Dante Would Consider Voting For John Ellis 'Jeb' Bush in 2016

Condi? Not ready for prime time Condi? :rofl:
Far more ready than BHO was in 2008 AND a lot smarter.

I'll bet she plays a better piano. No doubt.
But what about ---- "experience"?
Condi Rice: Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, Stanford Provost.
barack obama: Senator for less than a year, State Representative, part time, untenured law professor, community organizer.

Really? Experience?

Actually O'bama scores in the mid-range of POTUS "experience" coming in. And ahead of Shrub, and way ahead of what Romney would have had.

>> Suppose you had to choose between two Presidential candidates, one of whom had spent 20 years in Congress plus had considerable other relevant experience and the other of whom had about half a dozen years in the Illinois state legislature and 2 years in Congress. Which one do you think would make a better President? If you chose #1, congratulations, you picked James Buchanan over Abraham Lincoln. <<
And it was actually three terms (seven years) in stage leg and four years in the Senate. Sloppy research, Ern.
Barely 2 years when he announced his candidacy and 4 years total as Senator. The majority of the second 2 years was focused on the Presidency. At one point he had missed more votes than any other Senator.

BFD. In the big money politics-as-commodity system we have, an elected official spends most of his or her time posturing and fundraising for the next election anyway, because that's what they system demands.

That's not a good thing certainly, but it does make O'bama no different from every other Congresscritter.

Dante Would Consider Voting For Jeb Bush in 2016

I disagree with him on the Florida high speed rail initiative, but I also agree with him on many other things. At least he tackled environment and education issues. Not much to disagree with there/ .

This was honest and in some way heroic: Bush was asked what he would do for African Americans if he gets elected, responding: "It’s time to strive for a society where there’s equality of opportunity, not equality of results. So I’m going to answer your question by saying: probably nothing." -- wikipedia link - It probably cost him the election -- but he was honest and what is not to like about what he said?

Bush was responsible for creating the Corporate Income Tax Credit Scholarship which provides corporations with tax credits for donations to Scholarship Funding Organizations which must spend 100% of the donations on scholarships for low income students. - wikipedia link -

I actually prefer the elites like the Bush family to the people like Obama and Carter and Reagan.

I like the Clintons too

Sue me
Reconsider.

Don't you have to know who the alternatives are first? I do.
Not to consider. But who the other candidate is (speaking of general election) would determine who gets my vote..
Dante is a liberal and true liberals have open minds -- within reason

Yanno, there's a reason I put mine in the plural -- "alternatives are"....

Whichever candidate runs for whichever party, the first thing we gotta get rid of is this binary mindset that it's gotta be Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dumb.

Maybe I'm a minority but when given a choice of two and I don't like either, the first thing I ask is "what else ya got"?

Third candidates in the general screw everything up. Pluralities give us very unstable governments -- look at the past 50 years

I agree with everything Dante has said on this thread. The only thing I would add is that Senators (of either party) generally make lousy Presidents. Being Governor of a State is the only relevant job experience.
False.

Senator Kennedy was a good president.
Senator Johnson was a good president.
Senator Obama is a good president.
Senator Truman was a good president.

I don't much like Jeb but he doesn't suck to Dubya's extent.
Yes, he absolutely sucks to Dubya's extent.

People have such short memories - Jeb Bush has so many fucking skeletons in his closet. And so many bad and/or legally questionable decisions, from Terry Schiavo to his purging 40,000 voters - mostly Black - from Florida's rolls leading up to his brother's 2000 selection as POTUS. Plus, his manipulation, through Kathleen Harris, of that recount.

He is also the author of the PNAC manifesto. And so much more.

Fuck Jeb - he's a snake.

I disagree with him on the Florida high speed rail initiative, but I also agree with him on many other things. At least he tackled environment and education issues. Not much to disagree with there/ .

This was honest and in some way heroic: Bush was asked what he would do for African Americans if he gets elected, responding: "It’s time to strive for a society where there’s equality of opportunity, not equality of results. So I’m going to answer your question by saying: probably nothing." -- wikipedia link - It probably cost him the election -- but he was honest and what is not to like about what he said?

Bush was responsible for creating the Corporate Income Tax Credit Scholarship which provides corporations with tax credits for donations to Scholarship Funding Organizations which must spend 100% of the donations on scholarships for low income students. - wikipedia link -

I actually prefer the elites like the Bush family to the people like Obama and Carter and Reagan.

I like the Clintons too

Sue me

Jeb Bush will need to explain his signature on the Project for a New American Century's, statement of principles before I would ever consider a vote for him.

Review the document here

http://www.rrojasdatabank.info/pfpc/PNAC---statement of principles.pdf

and pay special attention to the names of those who signed this document along with Bush, those who ginned up the 'need' for the war in Iraq which killed 4,500 + young Americans, and wounded 10,000 more - many with life changing injuries.
His signature? He co-wrote it!

Last edited:

I like the Clintons too

Sue me
All progressives should love Jeb. He is a major statist and will continue the welfare/warfare police state. The elite love Jeb.
That's the spirit! Tell all your wingnut friends!

"Dante Would Consider Voting For Jeb Bush in 2016"

The snag is he wouldn't just be getting Jeb!

