Dallas mayor switches party

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson, a longtime Democrat, is now a Republican — turning Dallas into the largest city in the country with a GOP mayor.

“Today I am changing my party affiliation,” Johnson wrote in an op-ed published Friday in The Wall Street Journal. “Next spring, I will be voting in the Republican primary. When my career in elected office ends in 2027 on the inauguration of my successor as mayor, I will leave office as a Republican.”

Johnson served in the Texas Legislature for nine years as a Democrat before he was elected as Dallas mayor in 2019. Though the mayor’s position is technically nonpartisan, Johnson joins Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker as one of two Republican mayors to lead a major Texas city.

In his op-ed, Johnson made the case for how his vision for Dallas aligns with the GOP, noting his support for law enforcement, low property taxes and fostering a business-friendly environment.

Comment:
Dallas like all of the major Texas cities is dominated by the Democrats.
The Republicans are in the suburbs.
Mayor Johnson is brave to switch parties.
I wish that Joe Manchin would also switch parties.

Overnight Dallas will be transformed!
We saw the transformation of Prog cities over a few years. No matter what they were before. Shut down all huge stores in those cities and open up soviet style government stores. As the taxes increase for less more people will leave. It takes a village.

Way to go chicken shit. It’s one thing to change parties and then change as your new affiliation, but it’s cowardly and disrespectful to run as the party you know will help you win then change over after you have nothing to loose.

This move shouldn’t be mocked not celebrated

Way to go chicken shit. It’s one thing to change parties and then change as your new affiliation, but it’s cowardly and disrespectful to run as the party you know will help you win then change over after you have nothing to loose.

This move shouldn’t be mocked not celebrated

Yeah, likely just another RINO in the making.

and no doubt the left wing gas bag machine will scream race traitor and house n word.
A year from now we'll still be wondering why the GOP doesn't have a backbone and stand up to the Dems.

How incredibly humiliating for the Left .
Just watch how many others jump ship .
The long range forecast is for a devastating hurricane to flatten the DumbocratHQ .

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson, a longtime Democrat, is now a Republican — turning Dallas into the largest city in the country with a GOP mayor.

“Today I am changing my party affiliation,” Johnson wrote in an op-ed published Friday in The Wall Street Journal. “Next spring, I will be voting in the Republican primary. When my career in elected office ends in 2027 on the inauguration of my successor as mayor, I will leave office as a Republican.”

Johnson served in the Texas Legislature for nine years as a Democrat before he was elected as Dallas mayor in 2019. Though the mayor’s position is technically nonpartisan, Johnson joins Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker as one of two Republican mayors to lead a major Texas city.

In his op-ed, Johnson made the case for how his vision for Dallas aligns with the GOP, noting his support for law enforcement, low property taxes and fostering a business-friendly environment.

Comment:
I hope he enjoys whatever is left of his term.

Comment:

What's the difference?

Both parties are awful, both parties hardly stand for anything other than issues like guns and abortion, and even then it's always difficult to know who supports what.

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Defects to GOP: ‘American Cities Need Republicans’

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson announced in a Wall Street Journal op-ed on Friday that he is leaving the Democratic Party to join the Republican Party.

Johnson, who assumed the mayorship in 2019, cited the need for metropolitan leaders to embrace “law and order and practice fiscal conservatism” as the main driver behind his decision to become a Republican.

OP COMMENT: I am sensing a trend here. Tulsi, this guy and a few other . . . . this happened back in the early 90's too. You young people dont remember.

Forum List

Back