Daniel Kovalik: Why Russia's intervention in Ukraine is legal under international law

The government in Kiev, moron.

They overthrew their elected President.

Viktor Yanukovich? The EU accepted the decision of the Ukrainian Parliament to impeach president Viktor Yanukovich.

But I see you like to play dumb. You can be as dumb and uninformed as you like. The rest of us choose not to ignore history or pretend it hasn’t affected current events.

Oh by the way. Would you please be so nice not to forget to arrest the tyrant of Belarus Lukashenko. It exist criminal charges in the name and in authorisation of victims of torture against him.

Yes, it is a “senseless” war, since the Ukrainian government is so arrogant it believes it has the right to govern people in the Donbas region after it overthrew the rightfully election government before in 2014. Sorry but when you form a new government you need the consent of the people you are going to govern. There are consequences to having a violent insurrection and coup and throwing out your constitution. They lost the eastern provinces when they did that. But the new government of Kiev and Zelensky refuse to acknowledge that. That region wants its independence. Why should I be against that? Why would we want to put a gun to their heads and force them to be ruled by Kiev if they don’t want it?
Were the elections in the US rigged in favour of a losing candidate in 2020? And can it be called a coup if they were?

Viktor Yanukovich? The EU accepted the decision of the Ukrainian Parliament to impeach president Viktor Yanukovich.
LOL the EU. As if they have any jurisdiction in the matter. Of course they would support removing him, they backed the coup since he turned them down.

I suspect once the truth begins to emerge, the US media will move on to the next Big Crisis, possibly a global economic depression brought on by de-dollarization?
625ccf87a310fd2bec8398eb.jpg

Accelerated de-dollarization - Khmer Times

The major Western powers are employing financial sanctions as economic weapons.

"As the conflict between Russia and Ukraine escalates, the United States and its Western allies have imposed what they hope will be crippling financial sanctions on Russia.

"These are promoting changes in the international financial order and driving profound changes in the international monetary system and the global financial landscape.."
I'm pretty sure you know the truth as well as I.
Many of the lies are too incredible to believe now and so that makes me believe that others know the truth too, but don't care. It's human nature and wars must depend on patriots accepting propaganda lies.

de-dollarization amounts to war against America in the real world, just as US sanctions on Russia means war.

We're fortunate to live in the nuclear age of MAD, or the war for world supremacy would have been fought and won 75 years ago.

We all need to come to the understanding that it's going to have to be co-operation and peaceful coexistence or the end of the human experiment on earth.

Can you visualize any other alternative for what's happening now in the Ukraine?

I ask because I think a discussion would be useful for the benefits of most of the others on this board.

We're fortunate to live in the nuclear age of MAD, or the war for world supremacy would have been fought and won 75 years ago.
I was born around that time, and I remember adults telling me that many members of the US armed forces wanted to fight Russia (their ally) in 1945 so their children would not have to do so twenty years later. I suspect few of those service members had any conception of how many Nazi divisions the Russians destroyed or how many Russian civilians perished in the conflict.

As far as MAD is concerned...during the Cold War nuclear weapons were never used primarily because rich Americans knew their families would burn along with everyone else's.

Perhaps MAD could be fine-tuned in such a way (using drones and nanotech) to guarantee the richest one percent of civilians on all sides of any future armed conflict will be the first to die?:stir:

If we find a way to guarantee the rich will be the first to die, war ends yesterday.

Can you visualize any other alternative for what's happening now in the Ukraine?

I ask because I think a discussion would be useful for the benefits of most of the others on this board.
Most of us can't even agree on when the war started.
Those in support say February 2022.
Those opposed say February 2014.
There's more recent controversy about whether or not Zelensky declared his intention to retake Crimea by force in April 2021 and his alleged build-up of Ukrainian troops in the Donbass last summer:

Zelenskymania and Switzerland’s ruined image | MR Online

"The concentration of Ukrainian troops in the Donbass since last summer, the massive arms deliveries by NATO in recent months, the accelerated combat training of Azov regiments and the army, the intensive shelling of Donetsk and Lugansk by the Ukrainians from 16 February onwards (all this was ignored by the Western media, of course), prove that Kiev had planned a large-scale military operation for the end of this winter.
400px-Map_49_-_Croatia_-_Operation_Oluja%2C_4-8_August_1995.jpg

Operation Storm - Wikipedia

"The aim was to repeat the 'Operation Storm' launched by Croatia against the Serbian Krajina in August 1995 and to take the Donbass in a lightning offensive, without giving the Russians time to react, in order to gain control over the entire Ukrainian territory and enable the country to join NATO and the EU quickly."

Personally, I doubt such a scenario was possible; however, the US and NATO may have sold Zelensky on the plan in order to force Putin's hand?

I was born around that time, and I remember adults telling me that many members of the US armed forces wanted to fight Russia (their ally) in 1945 so their children would not have to do so twenty years later. I suspect few of those service members had any conception of how many Nazi divisions the Russians destroyed or how many Russian civilians perished in the conflict.

As far as MAD is concerned...during the Cold War nuclear weapons were never used primarily because rich Americans knew their families would burn along with everyone else's.

Perhaps MAD could be fine-tuned in such a way (using drones and nanotech) to guarantee the richest one percent of civilians on all sides of any future armed conflict will be the first to die?:stir:

If we find a way to guarantee the rich will be the first to die, war ends yesterday.
Maybe there's hope in China's stance of so far thinking that war isn't the answer. The body of politicians who run China would most likely be convinced of MAD.

