Never Forget..

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Navy1960, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    As a proud dad of a daughter I have told her all her life that she can do anything and to NEVER and I mean NEVER let anyone tell her she cannot achieve the things in life she wishes because of who she is. While doing some reading I ran across an interesting article of an all-female aircrew of a KC-135 flying missions over Afghanistan. It reminded of me of what I told my won daughter many times. While we all no doubt are proud of ALL the young men and women that serve our great nation, it's worth keeping in mind that those that do serve come from ALL backgrounds, ALL beliefs, and yes both male and female, but they have one thing in common and thats serving a cause greater than themselves. It's my hope and desire that they ALL return home to their loved ones soon and that their daily sacrifices are NEVER forgotten.

[​IMG]

Google Image Result for http://www.military-network.com/graphics/LadiesNightOverAfghanistan.jpg

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Great post. It's not about who or what or why...but about the friend next to you....that's what keeps us going.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    So right. Super post.

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,419
    :thup:

5. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    What is ironic is that the military is the ultimate form of collectivism, though no 'conservative' will ever admit it...

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    [​IMG]

Here is another photo of a young woman in the USS Abraham Lincoln, doing the hard work needed to keep this nation safe. The point here is that these young people do this hard work for reasons stated above and the very last thing in peoples mind is what is their ethnic heritage, or sex, or belief structure, but rather can they do the hard work needed. It's too bad this simple principle cannot be applied more often and then perhaps our nation might find itself less at odds with one another and more able to meet the challenges for a what I still believe is a bright future for all of us.

7. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    You vastly mis-understand conservatism. Conservatives want all people to have equal opportunity...hell why do you think they hate affirmative action (institutional racism) so much?

8. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    I don't misunderstand 'conservatism' at all...although I often disagree with Navy, he's a very rare conservative...one with a conscience...

I have little used for the 'me, myself and I' conservative majority...if your patriotism is not based on caring about fellow Americans then it really is NOT patriotism...

9. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I dont see how conservatives dont care about their fellow americans....they care as much as the liberals do. The difference is how liberals and conservatives view what is best, in relation to governance, for their fellow americans.

ObamaCare: Conservatives think its bad for americans because they think it cant be funded, the government is inept to make personal decisions for you on health care, and to force americans to buy a product(insurance) from private companies is unconstitutional.

Liberals think its good for america because our insurance companies do pull scumbag moves like denial of coverage for pre-existings, they feel the government can handle making these decisions and may be better at it than the avg joe, and they feel its worth running up a defecit to pay for.

See what I'm getting at?

10. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Conservative, Liberal, I don't honestly care what the label is , if you look at a person, you might find they are not all that apart on basic things. Take healthcare for example, I think most will agree that lowering the cost of healthcare and having access to good high quality healthcare is a good thing. Where the difference is, is how you get there. Sometimes in that effort though in suggesting on how to get there the basic premise is sometimes lost. The same can be said for a lot of things that effect us all, I suspect. Personally, I am of the opinion that if we spent more time as Americans holding those who work for us accountable to US , then there would be less of this my team your team mentality thats much in view in Washington much to chagrin of us all.