D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students to Apply to College

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
What the hell is it with demoncraps and their mandatory bullshit? What the hell ever happened to their spewing their bullshit of free choice?

Lawmakers in the nation's capital have floated a plan to require high school students to apply to college or trade school -- even if the students have no interest in attending.
The proposal is a bid to ensure students in the troubled Washington, D.C., school system at least have the know-how to navigate the admissions proces

Read more: D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students To Apply To College | Fox News

and who the hell is supposed to pay for all this mandatory bullshit they float like they turds?

Would be a pretty clever way of artificially inflating the proportion of minority students that get rejected from college. The left needs racism to thrive or else its ideology falls apart.

Would be a pretty clever way of artificially inflating the proportion of minority students that get rejected from college. The left needs racism to thrive or else its ideology falls apart.

That isnt it.

Think about why college cost so much and how its funded. Another Voting block that has been bought.

DC lawmakers need to worry more about their ethical and legal violations. A bunch of them are crooks.

I teach my high school students to apply to college even if they never actually do. Some kids have no business in college. There is a need for more apprenticeship programs. Any idea how much a plumber makes?

What Santorum called "hubris and snobbery".

As it is, only 22% of our students graduate fro college. The repubs and teabags are right - that's way too much education for a lifetime of scrubbing floors and super sizing fatburgers.

Norway and South Korea are the best educated in the world. Let's continue our rush to the bottom and hand the planet over to them.

What the hell is it with demoncraps and their mandatory bullshit? What the hell ever happened to their spewing their bullshit of free choice?

Lawmakers in the nation's capital have floated a plan to require high school students to apply to college or trade school -- even if the students have no interest in attending.
The proposal is a bid to ensure students in the troubled Washington, D.C., school system at least have the know-how to navigate the admissions proces

Read more: D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students To Apply To College | Fox News

and who the hell is supposed to pay for all this mandatory bullshit they float like they turds?

LOL. I think if that happens there will be a lot of people working in colleges who will just walk out. It's bad enough as it is trying to sort out who should and who should not be accepted when all who apply ARE qualified to be there. I've been on the admission committee and it's a nightmare. I can't imagine the hell that would ensue if every kid in the US had to apply to a college!

What Santorum called "hubris and snobbery".

As it is, only 22% of our students graduate fro college. The repubs and teabags are right - that's way too much education for a lifetime of scrubbing floors and super sizing fatburgers.

Norway and South Korea are the best educated in the world. Let's continue our rush to the bottom and hand the planet over to them.
You know why Johnny graduates from high school illiterate?

Because you idiots taught him that feelings were more important than English, math, history, and science.

Oh, but you gave him a medal for participating. :cool:

Most Students in Remedial Classes in College Had Solid Grades in High School, Survey Finds - Government - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Oh no, not the natural enemy of conservatism, EDUCATION!

Considering that the bulk of the liberal democrat voting block is uneducated poverty stricken minorities, I would think that educating them and allowing them a chance at a better life would be to the detriment of that party - not the republicans. Indeed, a person who has an economic and social stake in politics (i.e. owns property, works for everything they have, etc) would tend to lean toward the conservative ideology. You do realize those educated hippie liberal douche white folks who fashion themselves the saviors of minorities are but a small fraction of the voting force - they lead from the top an army of uneducated masses who believe they will give them all their desires.

My point is, I don's see where you are coming from on this one. In fact, I am educated from two institutions of higher learning, and granted much of my peers at the time (not too many years ago) were entranced by the ideals of the liberal idiocy of most college professors - it is when my peers entered the real world, where they began to find their what-you-may-call conservative side. It is difficult in many cases, such as my own, to apply a simple ideological brand of either liberal or conservative - indeed many of us are multi-fluidly-political based on certain areas of life, and of knowledge, and of the times.

Martin's America - Home

Typical that the repubs/teabags are all kinds of crazy because of a WORKSHOP designed to teach students HOW to apply for college.

Much better to teach them how to vote Republican even though its against their best interests.

If we don't stop the GObP/Repubs, they really will drag us over the cliff with them.

Kid, quit being stupid for at least two minutes in a row.

Government has no business mandating anything like this.

Why not? Are local governments not allowed to set the requirements for their local school districts?

What happened to the rights of local government?

Now with unadulterated BS.

Reason?

I'll I've heard on this forum for the past few days is how bad education is from the conservative members. Give me a reason to think you actually care about our education competing with other countries.
Most Students in Remedial Classes in College Had Solid Grades in High School, Survey Finds - Government - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Colleges spend billions on remedial classes to prep freshmen - USATODAY.com

Report:-Over-a-third-of-students-entering-college - Chicago Sun-Times

Scores show students aren't ready for college - Washington Times

Does that look like a successful system to you?

Considering that the bulk of the liberal democrat voting block is uneducated poverty stricken minorities, I would think that educating them and allowing them a chance at a better life would be to the detriment of that party - not the republicans. Indeed, a person who has an economic and social stake in politics (i.e. owns property, works for everything they have, etc) would tend to lean toward the conservative ideology. You do realize those educated hippie liberal douche white folks who fashion themselves the saviors of minorities are but a small fraction of the voting force - they lead from the top an army of uneducated masses who believe they will give them all their desires.

My point is, I don's see where you are coming from on this one. In fact, I am educated from two institutions of higher learning, and granted much of my peers at the time (not too many years ago) were entranced by the ideals of the liberal idiocy of most college professors - it is when my peers entered the real world, where they began to find their what-you-may-call conservative side. It is difficult in many cases, such as my own, to apply a simple ideological brand of either liberal or conservative - indeed many of us are multi-fluidly-political based on certain areas of life, and of knowledge, and of the times.

Martin's America - Home

I was hoping someone would bring that up, which is why I said what I said.

My point is why are all of you so fucking uppity about the supposed liberal agenda in education when, by your very own admission, a majority of the people holding degrees are FUCKING CONSERVATIVE.

Hypocracy at its finest.

How dare the Dems try to provide minorities with "know how!"

"I believe that every child should have the opportunity, even if they don't go, to at least apply to a college,"

Forum List

Back