David Gilmour Sells His Guitars For A Record-Breaking $21.5 million For Climate Change

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
Rocker David Gilmour, a member of Pink Floyd, one of the most commercially successful and influential groups in popular music history, recently auctioned 120 guitars from his massive collection for over $21 million and donated it all to fighting global warming.

Few musicians can boast of a more successful career than that of David Jon Gilmour, an English singer, songwriter, and guitarist who was a member of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. However, he recently came into the limelight with his record-breaking charity guitar auction which broke the record this year for the largest guitar collection sold at a charity auction.

https://theheartysoul.com/david-gil...FKkQ_kfie3j9Vg8hVcXAX2VC9SkQaplzg2wv0j8JQ5wHI

the-black-strat-2_tcm25-580722.jpg

Great musician/great unselfish man.

So.
A one percenter with a carbon footprint of an elephant sold his guitar to another one percenter with the carbon footprint of an elephant to virtue signal they care about the environment.
As a person with the carbon footprint of an ant in comparison, color me unimpressed.

Now if they sold their mansions and put up a tent with the homeless in LA,

THAT would impress me.

David Gilmour Sells His Guitars For A Record-Breaking $21.5 million For Climate Change

Let us know when that 21 million changes the climate.

At least you gave the Chinese and Xi Jinping a good laugh.

Glad to see the old fart piss all that money away on jack.

21 million could have been used for a lot of good things.

001_RTX14IAX.jpg
151130065503-china-most-polluted-city-rivers-dnt-00020515-exlarge-169.jpg

Pink Floyd burned more carbons than any hypocrite band exceeding even U2 with their massive stage shows requiring dozens of semis, a small army of people to assemble it, waste of electricity, massive flows into local sewer facilities, private flights, and limo service.

Gilmore owes the Earth a lot of those funny money "carbon credits".

What an idiot. I just lost what little respect I had for the guy.

Did Gilmour get off his pipe long enough to tell people exactly how the money will be distributed? Why do I get the feeling that a lot of globalist activists will be buying new model Lexus cars and maybe investing in coca ranches in Columbia? ?

Thread title is a lie. He sold them to fight AGW. Not climate change.
Climate change is natural earth evolution.
AGW is a theory which ignores natural variability.
I do love how people who go through carbon in one year what I do in 30, bitch about carbon. Fucking idiots.

Stupid is as Stupid does...

He just threw 21.5 MIll down the shit hole of lies...

I disagree, the Climate Change prophets need the money bad.

When they have a big get-together in Tahiti in January to shoot the shit and complain about the weather, the fuel for those private jets isn't free. Neither is the gourmet food they gorge themselves on at these events.

One of the big reasons nobody cares about climate change action is related the the level of silly associated with the bozo pols pushing it! Banning burgers and cars....aborting children....spending 16 trillion dollars! Most people dont want to be associated with such nuttiness. It would be the same if some Republican pushing open carry for cruiser shotguns for all citizens.:2up:.

Not that I'm complaining....I hope these meatheads are out there every day pushing policies that would ban cell phones, fireplaces, air conditioners and McDonalds!! Go....go....:113::113:

Rocker David Gilmour, a member of Pink Floyd, one of the most commercially successful and influential groups in popular music history, recently auctioned 120 guitars from his massive collection for over $21 million and donated it all to fighting global warming.

Few musicians can boast of a more successful career than that of David Jon Gilmour, an English singer, songwriter, and guitarist who was a member of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. However, he recently came into the limelight with his record-breaking charity guitar auction which broke the record this year for the largest guitar collection sold at a charity auction.

https://theheartysoul.com/david-gil...FKkQ_kfie3j9Vg8hVcXAX2VC9SkQaplzg2wv0j8JQ5wHI

View attachment 278211
Great musician/great unselfish man.
he can waste his money how he feels. But asking people who don't agree to pony up is just thievery.

One of the big reasons nobody cares about climate change action is related the the level of silly associated with the bozo pols pushing it! Banning burgers and cars....aborting children....spending 16 trillion dollars! Most people dont want to be associated with such nuttiness. It would be the same if some Republican pushing open carry for cruiser shotguns for all citizens.:2up:.

Not that I'm complaining....I hope these meatheads are out there every day pushing policies that would ban cell phones, fireplaces, air conditioners and McDonalds!! Go....go....:113::113:
well the best one to date is Biden threatening to shut down all oil fields, thus actually threatening all of our lives, not just the jobs of refineries and oil rigs, but eliminating all of our cars and any products produced with oil. The fks are truly for taking down america!!! plain and simple. that is all that can mean, nothing more nothing less.

he wants to make Jimmy Carter sane.

Forum List

Back