The alarming fact is that the military of all countries can't allow themselves to accept MAD. It would be a morale killer.

Russia's first bomb in August, 1949 wasn't a moment too soon for their own survival.

Klaus Fuchs, a British physicist either saved the world or condemned the world, depending on your POV.

N.K. may have set the bar on nuclear proliferation for the world. It has to be either that or all small countries will come under the protective wings of the major powers.
Iran next and then Germany?

Most of us can't even agree on when the war started.
Those in support say February 2022.
Those opposed say February 2014.
There's more recent controversy about whether or not Zelensky declared his intention to retake Crimea by force in April 2021 and his alleged build-up of Ukrainian troops in the Donbass last summer:
I would see Zelensky as a suitably motivate puppet toward America's interests.
Zelenskymania and Switzerland’s ruined image | MR Online

"The concentration of Ukrainian troops in the Donbass since last summer, the massive arms deliveries by NATO in recent months, the accelerated combat training of Azov regiments and the army, the intensive shelling of Donetsk and Lugansk by the Ukrainians from 16 February onwards (all this was ignored by the Western media, of course), prove that Kiev had planned a large-scale military operation for the end of this winter.
400px-Map_49_-_Croatia_-_Operation_Oluja%2C_4-8_August_1995.jpg

Operation Storm - Wikipedia

"The aim was to repeat the 'Operation Storm' launched by Croatia against the Serbian Krajina in August 1995 and to take the Donbass in a lightning offensive, without giving the Russians time to react, in order to gain control over the entire Ukrainian territory and enable the country to join NATO and the EU quickly."
There's no doubt that Clinton's 99 war in Kosovo was a great success, as compared to the Georgia failure
Personally, I doubt such a scenario was possible; however, the US and NATO may have sold Zelensky on the plan in order to force Putin's hand?
The Ukraine didn't have the strength or the ability to fight a war against Russia in the beginning and so the promise of assistance must have been guaranteed.

So why is the Ukraine suffering such a great loss in Mariupol? Could the US/Nato have misjudged Russia's objective? Was there an unwritten guarantee that Russia wouldn't take Kiev?

I wonder if any sense can be made in a war that has rules imposed the need for limitations to be adhered to by both sides.

Why does the US/Nato refuse to acknowledge that Russia is resolved to not lose this war?

We all should greatly fear that peace isn't possible because the US doesn't want peace.

I wonder if Russia can pull back and live to fight another day? That's also still possible for America too. I also wonder why the politicians on both sides are taking the risk of going too far?

The question is being entertained at antiwar.com nearly every day now.

Useful to this discussion: Why Russia Went to War Now.

As the war gets older, the facts that trump the propaganda blitz become more understandable and more accepted.

America and Russia are at war. We could refer to it now as the Sitzkrieg stage.

Where and when will the next front by opened?

Kosovo? Venvezuela? Cuba? Georgia?

So why is the Ukraine suffering such a great loss in Mariupol? Could the US/Nato have misjudged Russia's objective? Was there an unwritten guarantee that Russia wouldn't take Kiev?
Imho, Russian never had enough troops to seize (much less occupy) Kiev. Scott Ritter believes that assault was a feint designed to hold Ukrainian forces in place long enough to destroy ammunition and fuel dumps. Putin's goal seems to be focused on Ukraine's coastline:
_124293524_ukraine_invasion_south_map-2x-nc.png

Putin does not have to occupy all Ukraine to "win."
His goal may be to wreck the Ukrainian economy by cutting Ukraine off entirely from the sea?

Last edited:
We all should greatly fear that peace isn't possible because the US doesn't want peace.
Imho, the last thing the US wants in Ukraine is peace.
DC will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian and then move on to Sweden and Finland.
The US has a long history of overthrowing foreign government, and Russia has always been at the top of that list:

Opinion | Cheering a ‘Democratic’ Coup in Ukraine

"There has been, of course, a long and inglorious history of the U.S. government supporting the overthrow of elected governments: Mossadegh in Iran in 1953, Arbenz in Guatemala in 1954, Allende in Chile in 1973, Aristide in Haiti twice, Chavez in Venezuela briefly in 2002, Zelaya in Honduras in 2009, Morsi in Egypt in 2013, and others.

"After Yanukovych, the next target of these U.S.-embraced 'democratic' coups looks to be Nicolas Maduro of Venezuela."

I wonder if Russia can pull back and live to fight another day? That's also still possible for America too. I also wonder why the politicians on both sides are taking the risk of going too far?
It's easy to get the impression Ukraine is winning or that it can win this war if you watch a lot of MSM; I don't believe that is possible. Scott Ritter talks about this at length in numerous videos that have not yet been banned (like his Twitter account)

Imho, the last thing the US wants in Ukraine is peace.
DC will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian and then move on to Sweden and Finland.
The US has a long history of overthrowing foreign government, and Russia has always been at the top of that list:

Opinion | Cheering a ‘Democratic’ Coup in Ukraine

"There has been, of course, a long and inglorious history of the U.S. government supporting the overthrow of elected governments: Mossadegh in Iran in 1953, Arbenz in Guatemala in 1954, Allende in Chile in 1973, Aristide in Haiti twice, Chavez in Venezuela briefly in 2002, Zelaya in Honduras in 2009, Morsi in Egypt in 2013, and others.

"After Yanukovych, the next target of these U.S.-embraced 'democratic' coups looks to be Nicolas Maduro of Venezuela."

Still whining about Allende eating his gun? LOL!

Forum List

Back