Day One-Repubs launch attack on Social Security

Read it and cry, I know this because I have know people who scam it in real life

1/4 of all disability claims is a fraud

There is so many news reports about people window shopping for quacks to back up there claims

Bear, you really are embarrassing yourself....

Wtf? Op are you a stalker of Sarah or something what's your obsession with someone who is not even in office?

God damn liberals hate conservative woman, that's kind of a mental problem if you ask me

Fucking psycho woman hater the OP is, I guess ?

So if you had retired in 2008, and forced to sell at that time because your income had ended, you would have been perfectly alright, in spite of the fact that your investment values had dropped by 50%.

Republican economics!

Zactly what I was gonna say.

As it is, we lost money on our investments with the bush recession (which we have regained under the commie/muslim/kenyan) but our SS was not affected.

DUH.

Can you imagine how much better off your SS would have been if a portion of it had been privatized and put in the market in 2008? Or, is that too difficult.

Not difficult at all. I did exactly that, AND I have SS. Now imagine that you retired in 2008, lost your income, had no SS, and was forced to sell in 2008...or is that too difficult?

I did not suggest that you have NO SS, only that you put a percentage of it into the market. And, since when are you forced to sell all of your investments? Normal people take a monthly distribution once they retire. Are you that stupid, or just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Too small,

People on this thread, (which I assume included you) are arguing that they do not want to be forced into SS, and that they could handle their privatized retirement plan WITHOUT SS. I was asking what would happen to these people if, instead of getting a check from SS every month, they had put their money in equities, retired, and suddenly found that their equities value was cut in half during the Bush recession. Now, if someone invested in equities, which would be the only way one could save enough to retire, then one would have to sell equities to pay their bills. if they had to sell them during the Bush recession, they would have gotten $.50 on the dollar.

Now, have I finally made myself clear on this? I have explained it on this thread four times, so I hope so...or are you that stupid?

Not a problem, since I would have several hundred thousand dollars in my equity account and would only withdraw 2 or 3 thousand a month for retirement. The remaining balance in the equity account would continue to appreciate and as the market recovered, so would the equities in the account. You ding dongs seem to think that someone would withdraw their entire account at retirement, and that isn't the way it works.
You have made it perfectly clear that you aren't very bright.

How about you go to the wizard and get a brain?

Like I always post my brain races fast,

It has to figure out/trouble shoot a money maker 3000 ton molding machine faster then I can write

My mind has to be fast

Republicans have hate SS... They have called Communism thousands of times over... And now you want us to believe you want to save it?

How stupid do you think people are?
Almost everyone of them is smarter than you.

So you don't know me or what I do... You don't know my IQ or EQ but you presumed to say 'Almost everyone of them is smarter than you'

Right Einstein... What is 'Almost everyone of them' : IQ, EQ and the Level of Education, I would also like to see there individual achievements in the workplace and general life...

And by the way I test at Mensa level in IQ alone... Just to give you a tip on how smart 'Almost Everyone of them' has to be...

I suspect I might be talking to someone as dumb as a hammer...

What? Has Palin joined our thread?

Speaking of Palin, did you hear what she had to say about Trig standing on his special needs dog? She mentioned that at least he didn't eat a dog as Obama stated in his book that he did when he was growing up in Indonesia. She is light years ahead of you dipshits that call her dumb.
They eat digs in Indonesia. Do you stand on dogs in the US?

Do all Americans that visit Indonesia eat dogs? I have been to Jakarta twice and didn't eat any dog for what that is worth. My son made a dozen trips to Indonesia on business and he said he refused to eat a steak from Lassie as well.

There is a clip showing Ellen DeGeneres's kid standing on a big dog several years ago and PETA named her 'Woman of the Year.' in case you are interested in hypocrisy. A conservative woman is ostracized for allowing it and a liberal lesbian woman gets an award. So the answer to your question is sometimes some American kids do stand on their dog.

Last edited:
My company supplies BMW , plus a host of others, just in time

If One of our big 14 machines go down, robotics, automaton or what ever for more then 2 hours we shut them down.

Not good

I come on these boards to wind down

My company supplies BMW , plus a host of others, just in time

If One of our big 14 machines go down, robotics, automaton or what ever for more then 2 hours we shut them down.

Not good

I come on these boards to wind down

Welcome aboard.

I know you guys care about spelling and grammar, but when you have a fast mind that's what you are trained to do, no time to make sure you have proper grammar and spelling

Just get it it running and back in production

So I am sorry again

But if you read up on fraud in social security fraud, it is really bad.

Social Security is the biggest con job in the history of this country. You will always get back less than you paid in. It would be better to keep the money yourself and invest it yourself, and have more money for your retirement later.

of course it won't ... you're smarter than the economists that say it will work.

If they are so smart, why didn't every other raise fix the problem?

Mark
The prior increases did not fix the problem because people are living longer, more people are looking for ways to game the disability system when they get off unemployment, and because the baby boomers are entering retirement. Not to mention the expansion into Health Care coverage, and Chips.

