CVA Muzzle Loader

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I walked in paid $500 and walked out that night with a new gun ammo case scope and kit. Kind of crazy you can get a gun that fast.

But I hear it will shoot 200 yards. Can't wait next Friday I'm going up north to bow hunt Saturday the drive to the thumb (Michigan) to gun hunt opening day Sunday and Monday. I can't think of a better way to spend 4 days. I can't believe it took over 30 years to start hunting. 35 before I learned the guitar.

Anyways, I need to watch the video and take it to the gun range this weekend. I've shot muzzle loaders before. Big boom! I already got a doe looking for an 8 pt or better. I've washed my clothes in special soap bought the spray and wick.

Hopefully I shoot one with my crossbow and never get to use the gun.

Did you go with the Mountain Bobcat 50 cal?
They didn't sell the bullets that came in my starter kit and they recommended the 270 grain powerbelt platinum. Says superior accuracy high velocity and optimal expansion. Designed by magnum loads?

I'm going back to the range 10 am. I didn't scope it properly.

How much do you have to dry the barrell after cleaning it? You don't want the inside to be oily right? My bro worried me that you don't want that cleaning solution in there and to even dry fire a cap? Do you know anything about that?

A scope on a muzzle loader? These days you should have been able to get a bare bones used CVA for about $150
I just bought a new Polaris quad too. I don't do used. I'm not mechanical at all. I know, I should have bought a Honda. Lol

I'm so excited because technically I'm on vacation right now. I'm off tomorrow and we'll drive up north tomorrow night because I have family obligations to take care of tomorrow during the day but will get up there and get a hotel and sleep till about 4 in the morning and then get up get dressed and go climb up in our tree stands with deer piss carrots apples grunt noise makers and crossbows. Will hunt all day Saturday on the Lake Michigan side of Michigan on our property and then saturday night will drive all the way to the thumb near Lake Huron and hunt at our buddies property Sunday and Monday. It is a dream weekend. I hope I get one Saturday and can chill the rest of the weekend or maybe my bro gets one Saturday with crossbow and me Sunday with my new muzzleloader. Has to be 4 on one side minimum.

Any advice? I've washed all my stuff in special soap got the spray.

Right now its rainy and windy. They're bed down. Saturdays suppose to be nice and Sunday Monday even better. They should be moving around.

I do not own nor would I ever buy a modern inline, I'm a purist when it comes to black powder weapons. Hell I won't use anything but real black powder.

I do not own nor would I ever buy a modern inline, I'm a purist when it comes to black powder weapons. Hell I won't use anything but real black powder.
If I could I'd take it back and get a shotgun. Too much work. Last night my buddies taught me how to Really claean it. Wow. Pain in the ass.

Good luck. I'm in a tree. Thinking a deer hunter must have written predator. Even all the trophies on his wall.

If I could I'd take it back and get a shotgun. Too much work. Last night my buddies taught me how to Really claean it. Wow. Pain in the ass.

Good luck. I'm in a tree. Thinking a deer hunter must have written predator. Even all the trophies on his wall.
Ya know how to clean real black powder? It's easy, pour boiling water down the barrel with the nipple hole closed. Do this twice two to three times then once again with the nipple removed, the barrel dries in seconds, wipe down the weapon with oil, you can swab the barrel with an extremely light application of oil but it's not needed.
Keep your pyrodex I'll use the real stuff besides I just pulled my "project" (that I haven't touched since we moved) out of the closet.
694e91_78eed6c2ddcc4575b0aedd385e5a21ae.jpg_srz_p_777_169_75_22_0.5_1.2_0_jpg_srz

This is what it looks like now:

french-tulle-fusil-de-chasse-42-parts-list_5.jpg

Ya know how to clean real black powder? It's easy, pour boiling water down the barrel with the nipple hole closed. Do this twice two to three times then once again with the nipple removed, the barrel dries in seconds, wipe down the weapon with oil, you can swab the barrel with an extremely light application of oil but it's not needed.
Keep your pyrodex I'll use the real stuff besides I just pulled my "project" (that I haven't touched since we moved) out of the closet.
694e91_78eed6c2ddcc4575b0aedd385e5a21ae.jpg_srz_p_777_169_75_22_0.5_1.2_0_jpg_srz

This is what it looks like now:

french-tulle-fusil-de-chasse-42-parts-list_5.jpg
My buddies showed me how to Really clean it and I finally got it sighted. I'm going back this weekend to hopefully shoot the trophy my brother missed. He said it popped its head out of the woods and looked at him. Instead of freezing until it stopped looking he reached for his crossbow and it took off. By the time it ran by me it was screaming to its buddies to get out. Lol

I'm going to sit in this field blind instead of a tree. Going alone. Its big warm has 4 windows. I'll take a folding lounge chair and sleep in it overnight and put food out. Hopefully in the morning I have swamp donkeys surrounding me.

Forum List

Back