Daily Kos Says Cruz Has a Chance to Win it All

The Kos site must have been giving out free acid that day or something

I normally do no more than scan the headlines of this purely leftist website. But this was one of their headlines I simply could not pass up. The way they are whining and worrying and demanding that “Democrats get their act together” indicates to me that they're terrified of a conservative replacing out ultra-leftist in the White House.

Read the article @ Don t laugh Why Ted Cruz could win GOP primary and possibly win it all

I am willing to predict that we are not going to see a President Cruz.
Almost all of the predictions of who will not be president will be correct.

I normally do no more than scan the headlines of this purely leftist website. But this was one of their headlines I simply could not pass up. The way they are whining and worrying and demanding that “Democrats get their act together” indicates to me that they're terrified of a conservative replacing out ultra-leftist in the White House.

Read the article @ Don t laugh Why Ted Cruz could win GOP primary and possibly win it all

I am willing to predict that we are not going to see a President Cruz.
Almost all of the predictions of who will not be president will be correct.

So the odds are in my favor.

Cruz is driving the GOP Clown Car

He will not win a single primary....not even in Texas

This will especially be true if Huckabee gets into the race. He will pretty much take Cruz's base, but also is very unlikely to take the nomination.

The Republican nominating process is going to be fun to watch. I honestly think we could see a situation where nobody gets 50% on the first ballot. Then all bets are off. In the end though, I really can't see it making any difference as none of them is very likely to have much of a chance against Hillary, assuming she runs a smart campaign.

This will especially be true if Huckabee gets into the race. He will pretty much take Cruz's base, but also is very unlikely to take the nomination.

The Republican nominating process is going to be fun to watch. I honestly think we could see a situation where nobody gets 50% on the first ballot. Then all bets are off. In the end though, I really can't see it making any difference as none of them is very likely to have much of a chance against Hillary, assuming she runs a smart campaign.

Who knows what's going to happen. At this point in the Bush administration Clinton appeared to have it locked up as well, but some junior senator came out of nowhere. I sure wouldn't have predicted it.

The real problem the Republicans are going to have is that the nation is not broken up north and south, or east and west, or central and coastal. It is broken up rural and urban. Every state has both and most state districts are rural, but most of the population is urban. The candidates which run strong in the rural areas don't do so well in the urban. So you get what happened with Romney, trying to appear far enough right to keep the rural vote without turning off the urban vote. He failed. I think he failed because he wasn't consistent. It seemed every time he made a speech some aide would come out afterward to explain what he really meant by.... He changed what he stood for so often I came to the realization that the only thing he stood for was winning the election. As a result, he was the first Republican I didn't vote for in a presidential election.

That's a very large assumption. After all, it only took a wildly unqualified community organizer to knock her off last time. She has no charisma, no connection with the voter, and has Bubba's tendency to lie but none of his ability to talk her way out of it. Basically, her chances will come down to the following:

1. How ready people are to vote for a woman for the first time, after Obama broke the color barrier.
2. How tired people are of the democrat brand by that time.
3. How much exposure she gets. Usually, the more people see and hear her, the less they like her.

Who knows what's going to happen. At this point in the Bush administration Clinton appeared to have it locked up as well, but some junior senator came out of nowhere. I sure wouldn't have predicted it.

The real problem the Republicans are going to have is that the nation is not broken up north and south, or east and west, or central and coastal. It is broken up rural and urban. Every state has both and most state districts are rural, but most of the population is urban. The candidates which run strong in the rural areas don't do so well in the urban. So you get what happened with Romney, trying to appear far enough right to keep the rural vote without turning off the urban vote. He failed. I think he failed because he wasn't consistent. It seemed every time he made a speech some aide would come out afterward to explain what he really meant by.... He changed what he stood for so often I came to the realization that the only thing he stood for was winning the election. As a result, he was the first Republican I didn't vote for in a presidential election.

I supported Romney in 2008 in the primaries against McCain. I voted for McCain in the general election despite Sarah Palin being on the ticket. In 2012, Romney changed. He was trying so hard to please the far right that he alienated many people like myself, so I voted for Obama, and I can't say I'm sorry about that decision. The fact is he has done a decent job.

I supported Romney in 2008 in the primaries against McCain. I voted for McCain in the general election despite Sarah Palin being on the ticket. In 2012, Romney changed. He was trying so hard to please the far right that he alienated many people like myself, so I voted for Obama, and I can't say I'm sorry about that decision. The fact is he has done a decent job.

Pretty much my story as well. Although my expectations of Obama in the beginning was so low, due to his lack of experience, that I was surprised at how well he did. Not a great president, but certainly not the monster people claim.

It is going to be Cruz or Walker, probably Walker unless he has skeletons in the closet somewhere. Paul will not get it because the right does not trust his foreign policy. If Walker is the nominee, he will beat any of the democrats including Hilly. If Cruz is the nominee, it will be 55% for the dems, but if anybody but Hilly, he will win.

Democrats have been reading to much of their own press on Cruz. He will win every debate he is in. He actually was affiliated with the supreme court, and his campaign will ask the media to show anything that he did that was not constitutional.

Nobody says anyone has to like him, but one thing he will do is not lie. That is refreshing for a politician, don't you think people who still cringe and run over......if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor might find that.........interesting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Forum List

Back