DACA Was a Bad Dream

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Obama trying to fundamentally change America to a third world country...

September 5, 2017
DACA Was a Bad Dream
By Daniel John Sobieski

If President Trump decides to let the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) lapse or end it outright, it will be a deserved end to a magnet for illegal immigration based on an unconstitutional executive order by President Barack Hussein Obama who was frustrated that Congress failed to pass it as legislation named the DREAM Act. As syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer observed on Fox News’ Special Report at the time:

You can have executive orders that implement already existing laws. What Obama has done in the DREAM Act, which is exactly what you've talked about. Essentially he passed a law by executive order that the Congress had rejected, wouldn't pass, that is unbelievably unconstitutional. It's as if a Republican ran and said I don't like the capital gains tax, Congress rejects an abolition of that tax and then he orders the IRS not to collect it. People would be up in arms and would be impeaching. He's doing that over and over again on immigration

Even President Obama said he didn’t have the authority to do what he eventually did -- enact the Congressionally rejected DREAM Act through executive order:

Read more: Articles: DACA Was a Bad Dream

DACA kids caught in limbo...
icon5.png

Young Immigrants' Fate Unclear as Congress Delays DACA Fix
December 19, 2017 — Laura Lopez is a Mexican immigrant living in Florida who has been racing against time to avoid deportation.
Lopez said she arrived at the post office just after the cutoff time and missed the deadline set by President Donald Trump to renew her paperwork for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that helps young immigrants brought into the country illegally. Lopez, 30, blamed the chaos of Hurricane Irma while juggling a move from Miami to Daytona Beach as reasons why she missed the cutoff.

F8C307AB-7638-4579-A441-8507285C598E_w650_r0_s.jpg

Ernesto Delgado, center, a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals recipient, fills out his renewal application during the immigration ministry at Lincoln Methodist Church in Chicago​

As a result, her status as a recipient of DACA ends Friday. Her driver's license, car insurance and housing lease are all in jeopardy once the program goes away for her. "Everywhere I go, everything and everyone reminds me I have an expiration date" said Lopez, who is still trying to show proof that she attempted to send her renewal package the day before the October 5 deadline. "The government is playing with the lives of families."

Lopez is one of thousands of immigrants who are losing their protection from deportation under the administrative program established by President Barack Obama in 2012, including many who missed the deadline or saw their applications lost in the mail. The immigrants also are being provided a glimpse of what will happen if Congress is unable to come up with a permanent replacement. Thousands more will start seeing their protections end in March. Here are some questions and answers about the process:

Why the rush?

In theory, DACA recipients should be protected until March. The government does not turn over information about DACA recipients to deportation agents unless they are targeted for a criminal investigation. That means immigrants with expiring paperwork won't be automatically deported, but they can be if they get stopped by police or arrested on criminal charges.

79994EA1-5E61-4FC8-99EE-5CCE32360482_w650_r0_s.jpg

Judy Weatherly, a supporter of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, holds up a sign during a protest outside the Federal Building in San Francisco​

Officials say there are no plans to change how the government handles personal information of applicants. However, Francis Cissna, USCIS director, said "the guidance has always said that that policy could change. It has always said that; it still says that."

Where does Congress stand?

Obama is a racist and DACA is racist.
The racist Democratic Party even brags about making white voters the minority.
Every country has the right to control its immigration.

I agree that we should have strict immigration laws that are enforced.

Every other country (including Mexico) has strict laws. Why shouldn't we?

Nevertheless, I feel that from a practical and humanitarian point of view, those 800,000 young people should be allowed to stay here.

1. Most Americans (regardless of party affiliation) will not stand for 800,000 young people being dragged to airplanes waiting to return them to Mexico and Central America. (Remember the controversy raised when one Cuban boy was forced to leave Florida and return to his country?)

2. In my opinion, it would be cruel to force them to return. Many of them know only American life. Just think if you were told that you had to return to the land of your ancestors.

I am guessing that President Trump and the Congress will come up with a face-saving measure.

Those 800,000 young people will be allowed to stay here, with certain temporary restrictions.

Like it or not, they are here to stay and will play a crucial role in future American politics.

As their advocates probably would tell us: GET OVER IT. THEY AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

Forum List

Back