Cynthia: I Couldn't Make This Stuff Up!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/8442213/detail.html

McKinney Admits Misusing Taxpayer Money

POSTED: 3:40 pm EDT April 3, 2006
UPDATED: 3:57 pm EDT April 3, 2006

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Cynthia McKinney admits that she broke government rules by spending money to fly a celebrity to Atlanta.

Channel 2 Action News has uncovered documents showing McKinney, D-Ga., spent about $1,000 of taxpayer's money to fly singer Isaac Hayes to Georgia to help dedicate a new office in Atlanta.

The money came from a fund members of Congress are supposed to use for office supplies.

Using the money to pay for Hayes' airline ticket and hotel expenses is a violation of strict congressional rules. Those rules state that taxpayer money can only be used for "travel by Members, Members' employees and vendors. A vendor is an employee of a private company that provides maintenance and support for equipment and software..."

Watchdog groups call taxpayer-funded celebrity travel a blatant waste of taxpayer money.

McKinney staffers say they will reimburse the congressional fund for the cost of Hayes' flight and hotel room.

Bonnie said:
Brings to my mind memories of Carol Mosely Braun and her expensive travels some years back..... :afro:
Oh yes, and her fiance. We know her well! :blowup:

Ha! she's flying chef around? I think that violates eparation of church and state since he is a well known scientologist and for a government official to be flying around a premeir member of a religion for free is a blatant disregard to Separation of church and state, lol.

Some people are thinking her run in with the cop was staged, because she knew this story was going to be coming out. :huh: :laugh:

Rep. Cynthia McKinney..Racist, Anti-Semitic..Pathetic!

Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) made headlines for her blatant refusal to follow rules and protocol when entering the Capitol building in Washington D.C. This is not her first run-in with Capitol police, not the first time she has made outrageous claims or statements.

xxx
Ms. McKinney is a pathetic creature who is on the record for despising Israel, America, Jews, Whites, but she loves herself. Here is her defensive approach, the low road, to failing to follow the rules.
xxx
Last Friday a Capitol Hill officer approached her when she walked around a metal detector. As a member of Congress she is entitled to do so, but she was not wearing the lapel pin that identifies her as a member, and thus she committed a breach of security. Friday Ms. McKinney had the following statement:

"Let me be clear, this whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me--a female, black, progressive congresswoman," she said. "I am certain that after a full review of the facts, I will be exonerated."

xxx
"I have served as a Member of Congress for more than 11 years. Throughout my tenure in Congress, I seem to evoke memory loss, especially from certain police officers who claim not to be able to recognize my face while I go to work everyday, representing the people of Georgia's 4th Congressional District."
xx
"Washington, DC and local newspapers, as well as authors of books, have carried my 'working while black' stories of such encounters on Capitol Hill. In fact, the movie American Blackout candidly captures just such an encounter in one of its more humorous moments when after a two-year hiatus from Congress, a black police officer recognizes me and welcomes me back to Washington, and then just across the street, a few yards away, a white police officer approaches me to ask me what office I am with."
xxx
Ms. McKinney has a problem wearing her "special" pin. In 2002 Slate wrote more about the Georgia Representatives outrageous comments.
xxxx
In August 1993, during her first term in office, a Capitol Hill police officer tried to prevent her from bypassing a metal detector, as members of Congress are allowed to do. For years afterward, The Hill reports, the Capitol Police pinned a picture of McKinney to an office wall, warning officers to learn her face because she refuses to wear her member's pin. Five years later, she blasted White House security after guards thought her 23-year-old white aide was the congresswoman.
xxx
During a nasty 1996 congressional campaign with racial tension on both sides, she called supporters of her Republican opponent "holdovers from the Civil War days" and "a ragtag group of neo-Confederates." Never mind that her opponent was Jewish.
xxx
And during the 2000 presidential campaign, she wrote that "Gore's Negro tolerance level has never been too high. I've never known him to have more than one black person around him at any given time." Never mind that Gore's campaign manager was black.
xxx
As McKinney put it in a 1996 interview with the Progressive, "African Americans have always known that a little bit of paranoia was healthy for us." Like most conspiracy-mongers, McKinney taps that paranoia to weave facts into a web of fiction.
xxx
Should we expect less from an elected official who has spun the fantasy that President Bush had advance knowledge of the Sept. 11 attacks?
xxx
Source: Opinion Journal

http://www.donsattic.blogspot.com/

I live near the 4th Congressional district, and I've known about this woman for a while. She's a grandstander and a nut, and the people who keep voting for her are ignorant sheep who only do so because they think they have to. She doesn't even care about her whole district. If you call her office from any part of her district that doesn't typically vote for her (like calling a Democrat president's office from, say, Texas or Georgia), she'll just tell you to piss off because you don't vote for her, anyway.

Forum List

Back