Dark Movies

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
I am referring to the lack of adequate lighting on a lot of movies I see on netflix. At first I thought it was just a new 'art form' but now I think they do it so they do not have to worry about the background scenery.

Anyhow....I skip those movies now....too irritating.

They do have some movies with spectacular scenery. I suppose the determing factor is how much money they have to work with.

Have you seen Maggie, with Arnold Schwarzenegger? It's a surprisingly good acting job by Arnold, and a pretty well done dark movie.

I am referring to the lack of adequate lighting on a lot of movies I see on netflix. At first I thought it was just a new 'art form' but now I think they do it so they do not have to worry about the background scenery.

They do have some movies with spectacular scenery. I suppose the determing factor is how much money they have to work with.

I sometimes have that problem. Stupid to have to adjust your settings just to watch a movie.

Some of these directors and producers purposely have these actors mumble their lines too, like wth? They think that is somehow going to make it appear and sound, "artistic?" So then I have to put "closed caption" on just to see what they are saying?

smh. . . .

Film Noir...

BigComboTrailer.jpg

I sometimes have that problem. Stupid to have to adjust your settings just to watch a movie.

Some of these directors and producers purposely have these actors mumble their lines too, like wth? They think that is somehow going to make it appear and sound, "artistic?" So then I have to put "closed caption" on just to see what they are saying?

smh. . . .

English is first language but I also use subtitles...there is a lot of mumbling in movies.

Netflix cranks out a lot of garbage. I'll get hooked on a show, keep waiting for it to get better, then 10 episodes later realize it was all a waste of time.

smh. . . .

English is first language but I also use subtitles...there is a lot of mumbling in movies.
Yeah, just adjust that contrast and tint when the movie is too dark. Some of the time that solves the "dark" problem. The rest of the time? Yeah, the movie is just shit b/c they lack creativity.

Netflix cranks out a lot of garbage. I'll get hooked on a show, keep waiting for it to get better, then 10 episodes later realize it was all a waste of time.

Definitely....but occasionally I stumble on a good one....such as Fauda.

Watch Donnie Darko.

I think the more enlightened understand by now that being racist is o.k. Nothing wrong with it....now of course there are many different ideas on what racism is but the belief that apptitudes, talents, intelligence, sexual orientation etc.etc. is the result of genetics cannot be doubted now since science has proven all that.

The more intelligent also understand how Negroes and their white liberal apologists just just use charges of racism as a red herring to cover up their failures to which no one is responsible for other than themselves...but one cannot blame them too much since like so many they get brainwashed in our public schools to believe that crap.

But talking about genetics the liberals will admit that genes determine who will be homersexuals but apparantly they think that is the only thing inheritable....unfriggin believable.

Who said dat liberals are fucked in the head? I saw that on here somewhere. hehheh

Watch Donnie Darko.

I think the more enlightened understand by now that being racist is o.k. Nothing wrong with it....now of course there are many different ideas on what racism is but the belief that apptitudes, talents, intelligence, sexual orientation etc.etc. is the result of genetics cannot be doubted now since science has proven all that.

The more intelligent also understand how Negroes and their white liberal apologists just just use charges of racism as a red herring to cover up their failures to which no one is responsible for other than themselves...but one cannot blame them too much since like so many they get brainwashed in our public schools to believe that crap.

But talking about genetics the liberals will admit that genes determine who will be homersexuals but apparantly they think that is the only thing inheritable....unfriggin believable.

Who said dat liberals are fucked in the head? I saw that on here somewhere. hehheh

What does that have to do with a big scary bunny?

If you want the perfect "dark" movie in which you can still make sense of what's going on, I recommend one or both of my two all-time, well-dark-photographed favorite horror masterpieces: Alien and Silence of the Lambs. Even putting the horror genre aside, they're my two favorite movies of all time, period.

If you want the perfect "dark" movie in which you can still make sense of what's going on, I recommend one or both of my two all-time, well-dark-photographed favorite horror masterpieces: Alien and Silence of the Lambs. Even putting the horror genre aside, they're my two favorite movies of all time, period.

Is SotL actually that dark? I don't recall it being a low-light sort of film, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Is SotL actually that dark? I don't recall it being a low-light sort of film, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Many scenes were, like every scene in Lecter's cells (both Baltimore and Memphis) and Buffalo Bill's lair. The ultra-suspenseful climax scene was so dark it was portrayed in infrared-lens from Buffalo Bill's POV. Lambs was filled with dark, gritty, grungy points of view. It set the mood-standard for serial killer movies like Se7en, Saw, The Cell, etc.

Forum List

Back