled his gun because he was hit by snowballs.

Discuss.

The Associated Press: Video: D.C. officer draws gun at snowball fight

WASHINGTON (AP) — Washington D.C. police are investigating after Internet videos showed a detective waving his gun during a mass snowball fight on a city street.

Police said Monday they were looking into reports that the plainclothes officer pulled a gun after he and his personal car were hit by snowballs. Police say witness accounts and videos from the scene appeared to support the claims.

Hundreds of people were gathered for the snowball fight during Saturday's record snowstorm.

A video posted on YouTube showed the officer waving and pointing a gun as he walks toward the snowballers. Another video shows what appears to be the same man telling people he is a detective and that he pulled his gun because he was hit by snowballs.
Discuss.

I heard that Frosty the Snowman got tazed.

Well they got rid of dodge ball, my guess is this cop was trying to get rid of snowball fighting. You know the child that gets hit by a snowball, has his self-esteem lowered. We need to protect against that.

Next on the agenda, getting rid of kickball. We can never let Little Tommy be picked last!

Seriously though, it was a rogue cop that was mad he got hit by a snowball and pulled his gun to scare the little punks. He was on a power trip and actions should be taken. I don't think kicking him off the force fits this crime, but something.

I'd feel like shootin' the pricks if they pelted me and my car with snowballs too!

I'll wait for the rest of the story before commenting on this.

In this day and age, pulling a gun on someone is rather frightening event. Especially for children.

Getting your car pelted by snowballs would piss anyone off, but that doesn't give YOU the right to, in essences threaten, someone else's life with deadly force!

Never bring a snowball to a gun fight. You don't have a sn...... chance in Hell of winning.

The cop should have gotten out of the car and pelted the ballers with snow balls. He'd have gotten his anger out and had fun in the process.

The cop should have gotten out of the car and pelted the ballers with snow balls. He'd have gotten his anger out and had fun in the process.

Yep! Instead, he's caught on film drawing his service weapon on unarmed snowball throwers. :lol:

He could lose his job--and possibly even his freedom for this boneheaded act.

What a dipshit. He's like Barney Fife with a gun and a bullet! :cuckoo:

Gosh, up here where I live all the detectives bring guns with them where ever they go... What's so unusual about that? I saw on the tv where he had his gun drawn. He's a big boy and I'm sure he knows how to handle it. And your point is?????

Yep! Instead, he's caught on film drawing his service weapon on unarmed snowball throwers. :lol:

He could lose his job--and possibly even his freedom for this boneheaded act.

What a dipshit. He's like Barney Fife with a gun and a bullet! :cuckoo:

Ditto.
I didn't hear anything about a threat of death or serious bodily harm to himself or another, which is the only justification for drawing a weapon. Unless there is something the news story is leaving out which would change that, the guy needs to get retired real fast. Drawing a gun in a big crowd is a sure way to get someone killed.

Gosh, up here where I live all the detectives bring guns with them where ever they go... What's so unusual about that? I saw on the tv where he had his gun drawn. He's a big boy and I'm sure he knows how to handle it. And your point is?????

So you're saying its OK to draw your service weapon on a bunch of kids throwing snowballs?

WOW! :cuckoo:

Glad Altanta doesn't get much in the way of snow. Wouldn't want MY kids shot when they go out to throw snowballs. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

So you're saying its OK to draw your service weapon on a bunch of kids throwing snowballs?

WOW! :cuckoo:

Glad Altanta doesn't get much in the way of snow. Wouldn't want MY kids shot when they go out to throw snowballs. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

You let your kids throw snowballs at police cars?

Even hitting a cop with snowballs can technically be considered assaulting a police officer, even a plain closed one, (This is a FYI statement). That said I will wait to get all the facts before I comment on said officers' response in this circumstance.

he pointed it at kids who were threw a snow ball at him....

Not sure I have a problem with him drawing his weapon. Bulky coats of the kids could easily hide a gun. Pointing it? That is where I could have a problem. At his point we don't know details, so a little early to get self righteous.

Many states require a police officer to carry a gun at all times. Interesting that many here have called this an over reaction to the threat, when they are basically doing the same.

Forum List

Back