Damn You Republicans!!!!

Great...now we have to listen to Pelosi for 2 years. :crybaby:

Hey... Make up your mind. You know I vote exactly as you tell me to.

Actually -- I'm predicting there will be a big snafu over the traditional vote for speaker.. There are enough new loonies in the Dem Caucus that will never vote for her. Which means the party cant RISK an election for speaker.

I predict she pulls a dictator move and POSTPONES the election ---- indefinitely for like 2 years. Because with the serious split in her party --- a vote just COULD give the very slim Dem majority in the House -- a REPUBLICAN speaker.

And none of us would want that to happen --- would we?? :banana:

You know that's nuts, right?

You THINK?? There are 10 new House members who PLEDGED -- not to support her. You think they're gonna break that pledge on their very 1st vote? If the dingbat can't fix this behind closed doors by bribing or blackmailing about 30 of her chicken herd -- there is simple NOT gonna be a vote because the Repubs would win.

So it is in Wonderland. And i'm sticking with the prediction...

You are certainly free to predict anything you want, no matter how nuts it is. There will be no republican speaker of the Democratically run House.

Just a little background on how party power has changed the way that Congress was conceived from a deliberative body to a playground for the party bosses...

Election Of The Speaker

Originally, the Speaker had no real power, and its position had no real influence. However, the role of Speaker forever changed once Henry Clay took office. Clay used his influence to ensure the passage of legislation that supported his and his party's agendas, as well as actively participating in debates, which was not done by prior Speakers.

Clay's influence continued past his tenure, for the position of Speaker began to garner more political power, and thus shaping the role and responsibilities the office holds today. Aside from being the presiding officer of the House of Representatives, the Speaker also combines several roles such as the leader of the majority party in the House, as well as being a regular active member and representative role of the House.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives is elected by the comprising members of the House. The election process is based on a simple majority vote. After a candidate is elected, the person is to be sworn in by the Dean of the House, which the longest serving member of the House. A new Speaker is elected when the position is rendered vacant, or if there is a change in the majority party in the House. Each major party in the chamber will nominate a candidate to be elected for the position of the Speaker.

If you want your country BACK -- you need to un-feather their nest.

Actually -- I'm predicting there will be a big snafu over the traditional vote for speaker.. There are enough new loonies in the Dem Caucus that will never vote for her. Which means the party cant RISK an election for speaker.

I predict she pulls a dictator move and POSTPONES the election ---- indefinitely for like 2 years. Because with the serious split in her party --- a vote just COULD give the very slim Dem majority in the House -- a REPUBLICAN speaker.

You THINK?? There are 10 new House members who PLEDGED -- not to support her. You think they're gonna break that pledge on their very 1st vote? If the dingbat can't fix this behind closed doors by bribing or blackmailing about 30 of her chicken herd -- there is simple NOT gonna be a vote because the Repubs would win.

You are certainly free to predict anything you want, no matter how nuts it is. There will be no republican speaker of the Democratically run House.

If the Dems don't rig their side of election, the ENTIRE HOUSE is voting. So -- to appoint a speaker -- Team DingBat has to keep their slim margin in line. If DingBat can't DO THAT -- because so many are sworn not to support her -- Team DingBat will make a TYPICAL very UNDEMOCRATIC move and try to put off the election. Or they will miscalculate and end up with a Repub speaker. I just posted the Constitution on this. The new speaker does not HAVE TO BE a Dem...

OR -- they will seat "never DingBat" Dem reps somewhere out in the Maryland suburbs for the next 2 years and make them order out for lunch, pay for their OWN elections and postage, and watch the floor debates on CSPAN....

:banana: Now THAT'S funny. Aint it?

Your tribe has MAJOR issues BEING a majority. Just sayin...

Last edited:

If the Dems don't rig their side of election, the ENTIRE HOUSE is voting. So -- to appoint a speaker -- Team DingBat has to keep their slim margin in line. If DingBat can't DO THAT -- because so many are sworn not to support her -- Team DingBat will make a TYPICAL very UNDEMOCRATIC move and try to put off the election. Or they will miscalculate and end up with a Repub speaker. I just posted the Constitution on this. The new speaker does not HAVE TO BE a Dem...

