CVS to workers: Tell us how much you weigh or it'll cost you $600 a year

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
CVS Caremark has put its employees on notice that they need to reveal their weight or pay a monthly $50 penalty.

“Avoid the $600 annual surcharge,” CVS warns its employees who use the company’s health insurance plan. They’ve been told they are required by May 1 to show up to a doctor for an annual WebMD Wellness Review and submit to tests for blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and body mass and body weight.

“Going forward, you'll be expected not just to know your numbers - but also to take action to manage them,” the CVS policy states.

“There are no penalties based on the results of a wellness screening,” a CVS spokesman told NBCNews via email. “Choosing not to have a screening will result in a $50/month increase.”

CVS to workers: Tell us how much you weigh or it'll cost you $600 a year - Life Inc.

This is a good first step. Weight won't tell much about wellness. They will need to know the muscle to fat ratio. That really doesn't tell much either. What's the glucose and triglyceride levels. That's where this is really going.

This is not the last we will hear of scenarios like this
I feel a trend

This is another way for the insurance companies to make more profit since the statistics indicate that aging and diet will increase glucose and trig levels.

This is another way for the insurance companies to make more profit since the statistics indicate that aging and diet will increase glucose and trig levels.

It has nothing to do with insurance companies. An insurance company will write a group policy, just as they always have. It's the power of the company used to make their employees healthy. These are corporate wellness programs and it all started with the company that decided to fire every one who smokes and test for nicotine, just like they tested for any other drug.

No one saw this coming? That's the mystery. As soon as that company had the power to fire smokers for violating wellness policies we should have known that this was coming.

It has nothing to do with insurance companies. An insurance company will write a group policy, just as they always have. It's the power of the company used to make their employees healthy. These are corporate wellness programs and it all started with the company that decided to fire every one who smokes and test for nicotine, just like they tested for any other drug.

No one saw this coming? That's the mystery. As soon as that company had the power to fire smokers for violating wellness policies we should have known that this was coming.

My company has a wellness program. I get a discuount on my premiums if i at least follow it basically. I have the advantage though, of starting a life altering diet/exercise program right at the time the program started, so I basically qualified right away.

“Going forward, you'll be expected not just to know your numbers - but also to take action to manage them,” the CVS policy states.
First, Gov't approved food makes you fat and sick. Then Gov't approved, and in this case Mandated, Pharmaceuticals mask the symptoms and gives you even worse side effects.

This is called "Western Medicine".

Se it's not "Get Better" or "Get Healthy". Stop eating what is making you fat and have high cholesterol. No, no, no, it's "Manage your Numbers". That means Drugs.

Last edited:

My company has a wellness program. I get a discuount on my premiums if i at least follow it basically. I have the advantage though, of starting a life altering diet/exercise program right at the time the program started, so I basically qualified right away.

It's the company program not the insurance program. And, you are a good little drone.

It's the company program not the insurance program. And, you are a good little drone.

In our case its a discount, not a penalty. If my company wants to implement it and I dont like it I am free to leave.

And go fuck yourself on the drone thing.

Forum List

Back