Cutlass restoration

great car...

'bout 25 years ago, I drove one of these, cross-country, from Louisiana to New Brunswick...

and then, soon after arriving in NB, survived a head-on collision in it...

btw, visiting it in the wrecker yard a week later, I found that the radio still worked... :)

I just saw a craigslist ad for an 8 track system for an olds cutlass, lolol...

004_zps1a4668e8.jpg

Here's the boy..with..something...I'm not sure what. A paint gun? The windows (except the windshield) are out now and he's starting to hang plastic in the garage. I guess the next step..or one of the next steps...is to get a heater to maintain the correct heat or whatever for the pain to dry. First he does the primer I think..I don't know, he tells us every step of the way, and it's all he talks about but it goes in one ear and out the other. The Mac tool dude and the Snap On tool dude are in a war for him..they both are plying him with hats and shirts and such lolol...

Last edited:
But he said that when one of them gives him a new hat, they make him give him the rival's hat in trade hahaha...

007_zps45dae595.jpg

Here's under the hood..he told me not to put it on facebook because it's in a messy state but hey, this isn't facebook, lol. You guys don't know him so it's okay:

010_zps9354b07f.jpg

He's holding what looks like a HVLP (high volume-low pressure) paint gun. To work properly, temperature and humidity need to be in a certain range. Also, he should hose down the garage floor and make sure it does NOT dry while he sprays!

And tell him he needs a fan shroud or it will overheat in traffic. :D

Yeah he knows, he hasn't started painting yet. He's looking at heaters for the garage and he's going to make a tent/line the entire garage.

Yes the works still need some things. But he could drive it across the state today if he needed to. Whatever it's missing, he knows and can fix. He drove it across the state to his place, and then from there down the coast to here, not that long ago :D

The spoiler isn't on yet, but it's going on. There's something special about the spoiler too. It's the right one, made for this model...I don't remember what he said about it.

isnt it there in the picture?
only right spoiler is the flap one. just dont let him put 26's on it. just an awful look

Oh yeah, I guess it was. It's not on now...I don't know what 26s are but he'll do it right.

around here people take older cars like this or monty carlos and put large wheels on them.

I think he's already got the wheels on that he likes. I don't think they're big.

Forum List

Back