OR -- they will seat "never DingBat" Dem reps somewhere out in the Maryland suburbs for the next 2 years and make them order out for lunch....

:banana:

You hold your breath for that, OK sweet lips?

2 years and no speaker...that is the prediction? ok.

2 years and no NEW election for speaker. DingBat owns the gavel as House Majority leader. Nancy's gonna declare a moratorium on the tradition. Repubs are gonna do their usual sit and roll over act. That's the prediction..

OK. We'll see. I'm in no position to talk shit about any one else's predictions of course.... Little would surprise me at this point coming out of Washington.

She's a smart and effective tactician. It may be a great time to have her as House Speaker.

She's more repellent than attractive to voters at this point.
IMHO she is the type of liberalism the Dems need to steer away from.
The really frustrating thing is that this is 2020 is 1992 all over again. Aging aloof Republican who said "gosh" at a super market scanner (and yes it was a misconception) vs what? Joe Biden? Hillary Clinton? Who? The left needs another Bill Clinton who can triangulate between the good ideas from the right and good ideas from the left; stake out the middle and build a coalition from there. The playbook has been written.

candycorn Just noticed you put this in Political Satire. You still LAUGHING SIS??? :auiqs.jpg::banana::auiqs.jpg:

The Dems have control of the house so it the trump legislative agenda is dead in the water. So yes, I'm quite pleased by that.

Having to listen to pelosi for 2 more years? I think I'll be buying Costco brand cotton balls instead of Merle Norman. LOL

She's a smart and effective tactician. It may be a great time to have her as House Speaker.

The really frustrating thing is that this is 2020 is 1992 all over again. Aging aloof Republican who said "gosh" at a super market scanner (and yes it was a misconception) vs what? Joe Biden? Hillary Clinton? Who? The left needs another Bill Clinton who can triangulate between the good ideas from the right and good ideas from the left; stake out the middle and build a coalition from there. The playbook has been written.

I disagree. And we don't need another Bill Clinton. The young ones will rise to power soon enough - but pros like Pelosi have a lot to teach them in the meantime. Democrats just elected a new crop of young reps - and they sound good to me. They'll be in power before long.

I disagree. And we don't need another Bill Clinton. The young ones will rise to power soon enough - but pros like Pelosi have a lot to teach them in the meantime. Democrats just elected a new crop of young reps - and they sound good to me. They'll be in power before long.

I couldn't disagree more. You can teach someone without being speaker.

I don't see anyone beating Trump from the current crop outside of Cory Booker and he doesn't seem to have much thirst for the job. 725 days until the election day.

I don't see anyone beating Trump from the current crop outside of Cory Booker and he doesn't seem to have much thirst for the job. 725 days until the election day.

I couldn't disagree more. We need our top talent to contain and defeat the Trump mobsters. These ain't normal times. We need people with Watergate talent.

I used to be a supporter of women in Congress, but after seeing Pelosi, Clinton, Feinstein, Sheila Jackson Lee, and the dowager Maxine Waters, I'd prefer men to run the Congress. Only one person I was familiar with in Congress, Barbara Cubin, acted in a manner consistent with the Founders' America. Those who go around using their seats in Congress to put people down with tears at my soul to the point I just might write in "Macho Man" as my choice in the future. Seems men are less likely to claw someone else to death than the dowager Maxine Waters and her ilk, so Congress stays less bitter than when Amazonian types so full of hateful condescension that their tenures are similar to a bag of Meow Mix.

Carry on.

I couldn't disagree more. We need our top talent to contain and defeat the Trump mobsters. These ain't normal times. We need people with Watergate talent.
OK

OR -- they will seat "never DingBat" Dem reps somewhere out in the Maryland suburbs for the next 2 years and make them order out for lunch....

I'm not the one completely oblivious to the on-coming train on the tracks YOU are standing on.. I lied to you when I said 10 of the new majority are pledged AGAINST Pelosi... This new update should set poor CandyCorn on the Happy Trail...

From october 18th.....

One-third of non-incumbent House Democratic candidates don't support Nancy Pelosi

Since Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., announced her intent to run for speaker of the House should Democrats retake the majority in 2019, dozens of candidates have come out against the first woman to hold that office.

