Dad Urges Son to Throw Rocks at IDF So They Shoot Him

what have you got against tents? we used the same argument to steal land from the boongs and the injuns. just because they lived in tents doesn't mean they didn't live there.

There is much more going on here than just a dispute of sovereignty between Israel and wanna-be Palestine. The root of the issue is not politics. That certainly plays a role and colors the entire conflict. But recognize that this is also very much a conflict of urbanization vs.a traditional rural lifestyle.

In traditional rural lifestyles, if your family gets bigger -- you just use your resources to farm or graze more land. Surrounding land is abundant and "free" for use. There is no discussion of "ownership". You just make your farmland a little bigger. If your family grows -- you just build a new house to accommodate the son and daughter-in-law and their children.

There is an essential conflict between that way of life and an urbanized way of thinking. Where land must be purchased, and building permits obtained and urban plans adhered to.

It makes no sense to build water infrastructure to 312 tiny villages of less than 50 or 100 people spread out over hundreds of kilometers territory. It makes far more sense to just bring water to a few central locations.
I think that is really sad. Living simply sounds alright to me. I like shops and comforts and stuff but i'm pretty tough physically. I feel sad for their loss of way of life.

They did not lose it, they gave it up to fight a religious war that they have no hope of ever winning. They have become squeezed into a smaller area and insist on breeding like lice on a rabid dog. They bring it all on themselves by not having the guts to turn round and say STOP NO MORE.
religion is a head fuck. to be sure, to be sure.

And the worst is islam that if you read it shows just how bad a religion can be

what have you got against tents? we used the same argument to steal land from the boongs and the injuns. just because they lived in tents doesn't mean they didn't live there.

There is much more going on here than just a dispute of sovereignty between Israel and wanna-be Palestine. The root of the issue is not politics. That certainly plays a role and colors the entire conflict. But recognize that this is also very much a conflict of urbanization vs.a traditional rural lifestyle.

In traditional rural lifestyles, if your family gets bigger -- you just use your resources to farm or graze more land. Surrounding land is abundant and "free" for use. There is no discussion of "ownership". You just make your farmland a little bigger. If your family grows -- you just build a new house to accommodate the son and daughter-in-law and their children.

There is an essential conflict between that way of life and an urbanized way of thinking. Where land must be purchased, and building permits obtained and urban plans adhered to.

It makes no sense to build water infrastructure to 312 tiny villages of less than 50 or 100 people spread out over hundreds of kilometers territory. It makes far more sense to just bring water to a few central locations.
Yeah, the Palestinians were farmers before those nasty Jews moved in.
Israel is desert and swamp land. At least it was until the Jews moved in and drained the swamps and turned the desert green.

no because they are not able to live simply anymore.

Sure they are. Everyone keeps insisting that they be given water and medical care though. They could just turn it down.
they don't have enough land to live like that anymore :(

Well, entirely avoiding my point of whether the benefits of, you know, modern living should be made available to them or not...

...but exactly who "doesn't have enough land to live like that anymore"? We are talking about the Palestinians living in Area C. The problem is not the availability of land. Its the conflict between tradtional living and urbanization.
well why isn't there enough land?
Ask the people in New York City why there isn't enough land.

Israel is desert and swamp land. At least it was until the Jews moved in and drained the swamps and turned the desert green.

And when Israel turned this near wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it's their land.

no because they are not able to live simply anymore.

Sure they are. Everyone keeps insisting that they be given water and medical care though. They could just turn it down.

Well, entirely avoiding my point of whether the benefits of, you know, modern living should be made available to them or not...

...but exactly who "doesn't have enough land to live like that anymore"? We are talking about the Palestinians living in Area C. The problem is not the availability of land. Its the conflict between tradtional living and urbanization.
because we swindled it from the injuns.

erm that was Rhodesia. And Rhodes only borrowed money from jews. He was English.

And probably the greatest and benign colonialist of all time.

Making those who complain about the Jews and Israel the worlds biggest hypocrites

erm that was Rhodesia. And Rhodes only borrowed money from jews. He was English.

It was also palestine if you bother to read the reports from the time

What makes you think there is not enough land? Enough land for what, anyway?
expanding one's livestock.

Okay. So what makes you think that there is not enough grazing land to expand a family's livestock.
i've seen the map. it's really small.

Not compared to the rest of the M.E. that has wide open spaces ripe for colonisation and developement. Just like the west was all those years ago

Making those who complain about the Jews and Israel the worlds biggest hypocrites
I think it's just that this sort of thing simply isn't done by Westerners anymore. It happening now. It's very outdated way of interacting with the global community. Surely you can see that while we were relinquishing our colonies, you were just getting started.

I always thought jews had good fashion sense. lol

however, I'm starting to see how complicated the situation is there. So thanks for describing it.

I'm suprised it was swampy. was it brackish swamp and tidal?

Okay. So what makes you think that there is not enough grazing land to expand a family's livestock.

Not compared to the rest of the M.E. that has wide open spaces ripe for colonisation and developement. Just like the west was all those years ago
One thing i like about israel is the gum trees you planted. That was a top idea. Once the middle east was not desert. It got that way from thousands of years of humans using the wood and soil to survive.

I think we only got to Europe after the ice age stopped.

I think it's just that this sort of thing simply isn't done by Westerners anymore. It happening now. It's very outdated way of interacting with the global community. Surely you can see that while we were relinquishing our colonies, you were just getting started.

I always thought jews had good fashion sense. lol

however, I'm starting to see how complicated the situation is there. So thanks for describing it.

No more complicated than if the first nations people decided to reclaim their lands under the terms of International law the members of team palestine twist to use retrospectively. That is until they start to work against them and then they are against them being employed. If the International community decide that there will be a new human right from today then it can not be used against something that happened yesterday

colonies are just sooo 19th century.

Is that whay there are so many of them sprining up in the west today. I know of at least 10 in close proximity to where I live, and members of team palestine refer to them as ghetto's. They forget that they are of the muslims own making who choose to band together and close the doors on the indigenous, they are the ones refusing to integrate and when they have enough "bodies" they demand changes that benefit them.

I'm suprised it was swampy. was it brackish swamp and tidal?

It was infested with disease carrying insects and worthless, and the Ottoman landlords sold it to the Jews at massively inflated prices. The Jews turned the swamps into fine arable lands and that is why the arab muslims want to steal it.

One thing i like about israel is the gum trees you planted. That was a top idea. Once the middle east was not desert. It got that way from thousands of years of humans using the wood and soil to survive.

I think we only got to Europe after the ice age stopped.

Firstly I planted nothing as I am not a Jew or an Israeli. Palestine was rich farmland able to sustain 10 million people when the Romans invaded. The people who migrated into the void left by the slavers just destroyed the land.

Which is the better deal 5 years giving $500,000 a year and then nothing or 100 years giving $100,000 a year and then having to rest for 3 before starting all over again

Forum List

Back