DC Detective Brings Gun to Snowball Fight. . .

Not sure I have a problem with him drawing his weapon. Bulky coats of the kids could easily hide a gun. Pointing it? That is where I could have a problem. At his point we don't know details, so a little early to get self righteous.

Yeah we do.

It was caught on VIDEO. By SEVERAL PEOPLE.

Search You Tube. It's there.

Many states require a police officer to carry a gun at all times. Interesting that many here have called this an over reaction to the threat, when they are basically doing the same.

Not so, my friend. You Tube.

The proof is there, grasshopper!

Gosh, up here where I live all the detectives bring guns with them where ever they go... What's so unusual about that? I saw on the tv where he had his gun drawn. He's a big boy and I'm sure he knows how to handle it. And your point is?????

he pointed it at kids who were threw a snow ball at him....

Yep.

And it's all on video.

No wiggle-room for him at all.

None.

The footage I saw earlier today showed an officer with his gun by his side. Apparently that was the second officer, who was responding to a man with a gun call. Looks like the Police Chief has a problem with the officer's actions. He mentioned a 25 year career with no incidents like this. I have done security work before. When it is you against twenty or more people, it takes a great deal of restraint to keep things low key. The good ones can.

The footage I saw earlier today showed an officer with his gun by his side. Apparently that was the second officer, who was responding to a man with a gun call. Looks like the Police Chief has a problem with the officer's actions. He mentioned a 25 year career with no incidents like this. I have done security work before. When it is you against twenty or more people, it takes a great deal of restraint to keep things low key. The good ones can.

I can understand an officer being prepared to draw on a crowd of angry people.

That's not what this was.

This was a bunch of kids enjoying the first 2 feet of snow they'd seen in a couple of years.

They were throwing SNOWBALLS. Not quite rocks, sticks, bottles or molotov cocktails, ya know?

Yes, this man's boss has a problem.

This man has a problem. He should be removed from the force at a maximum. Or put on desk duty and retrained at minimum.

Either way, big time consequences for his actions are in order.

I can pack a snowball hard enough to injure someone. The kids could have respected the police officer more too. Where he crossed the line was pointing it at people.

I can pack a snowball hard enough to injure someone. The kids could have respected the police officer more too. Where he crossed the line was pointing it at people.

Go look at the footage.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMrhiBwF4MU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMrhiBwF4MU[/ame]
I dont see anything that would warrant an officer drawing his weapon. No one even appeared very rowdy.

Go look at the footage.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMrhiBwF4MU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMrhiBwF4MU[/ame]
I dont see anything that would warrant an officer drawing his weapon. No one even appeared very rowdy.

A crowd causes an unsafe condition and then assaults a police officer with snowballs, he was justified having his weapon out, I saw him nailed in the head with one in the beginning of the video, the other cops should have taken the trouble makers and gave them an old fashioned baton shampoo.

Go look at the footage.
[

A crowd causes an unsafe condition and then assaults a police officer with snowballs, he was justified having his weapon out, I saw him nailed in the head with one in the beginning of the video, the other cops should have taken the trouble makers and gave them an old fashioned baton shampoo.

:cuckoo:

I saw him nailed in the head with one in the beginning of the video, the other cops should have taken the trouble makers and gave them an old fashioned baton shampoo.

My dad always told me "you're a big boy, always do whatever the cops tell you they're not gonna want to wrestle with your butt they'll just shoot you. Especially the chicks"

Someplace in there he had a point. Maybe in the near future cops will get something slightly better than a taser to painfully but non-lethally fire into a crowd to disperse them.

My lord. From the day we first got thrown off the McDonald's parking lot while cruising I learned not to mess with police. These men risk their lives every day to protect suburbans from the rest of humanity then are abandoned whenever something questionable happens.

Cop stood down for pulling gun at snowball fight | Herald Sun

A POLICE officer accused of pulling a gun during a mass snowball fight on the streets of Washington DC has been removed from normal duty pending an investigation.

Footage from several video cameras at the scene of the weekend snowball fight in downtown Washington appear to show the police officer pulling a gun from his holster and brandishing it in the air, The Australian reports.

After denying a weapon was involved in the incident, Washington police later issued a statement saying that images and statements did appear to support claims the police officer drew a gun after he and his car were hit by snowballs.