Democratic opposition to Pelosi has ranged from intending to vote against her to saying that the party needs new leadership to saying they will look at all of the candidates running for speaker once they are in office, examples of which you can see in the video above.

Indeed, dozens of Democrats who have announced their opposition to Pelosi have accepted support from her or from the party.

But of the nearly one-third of non-incumbent Democrats opposing Pelosi in 2018, it is unclear how many will actually vote against her on the floor, especially when a "no" vote could send a speaker's candidacy to a second ballot for the first time since 1923, striking a blow to Democrats' political capital just as they prepare to potentially open a number of investigations into the Trump administration.

Two days after Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez upset Rep. Joseph Crowley, D-N.Y., this summer, Pelosi was asked how Democrats should handle candidates who buck party leadership on the campaign trail.

"We just want to win," Pelosi said. "When I'm not in the Capitol and I'm someplace else, I'm raising money to elect those very people. Everything is at stake in our country. ... So I just say, 'Just win, baby.'"

Apparently air-heads like Cortez are not DingBat fans. And winning is their game, not really governing. And that vote that makes DingBat speaker -- may never happen.. There's trouble in the tribe BullDog, and watching CNN aint gonna prepare YOU for having the breath sucked right out of you darling when this drama unfolds..

I'm not the one completely oblivious to the on-coming train on the tracks YOU are standing on.. I lied to you when I said 10 of the new majority are pledged AGAINST Pelosi... This new update should set poor CandyCorn on the Happy Trail...

From october 18th.....

One-third of non-incumbent House Democratic candidates don't support Nancy Pelosi

Since Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., announced her intent to run for speaker of the House should Democrats retake the majority in 2019, dozens of candidates have come out against the first woman to hold that office.

Democratic opposition to Pelosi has ranged from intending to vote against her to saying that the party needs new leadership to saying they will look at all of the candidates running for speaker once they are in office, examples of which you can see in the video above.

Indeed, dozens of Democrats who have announced their opposition to Pelosi have accepted support from her or from the party.

But of the nearly one-third of non-incumbent Democrats opposing Pelosi in 2018, it is unclear how many will actually vote against her on the floor, especially when a "no" vote could send a speaker's candidacy to a second ballot for the first time since 1923, striking a blow to Democrats' political capital just as they prepare to potentially open a number of investigations into the Trump administration.

Two days after Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez upset Rep. Joseph Crowley, D-N.Y., this summer, Pelosi was asked how Democrats should handle candidates who buck party leadership on the campaign trail.

"We just want to win," Pelosi said. "When I'm not in the Capitol and I'm someplace else, I'm raising money to elect those very people. Everything is at stake in our country. ... So I just say, 'Just win, baby.'"

Apparently air-heads like Cortez are not DingBat fans. And winning is their game, not really governing. And that vote that makes DingBat speaker -- may never happen.. There's trouble in the tribe BullDog, and watching CNN aint gonna prepare YOU for having the breath sucked right out of you darling when this drama unfolds..

No question that there is real discussion about who should be speaker of the house. Only a bat-shit crazy fool would think that means the position could possibly be given to a republican.

From october 18th.....

No question that there is real discussion about who should be speaker of the house. Only a bat-shit crazy fool would think that means the position could possibly be given to a republican.

You've apparently never been bullied, badgered, bribed, blackmailed or threatened by a Congressional party boss behind closed doors. For entering freshman legislators, that just might be a revolting thing to happen to you on your 1st vote. And the Repubs can offer you some pretty interesting propositions as well as far as Congressional perks.

If things get ugly, no telling how it will shake out or whether there will actually be a winner declared.

From october 18th.....

You've apparently never been bullied, badgered, bribed, blackmailed or threatened by a Congressional party boss behind closed doors. For entering freshman legislators, that just might be a revolting thing to happen to you on your 1st vote. And the Repubs can offer you some pretty interesting propositions as well as far as Congressional perks.

If things get ugly, no telling how it will shake out or whether there will actually be a winner declared.

OK. I'll just add your name to the bat-shit crazy fool list then.

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 9.47.37 AM.png

Forum List

Back