Dadt

And what does that have to do with anything? I realize the passage has the words "Congress" and "militia" which sounds sort of like military so in your mind it must support what you think. But honestly it isn't so.
Overlooked this part, didn't ya?
To raise and support Armies,

You're kidding..right?

Well maybe not:

And what does that have to do with anything? I realize the passage has the words "Congress" and "militia" which sounds sort of like military so in your mind it must support what you think. But honestly it isn't so.
Two questions:
1) How did the military in this country become integrated in 1948?
2) How did the present policy of DADT get implemented to begin with?

:lol:

Reading is not your strong point.

I'll help.

I bolded the more relevant clauses for ya..although they are all pretty relevant.
Thanks....
I lost it when I was editing the quotes
:cool:

Overlooked this part, didn't ya?
To raise and support Armies,

I realize that sounds sort of like having control. And to someone with limited brain power like Sallow it would be enough.
But really. Do I actually have to spell it out for you?

You're kidding..right?

Well maybe not:

Two questions:
1) How did the military in this country become integrated in 1948?
2) How did the present policy of DADT get implemented to begin with?

1) The president told the military that they had to allow them to serve with them.
2) Present policy of DADT? Was cooked up by a couple of congress critters.

Origin

The policy was introduced as a compromise measure in 1993 by President Bill Clinton who campaigned on the promise to allow all citizens to serve in the military regardless of sexual orientation.[4] At the time, per the December 21, 1993 Department of Defense Directive 1332.14,[5] it was legal policy (10 U.S.C. § 654)[6] that homosexuality is incompatible with military service and persons who engaged in homosexual acts or stated that they are homosexual or bisexual were discharged.[4][7] The Uniform Code of Military Justice, passed by Congress in 1950 and signed by President Harry S Truman, established the policies and procedures for discharging homosexual servicemembers.[8][not in citation given][improper synthesis?]

Congress overrode Clinton by including text in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994 (passed in 1993) requiring the military to abide by regulations essentially identical to the 1982 absolute ban policy.[7] The Clinton Administration on December 21, 1993,[9] issued Defense Directive 1304.26, which directed that military applicants were not to be asked about their sexual orientation.[7] This is the policy now known as "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

The full name of the policy at the time was "Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, Don’t Pursue." The "Don’t Ask" provision mandates that military or appointed officials will not ask about or require members to reveal their sexual orientation. The "Don’t Tell" states that a member may be discharged for claiming to be a homosexual or bisexual or making a statement indicating a tendency towards or intent to engage in homosexual activities. The "Don’t Pursue" establishes what is minimally required for an investigation to be initiated. A "Don’t Harass" provision was added to the policy later. It ensures that the military will not allow harassment or violence against service members for any reason.[3]

Gay personnel were often the target of various types of harassment by their comrades, intended to compel them to resign or confess to investigators.[citation needed] An infamous version of this harassment was called a blanket party; at night several servicemembers would restrain their victim in their bunk with a blanket or sheet, and then beat the victim.[citation needed] At times beatings of gay personnel were severe and occasionally even fatal, as in the case of Allen R. Schindler, Jr.. In defense of his DADT policy, President Clinton cited U.S. Navy Radioman Third Class Schindler, brutally murdered by shipmate Terry M. Helvey (with the aid of an accomplice), leaving a "nearly-unrecognizable corpse".[10] DADT has officially prohibited such behavior, but harassment continues.[11]

In the midst of the 1993 controversy, the National Defense Research Institute prepared a study for the Office of the Secretary of Defense published as Sexual Orientation and U.S. Military Personnel Policy: Options and Assessment.[12] It concluded, in measured language, that "circumstances could exist under which the ban on homosexuals could be lifted with little or no adverse consequences for recruitment and retention"[13] if the policy were implemented with care, principally because many factors contribute to individual enlistment and re-enlistment decisions.

In Congress, Democratic Senator Sam Nunn of Georgia led the contingent that favored maintaining the absolute ban on gays. Reformers were led by Democratic Congressman Barney Frank of Massachusetts, who favored modification (but ultimately voted for the defense authorization bill with the gay ban language), and retired Republican Senator Barry Goldwater, who argued on behalf of full repeal. After Congressional phone lines were flooded by organized anti-gay opposition, President Clinton backed off on his campaign promise to repeal the ban in favor of the DADT "compromise."

Do you bother getting your head out of your boyfriend's ass long enough to read what you actually post?

I realize that sounds sort of like having control. And to someone with limited brain power like Sallow it would be enough.
But really. Do I actually have to spell it out for you?
Possibly. shrug

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ, 64 Stat. 109, 10 U.S.C. Chapter 47
), is the foundation of military law in the United States. It was established by the United States Congress in accordance with the authority given by the United States Constitution in Article I, Section 8, which provides that "The Congress shall have Power . . . To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval forces."

I'm very curious to see how Scott Brown finds a way to not vote for this bill.

When does Congress set policy for the military? Why isn't this the call of the Commander in Chief?
Are those goalposts heavy, 'bro?
I just showed you that Congress wrote the UCMJ.
That is how Congress sets policy for the military.

And I showed how Harry Truman integrated the armed forces by executive order, and how Bill Clinton instituted DADT by executive order.
Why can't Barack Obama allow gays to serve openly by executive order?

Doesn't matter Rabbi, The Lame Duck House pushed it through and the Senate will play politics with it to make sure they hurt the US military during time of war. Stupid stupid stupid people. I have lost all respect for the Democrat party.

When does Congress set policy for the military? Why isn't this the call of the Commander in Chief?

And I showed how Harry Truman integrated the armed forces by executive order, and how Bill Clinton instituted DADT by executive order.

Basically because he's trying to follow the actual process of legislation in this country.

But it might come to an executive order.

Doesn't matter Rabbi, The Lame Duck House pushed it through and the Senate will play politics with it to make sure they hurt the US military during time of war. Stupid stupid stupid people. I have lost all respect for the Democrat party.

Alan Turing basically cracked the ENIGMA code. That's arguably one of the most important events of WWII. He also invented the modern computer. Would you have liked to have seen him booted from the military for being a Homosexual?

As I have said, I will support the law. Currently (for a short time yet) the law says that openly Gay people will not serve in the armed forces. I believe it will be a major mistake to change that, especially during time of war. But I will support the law, what ever it may be.

Basically because he's trying to follow the actual process of legislation in this country.

But it might come to an executive order.

So Harry Truman and Bill Clinton did not "follow the actual process of legislation" (whatever that means)??

Ummm.....
Because that would require an actual decision and a stand on a relevant matter rather than commenting on police acting stupidly????
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back