He'd also be getting the same failed policies of the previous administration, as well as many of its administrators – in particular, judicial appointees hostile to the rights of millions of Americans.
Killjoy

barack obama: Senator for less than a year, State Representative, part time, untenured law professor, community organizer.

Really? Experience?

Condi Rice, complicit in selling the American people the bullshit war on Iraq.
WOW. What a recommendation of excellence and forethought.

Oh and you left out Obama's experience of 6+ years as POTUS.
(Do you remember the Repubs putting their VERY BEST candidate against Obama and those candidates getting their asses kicked by a community organizer. Do you remember when that happened?)

Don't you have to know who the alternatives are first? I do.
Not to consider. But who the other candidate is (speaking of general election) would determine who gets my vote..
Dante is a liberal and true liberals have open minds -- within reason

Yanno, there's a reason I put mine in the plural -- "alternatives are"....

Whichever candidate runs for whichever party, the first thing we gotta get rid of is this binary mindset that it's gotta be Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dumb.

Maybe I'm a minority but when given a choice of two and I don't like either, the first thing I ask is "what else ya got"?

Third candidates in the general screw everything up. Pluralities give us very unstable governments -- look at the past 50 years

I agree with everything Dante has said on this thread. The only thing I would add is that Senators (of either party) generally make lousy Presidents. Being Governor of a State is the only relevant job experience.
False.

Senator Kennedy was a good president.
Senator Johnson was a good president.
Senator Obama is a good president.
Senator Truman was a good president.
False
False
False
False

Never. He's far from a moderate and left this state in shambles.

Charlie Crist left this state in shambles. Bush did not.

Crist was horrible.
As a former Florida citizen, I concur. Apparently most other Floridians agree as well. He couldn't win the Senate race as an Independent or the State house as a Democrat.
You gotta be real bad to lose to Rick Scott.

Really? Experience?

(Do you remember the Repubs putting their VERY BEST candidate against Obama and those candidates getting their asses kicked by a community organizer. Do you remember when that happened?)
Very best? Hardly. The media chose McCain and Romney and excoriated any and all real Conservatives.
Really! Against the charismatic, media hyped, empty rhetoric of barack obama, how can anyone get excited about John McCain?

Really? Experience?

Very best? Hardly. The media chose McCain and Romney and excoriated any and all real Conservatives.
Really! Against the charismatic, media hyped, empty rhetoric of barack obama, how can anyone get excited about John McCain?

I guess you and me watched different GOP debates, the candidates did more damage to each other, and themselves, than the media ever could have.

I'd vote for Condoleeza Rice in a heart beat and that has nothing to do with plumbing or skin color other than the fact that Liberal heads would explode trying to avoid coming of misogynistic or racist while debating her.While that would please me to no end, I also realize that if she had been born a white male, we would never have heard her name.

I liked Coni when she was in academia, but she was definitely not ready for prime time in the Bush admin. I think she is not smarter than Obama, but who knows.
I think she's got 40 points on obama.

OK 10 minutes research gives me barack obama IQ 116 and Condi Rice 136.
Ernie S. even if I were to buy into your claim, I'd have to ask if you Ernie equate smartness with intelligence, and if you do, do you equate intelligence with reason, rationality, education, sanity...?

Compared to what democrats have to offer it seems that Jeb Bush is a shoe in at this point in time.

LOL, let's see what the GOP has to offer:

Ted Cruz [Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz (born December 22, 1970)] is the demagogues demagogue.

Marco Rubio, tossed under the bus by Jeb Bush, who owns the donors in Florida, Rubio didn't know if the should shit or get off the pot when J. Bush made his announcement to establish a committee to explore his run., Gee, what would he do if Putin made an announcement - piss through his shit hole?

Rick Perry, LOL

Mitt Romney, The Plutocracy may support him, the rest of the Crazy New Right thinks he's a loser (and he is).

Sarah Palin/Michelle Bachmann. the Crazy new right loves them, no one else gives a damn.

Ben Carson, Who? 9-9-9 with a medical degree? Not a chance.

Wisconsin's Gov Walker, maybe a slim majority of the cheese heads support him, the rest of Wisconsin and the country finds him to be a demagogue with no ideas, little support from the working man, and no support from government employees.

The D's have two Sec.of State and a VP; if foreign policy counts that will be big. they also have Sen. Warren, a darling of the middle class and former Sen. Jim Webb, a Vietnam Vet and former Senator.

If experience counts the D's will win the White House; if the GOP is able to once again fool the Crazy Right Wing they have a chance, but only with Jeb Bush. The rest of those in the GOP who want to be POTUS are awful.
Experience doesn't count. 2008 is proof of that.

Experience should count as one factor, but sadly the American voter doesn't always think so.

Really? Experience?

Exactly which primary did "the media" vote in?

I'd vote for Condoleeza Rice in a heart beat and that has nothing to do with plumbing or skin color other than the fact that Liberal heads would explode trying to avoid coming of misogynistic or racist while debating her.While that would please me to no end, I also realize that if she had been born a white male, we would never have heard her name.

I'll bet she plays a better piano. No doubt.
But what about ---- "experience"?

Really? Experience?
President of the Harvard Law Review and other things, but Condi had a better Resume back then. Troubling thing was she had lived in an academic world with expertise on the Cold War and that was not what America needed in 2000, 2001, 2004, 2007

Forum List

Back