That what politicians wants us to believe. But not all people live longer. Roughly one third of people die before they reach the retirement, although they were paying into SS their whole life. See table 3.
Four percent never cash out any money because they are ineligible for various reasons.
Yes, sir. I meant by average we are living longer. You'll find that I am not a fan of SS or any other type of insurance. I prefer to invest my money in tangible assets that have a return on investment and to then spend my interest to cover my needs for retirement, health care, and other types of emergencies. I'd rather have a family estate that my family has access to than be reliant on insurance companies and/or the government to take care of me. My assessment of the SS program is that for people like me it's a gross waste of my money. I expect to get a negative 66% or so return on my investment in SS & Medicare this if I live to be 80. IOW I fully expect to at least loose 2 out of every 3 dollars that went to these programs. If I get disabled or live past 80 I might end up only loosing 1 out of every 2 dollars, but I seriously doubt that I could become permanently disabled or that I'll live past 80.

I understand. Although they would not admit, I believe that admin is counting on us to die before we're able to get anything out. They raising retirement age with excuse that we live longer, but to be honest, if they don't count on us to die, they would simply just raise the taxes.

Last year I lost a friend who passed away a week before he suppose to retire. Since he had no close family left, all he paid in his whole life, IMO went to waste.
Ayup. It just marxism in a slightly different form. In this form it's redistribution from younger generations to older generations. Ponzi schemes like this only benefit the oldest generations, the newer/later generations always get screwed.

Social Security is the biggest con job in the history of this country. You will always get back less than you paid in. It would be better to keep the money yourself and invest it yourself, and have more money for your retirement later.
The earlier generations actually reaped massive amounts of money that they never put in. We had people collecting SS that never put a dime in. We have people collecting medicare that never put a dime in. We have people collecting disability that never put a dime in. Many folks on the bottom of the income curve will receive much more back from SS than they put in.

Zactly what I was gonna say.

As it is, we lost money on our investments with the bush recession (which we have regained under the commie/muslim/kenyan) but our SS was not affected.

DUH.

Can you imagine how much better off your SS would have been if a portion of it had been privatized and put in the market in 2008? Or, is that too difficult.

Not difficult at all. I did exactly that, AND I have SS. Now imagine that you retired in 2008, lost your income, had no SS, and was forced to sell in 2008...or is that too difficult?

I did not suggest that you have NO SS, only that you put a percentage of it into the market. And, since when are you forced to sell all of your investments? Normal people take a monthly distribution once they retire. Are you that stupid, or just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Too small,

People on this thread, (which I assume included you) are arguing that they do not want to be forced into SS, and that they could handle their privatized retirement plan WITHOUT SS. I was asking what would happen to these people if, instead of getting a check from SS every month, they had put their money in equities, retired, and suddenly found that their equities value was cut in half during the Bush recession. Now, if someone invested in equities, which would be the only way one could save enough to retire, then one would have to sell equities to pay their bills. if they had to sell them during the Bush recession, they would have gotten $.50 on the dollar.

Now, have I finally made myself clear on this? I have explained it on this thread four times, so I hope so...or are you that stupid?

Not a problem, since I would have several hundred thousand dollars in my equity account and would only withdraw 2 or 3 thousand a month for retirement. The remaining balance in the equity account would continue to appreciate and as the market recovered, so would the equities in the account. You ding dongs seem to think that someone would withdraw their entire account at retirement, and that isn't the way it works.
You have made it perfectly clear that you aren't very bright.

Well, Toosmall, we all have dreams of being as bright as you someday! And I am sure that what you have done for yourself would be a snap for everyone in the country, all the way down to custodial engineers whose career was mopping the floor at the school cafeteria. So, by all means, get rid of, or privatize SS!

the problem is that many, if not most, people do not have the self-control to invest what they save from paying into fica to invest in equities. The tragedy is when someone dies before collecting.

Many get thousands out of the system without paying one dime.

Is that fair, hell no

but realistically ss is here to stay. We need bi-partisan solutions to keep it afloat.

The op is still a liar.

The earlier generations actually reaped massive amounts of money that they never put in.

Yep, and passed the bill onto us. Time to eliminate it completely. The only part that needs to exist is the disability component.

the problem is that many, if not most, people do not have the self-control to invest what they save from paying into fica to invest in equities.

That's their fucking problem. Learn some fucking self control. I tuck money away into my retirement plan, and I don't exactly make a ton of money. If I didn't have Social Security taxes coming out of my paycheck I'd have even more money to tuck away. Or I could continue tucking away the same amount I do now and spend the extra money however I want.

Especially in this day and age, even people who lack self control can automate the process to replicate the effect of taxation. The vast majority of employers offer direct deposit. You can set up your retirement plan to automatically deduct a given amount on the exact same day as your direct deposit hits your account. No self control is required.

And one last thing I hate being on call 24/7 but thats my job I solve problems

I always wished I was a dumb fuck who didn't have this much knowledge about hydraulics, electronics, programming robotics blah blah blah

I wish I didn't read so much

My life would have been easy

Forum List

Back