After the unnamed police officer is seen pulling the gun, one of the videos carries commentary from a young man who says: “Do not shoot anyone over snowballs, please. I'm telling you, that is not a fun plan.”

The crowd starts chanting, “Don't bring a gun to a snowball fight.”

Another police officer at the scene appears to challenge one of the snowball fighters, saying “throw another snowball”.

One man tells a police officer they do not feel safe. The officer replies: “You go back to your snowball fight, alright?”

The Washington Post quoted DC Assistant chief Pete Newsham saying that a police officer would not be justified in drawing his pistol if an investigation found that he did so after being pelted with snowballs.

“We have to see what the entire circumstance was, but just a snowball fight, not in my mind,” he said. “That doesn't seem a situation where we would pull out a service weapon.”

710248-detective-baylor.jpg

Does this look like a COP? Or a thug?

Hmmmm? How would anyone even know if this guy was for real a cop, if he hopped out of his personal vehicle waiving around his pistol like that?

Noose? Anyone? Got some pat answers?

Yeah. Didn't fuckin think so. :rolleyes:

I'd feel like shootin' the pricks if they pelted me and my car with snowballs too!

I'll wait for the rest of the story before commenting on this.

Rest of the story is out--including SEVERAL VIDEOS, Einstein.

The videos are posted in this thread. Pictures too. Also articles with his Commander/Chief saying pulling his service weapon at a snowball fight wasn't appropriate. He's been suspended.

Care to comment now?

Hmmmm? How would anyone even know if this guy was for real a cop, if he hopped out of his personal vehicle waiving around his pistol like that?

You raise a good point. Whenever I see white guys running down my street with guns I assume they are the police. Then I wonder if i was right to assume that.

You raise a good point. Whenever I see white guys running down my street with guns I assume they are the police. Then I wonder if i was right to assume that.

I'm not talking about his skin color, twit.

Do you SEE ANYTHING that identifies him as a Law Enforcement Officer?

I don't. I see a man dressed like every other man at thst snowball fight....ready for the weather, only he's holding a FREAKING GUN.

I don't see a marked crusier, do you? I see the front of his pickup truck.

THAT doesn't scream COP either.

You racist freaking dipshit. :rolleyes:

I don't. I see a man dressed like every other man at thst snowball fight....ready for the weather, only he's holding a FREAKING GUN.

Don't be so hypersensitive, twit. I pointed out my own predudice. At least I own up to it.

Don't be so hypersensitive, twit. I pointed out my own predudice. At least I own up to it.

But I'm not discussing prejudice, twit.

I'm talking about HOW THE HELL was anyone to even know this was a COP?

CAN YOU TELL ME THIS?

He's lucky some other thug wasn't at the snowball fight and he didn't have someone pop a cap in him.

He was in downtown freaking Washington, DC. Holy Hell. NOT smart to do what he did, even under the best of circumstances, he should have been easily identifiable as a cop to prevent death. They shoot to kill each other in DC. Kinda like a sport.

He's really lucky he's only suspended from his job, not dead.

What a dipshit, twit. ;)

CAN YOU TELL ME THIS?

He's lucky some other thug wasn't at the snowball fight and he didn't have someone pop a cap in him.

He was in downtown freaking Washington, DC. Holy Hell. NOT smart to do what he did, even under the best of circumstances, he should have been easily identifiable as a cop to prevent death. They shoot to kill each other in DC. Kinda like a sport.

What a dipshit, twit. ;)
Well you are discussing it now.

I think the cop was an idiot. I actually agree with you, twitshit!

I identified him immediately when I saw the radio. The crowd didn't mistake him for a gang member either. The way he approached the crowd and handled his gun left me with the impression he was a police officer as well. Then there was the part about halfway through where he identified himself by name. His badge was on his coat too, if I remember your clip right.

Not saying he was in the right, but gee, at least recognize the clip for what it did show.

CAN YOU TELL ME THIS?

What a dipshit, twit. ;)
Well you are discussing it now.

I think the cop was an idiot. I actually agree with you, twitshit!

Oh, THANK GOD, twitfuckface. :D

Now I can sleep peacefully tonight. What a damned relief. :lol:

I wonder why jeny thinks he looks like a thug....is it the coat?

Forum List

Back