David Brat, an economics professor at Randolph-Macon College beats Cantor

R

rdean

David Brat, an economics professor at Randolph-Macon College beats Cantor

Eric Cantor's tea party opponent in Va. primary may be picking up momentum - The Washington Post

Check out some of Brat's positions:

David Brat’s Views on God, Mammon, and Economics

BRAT: “Usury is bad. Usury is morally bad. Usury is the charging of interest payments for simply borrowing money. Usury is frowned upon in the Bible. Liberation theology might be required here…. Usury should be regulated. The government should make laws that forbid outrageous interest charges. I’m calling my congressman to do this. The church should take a stand on this exploitation. The church should write some statements on usury. The church should hire lobbyists to work on behalf of the poor who suffer under usury.”

You gotta admit this is hilarious. Remember, Republicans just squashed a Democratic bill that would give young Americans some relief from high interest charges on school loans? And USMB Republicans say "good"? All his "church stuff" is really scary.

BRAT: The church should rise up higher than Nietzsche could see and prove him wrong. We should love our neighbor so much that we actually believe in right and wrong, and do something about it. If we all did the right thing and had the guts to spread the word, we would not need the government to backstop every action we take.

He's got a lot of material to look at. I wonder how much teanuttiness we'll find:

Dr. David Brat, Randolph-Macon College

The one thing that stands out more than any other is that he went to divinity school and became a HUGE fan of atheist Ayn Rand. How odd is that?

After reading about Brat, more and more I think it was a case of "anyone but Cantor".

Forum List

Back