Daughter of lesbian mothers speaks out against gay marriage

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Very refreshing.....

-Geaux

A woman who was raised by two moms has written an open letter against gay marriage on the Federalist, a web magazine focused on culture, politics, and religion that’s known for having a conservative bent.

“My father’s absence created a huge hole in me, and I ached every day for a dad,” Heather Barwick shares. “I loved my mom’s partner, but another mom could never have replaced the father I lost.”
======
and another excellent point
==============
Now as an adult, with children of her own, Barwick says she “can see the beauty and wisdom in traditional marriage and parenting.” She admits that love exists in innumerable family structures and that divorces, infidelity and abandonment can occur, but she adds “By and large, the best and most successful family structure is one in which kids are being raised by both their mother and father.

Daughter of lesbian mothers speaks out against gay marriage - The Mommy Files

Sad! How confusing it must be for those poor, little kids who don't have a say in matter. Forced to endure the insanity of their sick, twisted, self-centered "gay" parent.

If she is married now, I am guessing that she calls her father-in-law "dad".

God bless you and her and her family always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. She pretty much says what I said in another chat here that a person should never have to go looking for a piece that should already be in their puzzle.

Last edited:
^^^ That could be debatable. Sometimes people can end up showing kids how not to be just by being themselves...whether the kids belong to them or not.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I have no desire to even date due to all of the cheating that I have seen in my family and in other families. I also have plenty of family members who are sadly no stranger to cigarettes, drinking, and the inside of a jail cell, so just by their being themselves, I know how not to be.

Very refreshing.....

-Geaux

A woman who was raised by two moms has written an open letter against gay marriage on the Federalist, a web magazine focused on culture, politics, and religion that’s known for having a conservative bent.

“My father’s absence created a huge hole in me, and I ached every day for a dad,” Heather Barwick shares. “I loved my mom’s partner, but another mom could never have replaced the father I lost.”
======
and another excellent point
==============
Now as an adult, with children of her own, Barwick says she “can see the beauty and wisdom in traditional marriage and parenting.” She admits that love exists in innumerable family structures and that divorces, infidelity and abandonment can occur, but she adds “By and large, the best and most successful family structure is one in which kids are being raised by both their mother and father.

Daughter of lesbian mothers speaks out against gay marriage - The Mommy Files
Yeah..her father abandoned her....but it's all the fault of gay marriage..........................

^^^ That could be debatable. Sometimes people can end up showing kids how not to be just by being themselves...whether the kids belong to them or not.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I have no desire to even date due to all of the cheating that I have seen in my family and in other families. I also have plenty of family members who are sadly no stranger to the inside of a jail cell.
The girl loves both of her mothers and the father abandoned her. She says so herself she was raised well. She may have this opinion now but the fact of the matter is that she turned out fine.

I can show you far more children of gay parents that fully support their families than this one example the thumpers have drummed up

^^^ So you think that its good that she now feels ripped off for not having a dad when she was younger? To me, that only makes you a word that I can not say! If a person can not put first the needs of their children, they are not a parent. They do not even deserve to have the kids period.

Yeah..her father abandoned her....but it's all the fault of gay marriage..........................
Yes its her mom's fault for having no desire to find her daughter a new dad. Obviously what you and her mother do not get is that when you become a parent, what the child needs is what should come first.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
I agree with her point that each gender has valuable input for raising a child. However...there are so many kids who dont have even one parent who need a good loving home.

If the choice is being left to raise yourself in a shithole ghetto with no parental guidance....or be raised by a loving gay couple...no question the latter is better.

As a society. ..I wish we'd show as much outrage about the millions of kids whose parents barely exist in their lives as we do about loving gay parents raising a kid with lots of love and opportunity.

Kids of gay parents are not epedimically out on the street committing crime and killing each other.

If I had to choose between being raised by most of the parents in the ghetto and trailor park or the gay guys in Modern Family...ill take the gay guys.

Kids need love, structure and discipline. Any couple can provide that. Gay or straight.

^^^ So you think that its good that she now feels ripped off for not having a dad when she was younger? To me, that only makes you a word that I can not say! If a person can not put first the needs of their children, they are not parents. They do not even deserve to have the kids period.

Yes its her mom's fault for having no desire to find her daughter a new dad. Obviously what you and her mother do not get is that when you become a parent, what the child needs is what should come first.

Holly
"It's her mom's fault for having no desire to find her daughter a new dad."

Unbelievable. Well clearly there's a fundamental issue here there's no way we'll ever agree on. Getting you to agree that the girl turned out completely fine as an adult is all I need though. It's proof that the parents put the child's needs before their own.

Her parent's weren't perfect? Guess what no parents are. Same goes for you Holly.

If I had to choose between being raised by most of the parents in the ghetto and trailor park or the gay guys in Modern Family...ill take the gay guys.

Kids need love, structure and discipline. Any couple can provide that. Gay or straight.
Thank you for that Bucs. I think I may have had an incorrect opinion of you up until now. I apologize.

^^^ So you think that its good that she now feels ripped off for not having a dad when she was younger? To me, that only makes you a word that I can not say! If a person can not put first the needs of their children, they are not parents. They do not even deserve to have the kids period.

Holly
"It's her mom's fault for having no desire to find her daughter a new dad."

Unbelievable. Well clearly there's a fundamental issue here there's no way we'll ever agree on. Getting you to agree that the girl turned out completely fine as an adult is all I need though. It's proof that the parents put the child's needs before their own.

Her parent's weren't perfect? Guess what no parents are. Same goes for you Holly.
I never once said that I am perfect.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Feeling ripped off in a way that a child should never be will never be my definition of "fine".

^^^ So you think that its good that she now feels ripped off for not having a dad when she was younger? To me, that only makes you a word that I can not say! If a person can not put first the needs of their children, they are not a parent. They do not even deserve to have the kids period.

Holly
So..you want the mom to have continued to live a lie. Interesting.

^^^ Only a person with a gay frame of mind would consider it to be living a lie.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If homosexuality was the Lord's every intention, females wouldn't need the help of a male in order to get pregnant. Females would not even be here period.

^^^ Only a person with a gay frame of mind would consider it to be living a lie.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If homosexuality was the Lord's every intention, females wouldn't need the help of a male in order to get pregnant. Females would not even be here period.
Who ever said it was the "lord's EVERY intention"?

Forum List

Back