Danish Cartoon Rage Alive and Well?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Copenhagen - An explosion in a Copenhagen hotel toilet may have been linked to terrorist activities, the head of the Danish secret service PET said Saturday.

Jakob Scharf said initial investigations indicated that Friday afternoon's blast might have been a botched preparation for a terrorist attack.

There have been fears of a possible attack by radical Islamists in Denmark ever since the 2005 publication by a Danish newspaper of controversial cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammed.

Friday's bomb scare took place a day before the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States

Police suspect terrorist background to Copenhagen blast - Monsters and Critics

"The Religion of Perpetual Outrage". It's been five years since the cartoon debacle.

If this was a terror attack, it was a FAIL. I dun think they explained the concepts "suicide bomber" or "calendar" to this guy none too well.

Poor Denmark......*Cuddles*.

I read one of the comments that said the hotel is next to the busiest subway stop in Copenhagen. It could have been devastating.

I have a cousin in Denmark. I'll check out her fb and see what her friends are saying. (If its in English that is)

ravi's joke might be funny if we weren't talking about a terror attack. Then again, maybe not.

Belgian officials have opened an investigation into the identity of the man arrested in Copenhagen on Friday in connection with a minor explosion, reports public broadcaster DR.

The man, who has refused to give his identity, was reportedly carrying papers from two foreign countries.

Danish police have not stated the names of the countries, but according to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, the suspect was carrying a passport from that country with a false name.

No official announcement has been made of the suspect’s potential target. But Ekstra Bladet newspaper, citing sources close to the investigation, reported on Sunday that among the man’s possessions was a map with a ring around the main office of Jyllands-Posten newspaper in Århus.

Jyllands-Posten has been the subject of numerous threats since September 2005, when it published cartoons of the prophet Mohammed. It recently completed a multi-million kroner security upgrade of its Århus office in order to ward off possible attackers.

Belgians begin explosion investigation

I guess they'll be raging against that company for the next 600 years or so...

Copenhagen - An explosion in a Copenhagen hotel toilet may have been linked to terrorist activities, the head of the Danish secret service PET said Saturday.

Jakob Scharf said initial investigations indicated that Friday afternoon's blast might have been a botched preparation for a terrorist attack.

There have been fears of a possible attack by radical Islamists in Denmark ever since the 2005 publication by a Danish newspaper of controversial cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammed.

Friday's bomb scare took place a day before the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States

Police suspect terrorist background to Copenhagen blast - Monsters and Critics

"The Religion of Perpetual Outrage". It's been five years since the cartoon debacle.

The topic, Chanel, is so important as it exposes the craven basis for what the left refers to as 'intolerance.'
You correctly identified it as fear.

The bending and bowing of our chief administrator, the threats of violence, by Iman Rauf , if he is forced to move the mosque, an army general who fears the enemy moreso if the koran is burned, are all of a piece.

My fav, about which I don't know whether to laugh of cry, is the supreme bastion of liberalism, Yale University, which published a book on the cartoons...but would not allow publication of the subject itself...

"In an astonishing act, Yale University Press has told an author that her book addressing the controversy over the Muhammad cartoons will be published — without any of the 12 cartoons shown in the book. Muslims consider images of Muhammad to be blasphemous and particularly object to the insulting cartoons, which caused riots and deaths worldwide. Jytte Klausen, author of “The Cartoons That Shook the World” wanted the cartoons to be shown in the book.

While many in the West publicly defended the right of free speech, many countries have quietly passed blasphemy laws and cracked down on anyone insulting Islam or other religions, here. For a prior column criticizing this trend, click here.

While Yale University Press insists that it spoke to a wide range of “experts,” I cannot image the legal experts who supported such an act of self-censorship. I found the cartoons to be juvenile and insulting. However, an academic book on the cartoons — and censorship — should not itself be censored. Yale has caved into violent extremists who killed over 200 people and insist that other cultures must abide by their religious views. The decision must rest with the author, who clearly found the images to be important to a book on those very images. It is like publishing a book on the Sistine Chapel while barring any images of the paintings."
Yale Publishes Book Addressing Controversy Over Muhammad Cartoons — And Deletes All of the Pictures of the Cartoons JONATHAN TURLEY

This is not the way a brave nation behaves.

I thought Republicanism was the Religion of Perpetual Outrage. :confused:

:eusa_eh:

It seems to be rather well distributed on all sides as evidenced in many a post on this and every other board.

Indeed, and suicide bombing is the equivalent of expressing outrage on a message board.:cuckoo:

:eusa_eh: Your :cuckoo: must have been directed at yourself for obvious reasons. Since when did Republicanism equate to suicide bombing on a message board, (to sane, rational thinkers)?

Last edited:
zapiro-cartoon.jpg

:eusa_eh:

It seems to be rather well distributed on all sides as evidenced in many a post on this and every other board.

Indeed, and suicide bombing is the equivalent of expressing outrage on a message board.:cuckoo:

:eusa_eh: Your :cuckoo: must have been directed at yourself for obvious reasons. Since when did Republicanism equate to suicide bombing on a message board, (to sane, rational thinkers)?

It was directed to you for obvious reasons. Feigning (or expressing, as some like to call it) outrage on a message board is not the moral equivalent of camel riders blowing up embassies.

It was directed to you for obvious reasons. Feigning (or expressing, as some like to call it) outrage on a message board is not the moral equivalent of camel riders blowing up embassies.

:eusa_eh: I don't know where you got that idea from reading my post??? Reading comprehension skills lacking a bit? Mind altering drugs? congenital insanity? Just plain stupid and/or moronic asshole? You choose.

:eusa_eh: I don't know where you got that idea from reading my post??? Reading comprehension skills lacking a bit? Mind altering drugs? congenital insanity? Just plain stupid and/or moronic asshole? You choose.

For you, I choose all of the above.:cuckoo:

My question is how did you pull your first response to me out of your ass? It had nothing to do with what I posted to Ravi. You might want to consider a remedial English language class maybe even English as a second language, either might serve you well.
Anyway it looks like you've collected enough frequent flier miles on the cranial, anal airlines for a round trip ticket to Pluto.

My question is how did you pull your first response to me out of your ass? It had nothing to do with what I posted to Ravi. You might want to consider a remedial English language class maybe even English as a second language, either might serve you well.
Anyway it looks like you've collected enough frequent flier miles on the cranial, anal airlines for a round trip ticket to Pluto.

I think he prefers Uranus. :eek:

Not my anus!!!!! :eek:

Pluto's no longer a planet.
I really have no choice in this matter. Uranus is the rear end of the solar system as far as actual planets go.

Not my anus!!!!! :eek:
Better not drop that soap. :smoke:

Forum List

Back