Damn You Republicans!!!!

Great...now we have to listen to Pelosi for 2 years. :crybaby:
Pelosi could do so much more behind the scenes. Let someone else have the gavel.

Its like the NEA...if the Dems were smart, they would organize a private entity to take over the NEA funding which is not all that much by endowment standards. Their support doesn't cost the taxpayers much money (the Smithsonian which has the footprint of an ant in the nation has a budget 5X the size of the NEA and it almost all comes from the Congress) but it does cost the Democrats votes.

Nobody votes up or down on the Dems because of the NEA alone but it does do a whole lot to convey the image of elitism (which isn't true by the way--the NEA is much less elite than the Smithsonian) while not contributing that much to artistic exploits.

Pelosi could do so much more behind the scenes. Let someone else have the gavel.

Its like the NEA...if the Dems were smart, they would organize a private entity to take over the NEA funding which is not all that much by endowment standards. Their support doesn't cost the taxpayers much money (the Smithsonian which has the footprint of an ant in the nation has a budget 5X the size of the NEA and it almost all comes from the Congress) but it does cost the Democrats votes.

Nobody votes up or down on the Dems because of the NEA alone but it does do a whole lot to convey the image of elitism (which isn't true by the way--the NEA is much less elite than the Smithsonian) while not contributing that much to artistic exploits.
Interesting but teachers are the ones who have to absorb the risk for that. It's a big leap for a lot of them.

Hey... Make up your mind. You know I vote exactly as you tell me to.

Actually -- I'm predicting there will be a big snafu over the traditional vote for speaker.. There are enough new loonies in the Dem Caucus that will never vote for her. Which means the party cant RISK an election for speaker.

I predict she pulls a dictator move and POSTPONES the election ---- indefinitely for like 2 years. Because with the serious split in her party --- a vote just COULD give the very slim Dem majority in the House -- a REPUBLICAN speaker.

And none of us would want that to happen --- would we?? :banana:

Actually -- I'm predicting there will be a big snafu over the traditional vote for speaker.. There are enough new loonies in the Dem Caucus that will never vote for her. Which means the party cant RISK an election for speaker.

I predict she pulls a dictator move and POSTPONES the election ---- indefinitely for like 2 years. Because with the serious split in her party --- a vote just COULD give the very slim Dem majority in the House -- a REPUBLICAN speaker.

You know that's nuts, right?

Hmm, interesting.....2 big libbers on this board are tired of Puklosi. Hate to disappoint you kids ( that’s a lie, I am thrilled you will be disappointed) but she will be the speaker,a Trump will make sure of it. In spite of his many shortcomings, he understands that Puklosi as the Speaker is good for Repubs.

Hmm, interesting.....2 big libbers on this board are tired of Puklosi. Hate to disappoint you kids ( that’s a lie, I am thrilled you will be disappointed) but she will be the speaker,a Trump will make sure of it. In spite of his many shortcomings, he understands that Puklosi as the Speaker is good for Repubs.
I love Nancy Pelosi. I would love for her to swing the gavel around wildly and make you lunatics pull out your hair in anger. But finishing off your movement and removing its villainous grip on the country is more important.

I love Nancy Pelosi. I would love for her to swing the gavel around wildly and make you lunatics pull out your hair in anger. But finishing off your movement and removing its villainous grip on the country is more important.
Face the truth. Nancy Pelosi is hated by her own Party and the only reason she will be Speaker is she is ruthless and they are all afraid of her.

Interesting but teachers are the ones who have to absorb the risk for that. It's a big leap for a lot of them.

huh?

When I'm having a bad day or feeling down, I just remind myself that somewhere there is a Mr. Pelosi and I know someone has it far worse than I do.

Democrats...sometimes you just have to shake your head at them.

When I'm having a bad day or feeling down, I just remind myself that somewhere there is a Mr. Pelosi and I know someone has it far worse than I do.

There is a Mr Pelosi, but Nancy keeps his jewels in a satchel worn around her neck.

You THINK?? There are 10 new House members who PLEDGED -- not to support her. You think they're gonna break that pledge on their very 1st vote? If the dingbat can't fix this behind closed doors by bribing or blackmailing about 30 of her chicken herd -- there is simple NOT gonna be a vote because the Repubs would win.

So it is in Wonderland. And i'm sticking with the prediction...

You THINK?? There are 10 new House members who PLEDGED -- not to support her. You think they're gonna break that pledge on their very 1st vote? If the dingbat can't fix this behind closed doors by bribing or blackmailing about 30 of her chicken herd -- there is simple NOT gonna be a vote because the Repubs would win.

2 years and no speaker...that is the prediction? ok.

2 years and no speaker...that is the prediction? ok.

2 years and no NEW election for speaker. DingBat owns the gavel as House Majority leader. Nancy's gonna declare a moratorium on the tradition. Repubs are gonna do their usual sit and roll over act. That's the prediction..

Forum List

Back